Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default What is your guilty pleasure in show and movies?

One of my guilty pleasures are Hallmark Channel movies lol, especially Christmas ones.

It's just easy and sugary and it always has a mostly happy ending. It's comfort TV.

The original Charmed was a guilty pleasure of mine. Magic, really hot girls, it was definitely turn-off-your-brain comfort tv.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Probably most former daytime soap operas

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Chicago PD.

Hank Voight holding it down.

I only watch it occasionally and all at once. Very over the top crazy. Lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    One of my guilty pleasures are Hallmark Channel movies lol, especially Christmas ones.

It's just easy and sugary and it always has a mostly happy ending. It's comfort TV.
    Those can be weirdly entertaining if you're in the right frame of mind. I watched one random one on Netflix last time I was sick. I was actually surprised they only mentioned Jesus three times in the whole flick and it wasn't even overt.

For me at my age my guilty pleasure is probably Power Rangers. I don't watch every season but generally only go for the ones where the fanbase consensus is generally good.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The Smurfs. (The original cartoon, not the CGI abomination.) I still buy the collections whenever I find one I don't have.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

TV: Old school cop shows like Dragnet and anthology shows like The Outer Limits and The Twilight Zone.

Movies: Monster movies, especially classics like King Kong, Godzilla and those “big bug” flicks from the 1950’s.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Old game shows. Amazon Prime has a bunch available now. Watching 70s shows I grew up with like Password Plus, Match Game, and just discovered What's My Line, which I'm now also devouring on YouTube.

The Batman & Robin movie. It is just so terribly bad and campy and such a wrong headed approach to Batman that I revel in how awful it is. And George Clooney is sooooo handsome.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The Batman & Robin movie. It is just so terribly bad and campy and such a wrong headed approach to Batman that I revel in how awful it is. And George Clooney is sooooo handsome.
    Same. I always loved it for its cheesiness.

Incredible Member

The Power Rangers. Any of them, Tv series and movies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I thought Clooney was outrageously miscast so I actually never watched it. Clooney is not a bad actor, IMO, but a very bad fit for that character.

and the trailers made it look like they were trying to out-camp Adam West Batman and had a full-on nuclear melt-down of camp on the way there. I can enjoy the old Adam West Batman... but that looked like too much.

even so... I think I've watched almost every episode of "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". the first two seasons are actually quite well done... but after that it's become something of a guilty pleasure for me.

the other one is "Miraculous Ladybug". I've seen over half of the episodes in the original French. and although it's egregiously formulaic approach to storytelling has improved... it's still awfully predictable and has shamefully bad puns all over the place it's still fun. some of the super villains are laugh-out-loud ridiculous... sometimes it's fun to see what bizarre villain will show up next. it's also got one of the funniest Street Fighter parodies I've ever seen.

Old comedy shows like "who's the boss", "step by step" and that kind of ****. (80's, 90's)

Total Divas. I started watching it as the idea of a wrestler's life always sounded weird to me plus it's also seeing women in a very male-testosterone environment so I thought it could make for an interesting show. Then I turned it on, it's no different to any other reality show where it's clearly faked and the attempts to manufacture drama are pathetic. However I keep watching it...
    Last edited by jump; 08-30-2018 at 04:49 AM.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

While it's right on the line of "Guilty Pleasure"/"Legitimately Enjoy", Mama's Family.