Default Snap Wexley (and possibly Black Squadron?) to return

Although a minor part of TFA, Snap has gotten a lot of coverage in the EU's Aftermath novels and Poe Dameron comics. He's also played by Abrams frequent cast member Greg Grunberg.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/..._IX_181752.asp

Makes me wonder if the Outer Rim allies will be involved in the plot somehow, as that's who Snap and co. were sent to look for. Curiously, the Battlefront II DLC also has Leia sending a character on a similar mission.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

JJ Abrams makes a movie, Greg Grunberg gets a role.

I don't think anybody should be surprised by the news.

I strongly doubt his role will be any bigger than it was in Episode VII though.

Snap is becoming this generation's Wedge.

I love it.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Snap is becoming this generation's Wedge.

I love it.
    Funny thing is, the Aftermath novels have Wedge be Snap's mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Funny thing is, the Aftermath novels have Wedge be Snap's mentor.
    Awesome! I love Wedge. I did not know he finally made an appearance in the new cannon. I'll have to check it out.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

He's also appeared in the Marvel comics monthly and Rebels, which sort of gave him a new origin a an Imperial cadet who decided to defect (Kind of similar to Biggs's backstory).

Other than that he hasn't really showed up that much compared to the old EU where he showed up in a ton of stuff. I think it's in part because Disney has the New Republic pretty much demilitarize; and also as far as new movies are concerned, Denis Lawson has pretty much been ambivalent towards Star Wars for quite a while despite his nephew (Ewan) appearing in the films. He turned down a cameo in ROTS where he would play Captain Antilles, sort of an in-joke to that character and Wedge sharing the same last name (Antilles is in the final film, but played by a different actor. Funny thing is there's technically three Captain Antilles actors-The ROTS one, the guy seen briefly in Rogue One, and the third who is Vader's very first kill in A New Hope. Somehow it all works though, while the ROTS guy was in his late 20s/early 30s both later versions are 40-50, and we never get a really good look at the Captain's face anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Awesome! I love Wedge. I did not know he finally made an appearance in the new cannon. I'll have to check it out.
    without spoiling it they reuse some of his old Xwing novels storylines albeit with different characters

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Denis Lawson has pretty much been ambivalent towards Star Wars for quite a while despite his nephew (Ewan) appearing in the films. He turned down a cameo in ROTS where he would play Captain Antilles, sort of an in-joke to that character and Wedge sharing the same last name (Antilles is in the final film, but played by a different actor. Funny thing is there's technically three Captain Antilles actors-The ROTS one, the guy seen briefly in Rogue One, and the third who is Vader's very first kill in A New Hope. Somehow it all works though, while the ROTS guy was in his late 20s/early 30s both later versions are 40-50, and we never get a really good look at the Captain's face anyway).
    Lawson was offered a role in TFA but declined it, apparently in later interviews he said he wanted to but couldn't at the time and hopes to be offered another chance
    Last edited by Hiromi; 09-06-2018 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    without spoiling it they reuse some of his old Xwing novels storylines albeit with different characters

Lawson was offered a role in TFA but declined it, apparently in later interviews he said he wanted to but couldn't at the time and hopes to be offered another chance
    Ackbar and then Wedge were supposed to die in the opening of TFA but we got Lor. :/