View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cyber Force #5

0 0%
  • Isola #5

1 50.00%
  • The New World #2 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Sugar volume 1 [graphic novel]

0 0%
  • Wayward #28

1 50.00%

Default Weekly Image poll #35 - SUGAR, spice and everything nice!

Well thanks a lot Image, I'm on time with the poll for once and you're just gonna release a couple of books? Yeesh. No worries though, there's good stuff in here.

Last week's poll was, thanks to the aforementioned lateness on my account, quite a dead thread. Hoping to ressurectify that here haha. Shanghai Red took 75% of the votes though, which percentage-wise is probably the biggest win we've ever seen?

All right let's check in with this week's releases: Cyber Force is beginning a new storyline, two team members are sent to chase down a bounty hunter who may destroy the team before it ever really forms. Isola is wrapping up their first storyline, meanwhile, with a big face-off. The series is going on hiatus for 4 months after this, and will return with the second storyline in January 2019. Lastly there's Wayward which, after this week's issue, will just be 2 chapters removed from the conclusion. It's impressive how long this series has been running!

New this week though is Sugar, the real main event. If you liked Sunstone and/or Swing by Stjepan Šejić, this could be your jam. This serves as companion piece to those landmark titles. This time the romance is focused on a loose arrangement/relationship between Julia, a busy student working three jobs to keep up, and recent divorcee John. Can they make time and put past relationships behind them? This time the book is written by Matt Hawkins and drawn by Yishan Li.

312851.jpg

Too slow to vote, but would've been Cyberforce. I only vaguely remember reading the original series when it came out so it's interesting to check out this remix.