Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default When will the New X-men finally get some new uniforms and GROW UP!!

So I’m only 17 but I’m in LOVE with the New X-men series and how it portrays teenage mutants training as the future X-men BUT a lot has changed and hasn’t changed since Decimation was out SOOOOO I’ve been wondering who else thinks it’s a good time to get some upgraded duds for these blokes Cuz I’m sooooooo sick and TIRED of seeing Hellion in the exact same Red & Black outfit since 2007 and Pixie, Anole, and Prodigy in basic ass training uniforms. I know Red and black are Hellion’s signature colors but there’s nothing wrong with a new look just saying and can he have a lil stubble I mean they’re practically adults by now DAMN!

See I', glad that Hellion is back in the Red and Black outfit because at least he's not in the basic training uniform. It gives him a recognizable look that makes him easier to spot in a crowd shot.
    Look at that Uncanny X-men teaser, you can only tell that Surge was there because of her blue hair.

At least they're all out of those JGS school uniforms.

I’m still waiting for them to get Illyana out of the basic uniform permanently. The New X-Men are gonna have to take a number.

Rule #1 of Comics: Status Quo is God, and Must Be Worshiped.

The comic community at large hates and fears change.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Editorial at large hates and fears change.
    Fixed that for you.

There's been considerable call for the New X-Men to ACTUALLY get something to do for a while now. I think it was Panic who even acknowledged it, but then came up with the excuse that more focus on the NXM means less focus for the Claremont/Byrne/Lee Nostalgia. Because apparently it's an either/or situation.

I don't think that will happen until they become main cast members again. If that day ever comes. Hopefully we see them in Uncanny and they will look a little bit older...I'm thinking they will stick to the old uniforms to make them recognizable though

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I’m still waiting for them to get Illyana out of the basic uniform permanently. The New X-Men are gonna have to take a number.
    I mean, Kitty's still in it. Illyana at least also has her Bachalo outfit to set her apart.

probably when the kids/teens who read the new x-men stuff grow up, become writers/artists, and break into comics.

Personally I would love it if the Uncanny X-men 10 issue event ended with a separate New X-men book. I mean we are going to need a new young team of X-men book with the 05 leaving and the Wolverine and the X-men book having ended, and with the New X-men making a reappearance on the Uncanny covers I wouldn’t be too surprised to see a return.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The New Mutants (80's kids) turned into young adults by joining X-Force in the 90's
    Gen X (90's kids) turned into young adults by joining the X-Men/X-Factor in the 00's
    Meanwhile the New X-Men were 00's kids, the 10's are ending and they are still kids. That's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Rule #1 of Comics: Status Quo is God, and Must Be Worshiped.

The comic community at large hates and fears change.
    I honestly think it's just because a lot and most of these "new" characters are lame. Other than X-23 and Kamala Khan, I can't think of a single new character created within the last 18 years that screams interesting. That's just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The New Mutants (80's kids) turned into young adults by joining X-Force in the 90's
    Gen X (90's kids) turned into young adults by joining the X-Men/X-Factor in the 00's
    Meanwhile the New X-Men were 00's kids, the 10's are ending and they are still kids. That's sad.
    worse. They've merged and blended with all the subsequent classes. Generation Hope, Wolverine and the X-men, Revolution kids, Gen X v2

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I honestly think it's just because a lot and most of these "new" characters are lame. Other than X-23 and Kamala Khan, I can't think of a single new character created within the last 18 years that screams interesting. That's just my opinion though.
    There’s Miles Morales and Ironheart

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Fixed that for you.

There's been considerable call for the New X-Men to ACTUALLY get something to do for a while now. I think it was Panic who even acknowledged it, but then came up with the excuse that more focus on the NXM means less focus for the Claremont/Byrne/Lee Nostalgia. Because apparently it's an either/or situation.
    And then there was Ketchum saying that they could never advance because the school needed students. But there's been a change of guard, so hopefully that's no longer the case.

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    There’s Miles Morales and Ironheart
    Don't care for either of them to be honest. I'm barely a fan of Spidey period, and the Iron Man universe just never appealed to me.