Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I'm not embarrassed to say I like Jumper too. I think it's a good movie that most people dismiss outright.

Have you seen the show Impulse on YouTube? It has the same premise as Jumper but much grittier. I really dug season 1.
    Nah boss...haven't checked out Impulse. I'll check it out now.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Like which one do you like the most?

I've been wanting to check those out but still haven't. I liked to watch Perry Mason.
    Hallmark Movies & Mysteries has a few different series that air in rotation starring Kellie Martin, Candace Cameron, Lori Laughlin and others.

I've seen the Candace Cameron and Lori Loughlin ones so far. I'm assuming the others are basically done in the same style/tone. I'll get to them eventually.

Basically, these movies are comfort TV. The leads are cute, spunky, and pleasant to watch. There's nothing gritty here. Nothing edgy, nobody gets tortured, no real violence. The parents and the kids in the cast actually get along with no bratty, obnoxious teens. Everyone in all the casts is super-likeable. The appeal to these movies is that they are puzzles/whodunnits.

As far as which ones I like the most, I feel that they are all of similar quality, so I like them all the same. Both Candace and Lori are good in their roles. I'm sure Kellie is as well.

The next new Mystery Movie stars Tom Cavanagh from CW's The Flash along with Kimberly Williams-Paisley and Wendie Malick (of Just Shoot Me!). It's called Darrow & Darrow: Body Of The Crime and it airs on Sunday, October 14. The leads star as a team of lawyers, so since you like Perry Mason, this might be a good starting series for you.

As far as the others, they rerun all these movies quite often, so just pick one at random to see if you like that character. Again, this is Hallmark, so we're talking very safe, middle of the road content. Think Aaron Spelling fluff and you can enjoy it.

I find these movies to be a great oasis from most TV dramas that try to out-edgy and out-disturb each other.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 09-05-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Hallmark Movies & Mysteries has a few different series that air in rotation starring Kellie Martin, Candace Cameron, Lori Laughlin and others.

I've seen the Candace Cameron and Lori Loughlin ones so far. I'm assuming the others are basically done in the same style/tone. I'll get to them eventually.

Basically, these movies are comfort TV. The leads are cute, spunky, and pleasant to watch. There's nothing gritty here. Nothing edgy, nobody gets tortured, no real violence. The parents and the kids in the cast actually get along with no bratty, obnoxious teens. Everyone in all the casts is super-likeable. The appeal to these movies is that they are puzzles/whodunnits.

As far as which ones I like the most, I feel that they are all of similar quality, so I like them all the same. Both Candace and Lori are good in their roles. I'm sure Kellie is as well.

The next new Mystery Movie stars Tom Cavanagh from CW's The Flash along with Kimberly Williams-Paisley and Wendie Malick (of Just Shoot Me!). It's called Darrow & Darrow: Body Of The Crime and it airs on Sunday, October 14. The leads star as a team of lawyers, so since you like Perry Mason, this might be a good starting series for you.

As far as the others, they rerun all these movies quite often, so just pick one at random to see if you like that character. Again, this is Hallmark, so we're talking very safe, middle of the road content. Think Aaron Spelling fluff and you can enjoy it.

I find these movies to be a great oasis from most TV dramas that try to out-edgy and out-disturb each other.
    thank you very much. Yeah, these movies are just relaxing and enjoyable enough when I don't want to think or suffer too much with other more edgy dramas haha. I also like many of the locations and just how nice everything looks.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    thank you very much. Yeah, these movies are just relaxing and enjoyable enough when I don't want to think or suffer too much with other more edgy dramas haha. I also like many of the locations and just how nice everything looks.
    I'll say this about Hallmark style movies: they often take place in areas that are not New York or LA and I had no idea how much I'd appreciate that until I noticed it.

Mine is probably Top Cat. It's hardly considered one of the better cartoons, even among Hanna Barbera's catalog, but I'm really fond of the misadventures of TC, Choo Choo, Benny, and the gang.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I'll say this about Hallmark style movies: they often take place in areas that are not New York or LA and I had no idea how much I'd appreciate that until I noticed it.
    I know, right? Some beautiful and natural places. I dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Mine is probably Top Cat. It's hardly considered one of the better cartoons, even among Hanna Barbera's catalog, but I'm really fond of the misadventures of TC, Choo Choo, Benny, and the gang.
    Top Cat was an animated version of The Phil Silvers Show where Phil Silvers played Sergeant Bilko and he and his men would spend their time with various get rich quick schemes. A lot of Top Cat's pals
    were taken almost directly from the TV show. Benny was even voiced by the same actor who played Private Doberman on the TV show. And Top Cat himself was meant to sound like Phil Silvers.

Fantastic Member

DOA the movie

Movie - Howard the Duck

TV Show - DragonBall GT

Astonishing Member

smokey and the bandit 1 2 cannonball run 1 2 the transformers the movie
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Vikings (the show), really enjoying the nice visuals

Old programs like Bewitched for the old fashions in clothes, furniture and their different social attitudes about infidelity and heavy drinking. I find it a breath of fresh air to see these things happen on TV without characters who drink Martinis becoming broken down alcoholics two programs later or tiresome holier than thou attitudes and twisted navel gazing. There was an old I Love Lucy program I saw where it looked as though she had been cheating on her husband and he didn't threaten her with divorce. I find it nice to take a viewing holiday from the modern media world.
    The programs are often not great but there's always a little gem for me. I saw a Dutch mid-century modern chair on I Dream of Jeannie, and I thought , "That chair's a classic now!" Thirty seconds later it was broken! LOL

Incredible Member

Once Upon a Time, season 7

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    DOA the movie
    The video game movie with the actress who plays Joy on "My Name is Earl"? I own that movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    Old programs like Bewitched for the old fashions in clothes, furniture and their different social attitudes about infidelity and heavy drinking. I find it a breath of fresh air to see these things happen on TV without characters who drink Martinis becoming broken down alcoholics two programs later or tiresome holier than thou attitudes and twisted navel gazing. There was an old I Love Lucy program I saw where it looked as though she had been cheating on her husband and he didn't threaten her with divorce. I find it nice to take a viewing holiday from the modern media world.
    The programs are often not great but there's always a little gem for me. I saw a Dutch mid-century modern chair on I Dream of Jeannie, and I thought , "That chair's a classic now!" Thirty seconds later it was broken! LOL
    Watched an episode of WKRP last night where Mr. Carlson's wife is pregnant so to celebrate he and his wife drank champagne. It's fun to see all the big hair, and not just on the women. And I forgot that women of that era
    wore dresses down to their ankles, considering only a decade earlier above the knee was the fashion, as it is right now.