Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    But... he didn't die in his own comic. He was just missing after RIP.

And he didn't die in Final Crisis, he was shown to be alive, trapped in the past, as Darkseid's Omega Effect is known to do, in the same issue he "died" in (or the next issue, it's been a while).
    Yes, I know about that. I didn't like they were gonna put Bruce on the shelf for a while and have someone else donning the cape and cowl. I thought it was a cheap shot on DC's part to shock readers. Just couldn't get behind it so that was that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Yes, I know about that. I didn't like they were gonna put Bruce on the shelf for a while and have someone else donning the cape and cowl. I thought it was a cheap shot on DC's part to shock readers. Just couldn't get behind it so that was that.
    I don't see what was shocking about it.

Further more, the period with Dick as Batman is one of the best in Batman history from last couple of decades.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I stopped reading from 2011 until 2016, and my return in 2016 has been moderate. New 52 did a lot of damage to my relationship with DC as a whole and about as much to the characters I loved. It's not just the reboot, but the approach too. Edge and flash over substance. Not a fan.

I wasn't really boycotting them per se, I just lost all interest in everything they were publishing and tuned out. There was no conscience effort to hurt their wallet because, frankly, I couldn't if I tried.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-08-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I stopped reading from 2011 until 2016, and my return in 2016 has been moderate. New 52 did a lot of damage to my relationship with DC as a whole and about as much to the characters I loved. It's not just the reboot, but the approach too. Edge and flash over substance. Not a fan.

I wasn't really boycotting them per se, I just lost all interest in everything they were publishing and tuned out. There was no conscience effort to hurt their wallet because, frankly, I couldn't if I tried.
    It's a very rough period and I was down to only one series for most of it.

Going back and reading some of that stuff it's hilariously bad. Like Futures End, damn that was dark edgelord nonsense that is painfully boring to read.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I wasn't shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    And that right there highlights that everyone has a different definition of "crap".
    My definition of crap includes bad dialogue, ideas that fall apart when the tiniest bit of thought is given to them and when an issue is told through a series of double page spreads. King's Batman fills all of those criteria.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Mighty Member

Cry for justice. It was not really a boycott, but I lost faith about DC for a long time after this cross over.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Amazing Member

1990"s i boycotted marvel when they did heroes reborn..

Batman's "death" in Final Crisis and of course, the New 52. You don't do the fans that way.
    The biggest problem with Final Crisis was that it made all other superhero comics in recent years look bad by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    My definition of crap includes bad dialogue, ideas that fall apart when the tiniest bit of thought is given to them and when an issue is told through a series of double page spreads. King's Batman fills all of those criteria.
    I've only read the first two TPBs, but so far, the dialogue is good, and the ideas don't fall apart any more they do in every other superhero comic ever.

I've never actually boycotted a comic publisher because of one bad run/story/title.

There have been plenty of times I've only read one or two books from DC or Marvel, and times when I didn't read any Marvel at all, but only because none of the lines interested me, not because they did something I didn't like. When that happens, I just stop reading the offending book/s and find new titles elsewhere.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Stopped dc at new 52 but picked up again at dc you

Marvel a few times

Heroes reborn fir a couple years
    Still don't buy spiderman at all after one more day, no marvel for a good 5 years iirc
    Dark reign for its duration

Only spiderman felt like a boycott the others were just lack of interest

but ill never collect spiderman again

Amazing Member

All Superman comics since rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I've only read the first two TPBs, but so far, the dialogue is good, and the ideas don't fall apart any more they do in every other superhero comic ever.
    I read the first 40 issues and the Dialogue was atrocious from the start. The ideas falling apart starts in the I am Bane story arc.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    I read the first 40 issues and the Dialogue was atrocious from the start. The ideas falling apart starts in the I am Bane story arc.
    That really depends on who you ask. Plenty of others think that's when it started to come together.

I don't think it's crap at all. Batman tends to have the highest selling comic along with the highest number of detractors. It was the same for Morrison and Snyder.