Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-men Blue 34 discussion

Sorry I don’t have time to write a recap.

I’m really confused right now. Maybe it’s because I read this right after waking up. But...

This future is supposed to be what triggered magneto to be a bit more ballistic in the current present of xmen blue. So why is he so bloodthirsty and violent at everyone in the future? What’s the motive?

People who love dark magneto will love this issue. But as someone who reads Blue for the 05, the series seems To be going out on a low note unless something turns around.

Full disclosure: the last few issues I have read quickly due to lack of interest so maybe I’m completely missing something here. I kinda feel like I need a clidf’s notes of this arc.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I too read Blue for the O5 so i don't have much to say about the last issues but the next and final arc seems promising.

We will finally see the kids interact with their adult selves and their thoughts on finally going back in time.

I think we can all agree that Magneto's bloodthirst and violence in the past issues is because of editorial intervention. Bunn doesnt want to write in this direction and it shows. Aside from that, the Magneto parts were amazing. Can't wait to see the new brotherhood in action.

Also, who's the redhead (not Briar)?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I loved the ending, and thought that was the strongest part of the issue. Love seeing Magneto rebuild Asteroid M, and with a kick-ass lineup for the Brotherhood backing him up. Seeing Magneto offer shelter to the Mothervine mutants was nice, but I'm sad Lorna couldn't partake in it. I think her staying by her fathers side would be interesting.

This heel turn could have been handled better imo. I think this is clearly just setting up the status quo, and I wish more time was available for it not to come across so rushed.
    Last edited by Soulsword323; 08-29-2018 at 10:26 AM.

BANNED

This issue made no sense.

How is there even a new Asteroid M?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I think we can all agree that Magneto's bloodthirst and violence in the past issues is because of editorial intervention. Bunn doesnt want to write in this direction and it shows. Aside from that, the Magneto parts were amazing. Can't wait to see the new brotherhood in action.

Also, who's the redhead (not Briar)?
    Amelia Voght. Has been missing years. Was an Acolyte of his.

Can't. Wait. For. This!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mutants_Are-Back View Post
    Amelia Voght. Has been missing years. Was an Acolyte of his.
    or was it Uniscone? She just looked too...bulky to be Amelia...Briar looked like Amelia

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    or was it Uniscone? She just looked too...bulky to be Amelia...Briar looked like Amelia
    I thought that it was Unuscione. It would be too random for it to be Amelia, all the other members have been involved in Uncanny or Blue.

Also this... existed. I'm excited for villain Erik.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Lol I don't read this book for the O5 exact opposite.

I don't think Vought would go back to Magneto. Vought should join the X-Men

BANNED

I love that Brotherhood. Just add Xorn and give Bunn an ongoing.

so I know this is a Magneto story and not an 05 story, but it still seems really weird to be reading both this and Extermination at the same time. I can see how the stories might eventually tie together, but I'm not sure what state Mags is going to be in at the end of it.

My head started to hurt when the O5s in the future and Magneto began to discuss time travel and its consequences on all of them not doing what they were supposed to do .

Seriously I hate time travel just want to read this issue because it would be the last time Bunn would work with Magneto but in the end, we just came back to the status quo without much depth or explanation.

Not that I care much always thought that Magneto will always be what the mutants need him to be. If it takes for him to be a hero he will be a hero and if will be necessary for the mutants for him be a villain he will be a villain or even something between the two terms.

In this world kindness is not enough to save lives sometimes we need violence and pragmatism to learn the lesson or survive and so characters like Magneto or Emma exist to do what is necessary.

Well the only part that is really worth commenting is the welcome back of the acolytes but serious Elixir? Nothing against know he was working with Magneto but the character has nothing to do with Erik and the core of the character even though he is technically mentally vulnerable should not accept Magneto tactics .
    Last edited by Knives; 08-29-2018 at 10:55 AM.

I was wrong about Emma appearing in the future to set Magneto off. I was hoping Bunn would make sense of things but he failed. Magneto's rampage was crazy and makes no sense

Dont like that Marvel has reset Magneto back to where he was almost 30 years ago in X-men #1. Talk about regressing

UGH! That end was what I wanted for Polaris leading a new team of Acolytes made up of MV mutants.

This issue made no sense.

How is there even a new Asteroid M?
    He built it? There are tons of asteroids in space.