Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default What is the Best Thing that's happened to DC comics since Flashpoint?

Character changes (regressions). Events. Talent comings and goings. Costumes. Stuff I haven't thought of.

What's the best thing that's happened to DC since the upheavals of Flashpoint?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Character changes (regressions). Events. Talent comings and goings. Costumes. Stuff I haven't thought of.

What's the best thing that's happened to DC since the upheavals of Flashpoint?
    I think Snyder, King & Bendis taking over the reigns as the prime movers and shakers of the DCU has been pretty cool so far. As much as I enjoy Johns, DC has leaned too hard on him to be their go-to guy for long enough. DC is always at its best when it has a deep bench of A-list talent & great editors driving the ship.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Rebirth. It's corrected a lot of the wrongs done by the New 52 such as Martian Manhunter's connection to the Justice League, Wonder Woman's Amazons behavior, and the original Titans being a team.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

It's hard to tell cause i've really enjoyed very few things.
    Among them i'll certainly remember King's Grayson & Omega men, Soule's Red Lanterns and Johns's Rebirth (even though it seems to have totally lost purpose and effectiveness).
    I liked Jurgens's Action Comics and I don't mind introducing Jon Kent (obviously they seem to have put him in limbo now )
    I'm enjoying Doomsday Clock too.
    Last edited by failo.legendkiller; 08-28-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Snyder's Batman, Johns' Aquaman and Venditti's Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps were the best runs to come out post-Flashpoint. The introduction of Jon Kent as Superboy was great as was Johns making Mera a more prominent character.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

To me, the art has been 100% better. Overall, compared to nu52.

The storytelling has been so much better, panel to panel.

Forever Evil was one of DC’s best events. It was nice to have an event focused on storytelling instead of continuity clean-up.
    Willamson has been a huge success for DC, as has King as controversial as he is.
    Art overall has been excellent.
    The Superman Reborn suit is the perfect “update” for Supes so of course it disappears almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Rebirth. It's corrected a lot of the wrongs done by the New 52 such as Martian Manhunter's connection to the Justice League, Wonder Woman's Amazons behavior, and the original Titans being a team.
    All of this. Rebirth.

Original Titans history retold through a modern lens.

Superman history reinstated, and Superman moved forward with a marriage and son. He's been around 80 years and 1000+ issues...I WANT to see his story move forward not forever locked in Lois guessing his secret identity, so this was a big plus for me.

Wonder Woman's Amazon history made more iconic.

The Batman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman storylines have probably been the biggest winners since Flashpoint.
    (Remember when Arthur was a squid for a while, and the other guy was Arthur? Ugh!)

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    All of this. Rebirth.

Superman history reinstated, and Superman moved forward with a marriage and son. He's been around 80 years and 1000+ issues...I WANT to see his story move forward not forever locked in Lois guessing his secret identity, so this was a big plus for me.

Wonder Woman's Amazon history made more iconic.

The Batman, Green Lantern, and Aquaman storylines have probably been the biggest winners since Flashpoint.
    (Remember when Arthur was a squid for a while, and the other guy was Arthur? Ugh!)
    We've only had one classic Titans story told with a modern lens and most people complained about it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Swamp Thing transferring to the main DCU & all the subsequent runs since.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Forever Evil was one of DC’s best events. It was nice to have an event focused on storytelling instead of continuity clean-up.
    It's true Forever Evil was a good story, my problem with it is about Dick. All the rumors about him dying was a torn in the side, and i'm sure he was the sacrificial victim and they changed their intentions at last moment. Everything happened to him was useless and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Titans are a mess! Starting from Titans Hunt and ending with that absurd Donna "imprisonment". I didn't like anything about them, they didn't tell anything and were not able to create any solid relationship between the characters or restabilish that family feelings that always is tipical of this team.
    Many characters also have a very bad origin story (Donna Troy thanks to Finches, Tempest), others vanished without a reason (Gnark, Lilith Clay etc) and other are so bad used that they have nothing better to do than thinking of killing them (Roy).

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Martian Manhunter was mentioned and shown to have been a past League member during the New 52 in the second or third arc of Johns' JL run when Nu Green Arrow desperately tried to join the league just to be turned down over and over again.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That was nice. Almost relaxing. You didn't have to keep up with what it used to be and what it was becoming, just a straight up Inverted Justice League story, that still managed to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    We've only had one classic Titans story told with a modern lens and most people complained about it.
    I didn't complain about it.

Mal, Lillith, and Karen are all part of the modern landscape again, with modern backstories.

The "original" Titans is no longer Tim, ruined Cassie, ruined-ish Conner, Bar-Torr, Skitter, Bunker.
    It is Dick, Donna, Roy, Wally, Garth as it should be.

I didn't care for the final arc of Titans before it became unrecognizable in it's new incarnation, but I will take 100 Titans/Titans Hunt runs over one nu52 TT travesty.