Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Movie - Howard the Duck
    Lea Thompson in that movie was among the hottest human beings in the history of hotness.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Watched an episode of WKRP last night where Mr. Carlson's wife is pregnant so to celebrate he and his wife drank champagne. It's fun to see all the big hair, and not just on the women. And I forgot that women of that era
    wore dresses down to their ankles, considering only a decade earlier above the knee was the fashion, as it is right now.
    WKRP is my favorite sitcom of all time. My most prized DVD is the complete series set with the music restored.

The original DUNE film by David Lynch

I dig it. It seems many think it's bad and boring, but I find it interesting and I love some of the visuals, the actors and the awesome score.

I know it's not a film for everyone, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    One of my guilty pleasures are Hallmark Channel movies lol, especially Christmas ones.

It's just easy and sugary and it always has a mostly happy ending. It's comfort TV.
    My wife is obsessed with these during the holidays. I figured out the "gimmick" to these shows after a while. Basically they're all the same.

99.9% of them revolve around a white, successful, highly educated women that are fit, moderately attractive(6 or 7's). Usually in her late 20's/early 30's who was so busy with her fantastic career that she never had time for love.

Then during the holiday season FATE throws her into the path of a ruggedly handsome Adonis that recently became single (usually widower & always accompanied by a precocious 9 yr old with an advance vocabulary). The male heavily implied romantic lead is always a gallant, highly-ethical business owner who shyly knows exactly what she needs to be happy.

Then BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, Christian undertones, Christmas-stuff, true love springs eternal! Wash, rinse, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The original Charmed was a guilty pleasure of mine. Magic, really hot girls, it was definitely turn-off-your-brain comfort tv.
    You say "turn off your brain", but a friend of mine had a Charmed Witches vs Marvel or DC in Rumbles and that thread went on for 40 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Power Rangers was for awhile, but I sort of lost interest.
    Isn't that that the case with everyone who watched it?

Everytime one of these threads comes up I have the same answer.

Movie: Only The strong.. the movie uses the most ineffective Martial art for actual fighting and based a movie around it. Though as a art watching two people do it together is quite lovely but to actually fight someone it's silly. Anyway it's like a C mpvie and I love it. Banana way banana way come on.

Tv: Smallville, my favorite TV show despite me being aware of some of its glaring faults. I have watched it through atleast once a year since it ended.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Movies: Fantasy or Science Fiction from the 1930's thru 50's. So terribly corny. Except Metropolis. That one actually surprised and impressed me.

TV: Forever Knight. I've never been one for vampire shows or cop shows for that matter and God knows the special effects during season one were abysmal... But I really got caught up in the drama and personalities of the characters. Also the old Candid Camera with Alan Funt as host. It was silly fun. Much better than shows that tried to copy it where most of the material was just watching people get physically hurt and you were supposed to laugh for some reason.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Everytime one of these threads comes up I have the same answer.

Movie: Only The strong.. the movie uses the most ineffective Martial art for actual fighting and based a movie around it. Though as a art watching two people do it together is quite lovely but to actually fight someone it's silly. Anyway it's like a C mpvie and I love it. Banana way banana way come on.
    Another Mark Dacascos fan here. OTS is a great time for the reasons you mentioned. As good or better is Drive, Mark's 1997 movie with Kadeem Hardison and Brittany Murphy (RIP).

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Another Mark Dacascos fan here. OTS is a great time for the reasons you mentioned. As good or better is Drive, Mark's 1997 movie with Kadeem Hardison and Brittany Murphy (RIP).
    Never seen that gonna have to check it out love Dacascos. Him and Jason Scott Lee were some of my favorite actors. Too bad they careers didnt end up bigger. But both guys stay busy. Both of them were on Hawaii 5-0

While I will likely be informing the choir that church is one Sunday...

If you were involved in the last three posts and have not seen the film Brotherhood Of The Wolf, you might want to look into checking it out.

^Yes, BOTW is a fine film, indeed! It had a (short) theatrical run here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Never seen that gonna have to check it out love Dacascos. Him and Jason Scott Lee were some of my favorite actors. Too bad they careers didnt end up bigger. But both guys stay busy. Both of them were on Hawaii 5-0
    Unfortunately, Jason's career peaked early on. While I enjoy Dragon for its drama and action, it's not an accurate account of Bruce Lee's life. Jason's roles in Russell Mulcahy's Tale of the Mummy and then Soldier (with Kurt Russell and Gary Busey) didn't further his marketability. He's in the upcoming live-action Mulan, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Unfortunately, Jason's career peaked early on. While I enjoy Dragon for its drama and action, it's not an accurate account of Bruce Lee's life. Jason's roles in Russell Mulcahy's Tale of the Mummy and then Soldier (with Kurt Russell and Gary Busey) didn't further his marketability. He's in the upcoming live-action Mulan, though.
    As someone of polynesian decent. Hes in a movie called rapa nui. And I think thats what made me like him so nuch. Weirdly enough I think Jason's half hawsiian. But alot of the actors in the movie are Hispanic not polynesian. Esai Morales is in it lol

Love Botw
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-02-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Does Robotech count? Or is it considered geek cool.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I and a family member really like Robotech. The 'transformer' ships were awesome at the time. Used to have a model of Fokker's.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)