View Poll Results: Who was the best non-Diana Wonder Woman?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Donna Troy

2 9.52%
  • Hippolyta

14 66.67%
  • Artemis

1 4.76%
  • Cassandra Sandsmark

0 0%
  • Nubia

4 19.05%
  • Orana

0 0%

Default Who was the best non-Diana Wonder Woman?

So who do people think was the best Wonder Woman when someone else took over from Diana?
    Last edited by jump; 08-29-2018 at 02:21 AM.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

I'd go with Hippolyta.

Donna's my favorite character among those listed but I have to admit I enjoyed Hippolyta's run as WW the most.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Hippolyta by far! While being more aggressive at first than Diana, she quickly fell in line plus she embodied Diana's spirit. Her costume was a great modernization of the Golden Age costume and her participation in the Justice Society was significant. I hope when the JSA is brought back, she has her membership intact.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Nubia.

Artemis was a good modernization of Orana, but ultimately I like her best as her own character.

I never liked the idea of Hippolyta as Wonder Woman. Nor do I like Donna having the title. Both characters look far too similar to Diana (obviously), and that takes away from Diana's wonder for me.

Cassie is the same for me as Donna; works better as a Wonder Girl.

I rather liked Nubia. She had a skillset that differed from Dianas by being a Wonder Woman who used a sword and wore armor. And she was shown to be a better fighter than Diana.

Hippolyta is okay and I like the idea that she was once the Amazons champion, but trying to retcon her into being the Wonder Woman of the 40s is just meh to me and id rather them just let Wonder Woman be a superhero active for the past century.

Donna I like as Wonder Girl but frankly when she was Wonder Woman it was hard to tell because they look identical when wearing the same outfit. She offered nothing new in the role.

Cassie...I honestly can't see as an adult. Shes awesome and I want more of her but shes one I would need to see alot more development from before I see her as anything but Wonder Girl.

Orana was essentially remade into Artemis who I like alot as the Shim Tar, though given her nature I prefer her as the champion to the Bana over being the champion to the Islanders.

Incredible Member

Donna didn't really do anything as Wonder Woman in those Heinberg issues, did she? Nubia has had little character development, and while I like that Morrison included her in his "52 earths" thing as Wonder Woman, he did almost nothing with her.

I'd go with Hippolyta, both when she'd sub for Diana in the Golden Age and when Byrne retconned her into the 40s.

Was Etta Candy actually Wonder Woman for an issue or two during Mishkin's run, or was she just dressed in the costume?

I don't necessarily want to see this back in continuity, but Hippolyta as Wonder Woman with the JSA for the brief time it happened was fun a reality or two ago.

Retired

Hippolyta for what was done with her in JSA, but I wish it wasn't needed and John Byrne could have restored Diana to her place in the JSA in the 1940s.