Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    But I thought Kitty never relinquished her Black Vortex powers, they just kinda ran out at some unspecified point.
    Well Gamora for exemple, used all her power to move (or fight an entire planete, I'm not sure anymore) and poof her vortex power disappeared.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't think that's how the Black Vortex works. But based on several other factors, I don't think editorial knows how it works either.
    The only reason it isn't usable now is because Gara effed off to the center of a star to protect the artifact.

Fantastic issue!

>The art continues to be gorgeous, and the colouring is mostly spot on and vibrant! Plus only Pepe Larraz manages to make Jean's new costume look great.
    >Teen Angel! I guess every version of Warren has to go through the trauma of having his wings mutilated and amputated... but can you just cut off cosmic energy wings?
    >Poor Mimic. I like the idea that he'll be used to reset the O5 since he copied their original powers.
    >I didn't know I needed bloodthirsty bondage hounds in the X-Men's lives on a regular basis... but now I do.
    >I also thought there were 2 Shadowcats in that group shot. Armor, you all say?
    >Loving Jean as the literal center of the group shots.
    >Damn, Tyke. Your guilt is going to be off the usual charts now.
    >Hound Dog Logan, eh? This'll be fun. But Glob Herman got bitten, too...
    >Eagerly awaiting the next issue!

Favourite panels...
    ex2.jpg
    ex3.jpg
    ex4.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

Ha! Just noticed that the "next issue" page states that "Extermination #3 in two weeks", when solicits and the digital site all say Sept. 26. Way to get my hopes up then dash them again, Marvel.

Nice issue. Scott was being a bit extreme with everything, but it's ok.

Ugh, now I have to see everyone job against OML the next issue, when literally half of the people there could one-shot him.

And I cannot for the life of me take 'Searabro' seriously. Takes me out of the story every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Why are the teen versions so short? Yeah they’re younger but they’re young adults, idk how old baby Cable is though but still. Cables pretty tall I would think even at a younger age he would still be taller.
    Yeah, this has really annoyed me the whole time these teen versions have been around. If they are manifesting their powers, they are post-pubescent, and pretty much full grown. Jean shouldn't be a half a head taller than Jeen. They should be the same height, Jeen will just be a bit younger in the face. The difference between a 16 yo and a 28 year old is very subtle(which is why so many actors into their 20's and 30's can play teen roles). Most artists can't pull that off well, so they just go for the cheap tactic of making the teens look like tweens.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, this has really annoyed me the whole time these teen versions have been around. If they are manifesting their powers, they are post-pubescent, and pretty much full grown. Jean shouldn't be a half a head taller than Jeen. They should be the same height, Jeen will just be a bit younger in the face. The difference between a 16 yo and a 28 year old is very subtle(which is why so many actors into their 20's and 30's can play teen roles). Most artists can't pull that off well, so they just go for the cheap tactic of making the teens look like tweens.
    That tends to be an issue with most illustrations and even animation in general. People have a hard time making someone "younger" without making them unrealistically short to. You see the same thing with all the other teen heroes as well. They're like a foot shorter than the adult heroes.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    And most 30 year olds playing teens look too damn old for the roles. IDA that the differences are merely subtle

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    If he is cutting out the bone that keeps the metal wings attached to the body, then it is doable. I'm assuming nothing will regrow so Mimic will come into play to do a wing transplant.
    But what about the other powers like breathing in space and generating swords of cosmic fire? Wouldn't it be better if he just depowered him, then restored him powers somehow.

If Mimic is copying him, he'd just copy the cosmic abilities because that's what's angels powers are currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    The only reason it isn't usable now is because Gara effed off to the center of a star to protect the artifact.
    LOL, I wonder what would happen if Garas Black vortex powers suddenly burned out completely while she was at the centre of the Sun

Art was sexy as hell.

Aside from that, Rachel just can't catch a break can her?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    WHY IS Kitty still leader? She gathers everyone to come up with this big plan and almost immediately its a big fail. She was awful this issue. I wish someone would tell her to step aside
    Question of the century.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

BANNED

Why jeen need the x force for.She is already OP.What if x force already in league with cable & saflely removed jeen from the x men.
    Even if it's not the caseI think the x force in the end will change alliance & will fight jeen with cable to send her back.
    Jeen is next in line is my over all assumption.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 08-29-2018 at 10:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Art was sexy as hell.

Aside from that, Rachel just can't catch a break can her?

Question of the century.
    I think they're making sure why jean is the next big leader.

Pepe Larraz (and Russell Dauterman and Fiona Staples) have the caliber that could really make an Uncanny relaunch special. :/