Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Total Divas. I started watching it as the idea of wrestlers life always sounded weird to me plus it's also seeing women in a very male-testosterone environment so I though it could make an interesting show. Then I turned it on and it's no different to any other reality shows where it's clearly faked and the attempts to manufacture drama are pathetic. However I keep watching it...
    Funny enough, I found myself watching a lot of Total Divas.

And Love and Hip-Hop.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The Batman & Robin movie. It is just so terribly bad and campy and such a wrong headed approach to Batman that I revel in how awful it is. And George Clooney is sooooo handsome.
    The preceding film, Batman Forever (with Val Kilmer wearing the cape and cowl) was just as campy, especially with Jim Carrey hamming it up big time as the Riddler, but I tolerate that, even like it to a degree more than Batman & Robin which I've only watched once when it came out in theaters and barely got through it then.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Total Divas. I started watching it as the idea of wrestlers life always sounded weird to me plus it's also seeing women in a very male-testosterone environment so I though it could make an interesting show. Then I turned it on and it's no different to any other reality shows where it's clearly faked and the attempts to manufacture drama are pathetic. However I keep watching it...
    I watched a couple of episodes of Total Divas. It was cool to see a different side to guys like John Cena and Daniel Bryan. It also gave me Renee Young in a bikini so the show is doing God's work.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The preceding film, Batman Forever (with Val Kilmer wearing the cape and cowl) was just as campy, especially with Jim Carrey hamming it up big time as the Riddler, but I tolerate that, even like it to a degree more than Batman & Robin which I've only watched once when it came out in theaters and barely got through it then.
    I always find it weird that out of all of the Burton-Schumacher films Batman Forever is arguably the only one film that focuses on Batman. The others were largely focussed on the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I watched a couple of episodes of Total Divas. It was cool to see a different side to guys like John Cena and Daniel Bryan. It also gave me Renee Young in a bikini so the show is doing God's work.
    I do remember my girlfriend actually becoming very invested in Daniel Bryan as a person/character despite not being a wrestling fan at all. The stuff about his concussion and retirement actually got a tear out of her when he made his retirement speech. She was also a fan of Brie Bella as she's a lefty-hippie veggie too.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, the problem with Batman & Robin wasn't that it was bad (people can sit through a bad movie, and even find things to enjoy in it), it's that is was so boring. I've never walked out of a movie, but that was the closest I've ever come.

Astonishing Member

Ninjago - the current one running is very well plotted and despite being little Lego dudes, the action sequences are good. The characters are well developed. Like much better than the DC movies, except for WW. In fact, the Lego DC movies are much better as entertainment than the cinematic ones.

Was at back in the day it was GLOW wrestling (not the Net Flicks tv show).

Power Rangers was for awhile, but I sort of lost interest.

On the movie aide of things I'm pretty much a sucker for most of those teen movies from the John Hughs era all the wzyvto the more recent stuff. From Breakfast Club to Scream andcebeything in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Ninjago - the current one running is very well plotted and despite being little Lego dudes, the action sequences are good. The characters are well developed. Like much better than the DC movies, except for WW. In fact, the Lego DC movies are much better as entertainment than the cinematic ones.
    I was watching the Lego Batman movie the other day.. nope, it was too cheesy and kiddie for me. I did appreciate seeing so much about the DC lore not just Batman, but it bored me for the most part. I guess it depends what you like for entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I thought Clooney was outrageously miscast so I actually never watched it. Clooney is not a bad actor, IMO, but a very bad fit for that character.

and the trailers made it look like they were trying to out-camp Adam West Batman and had a full-on nuclear melt-down of camp on the way there. I can enjoy the old Adam West Batman... but that looked like too much.
    I sort of had the opposite reaction. Clooney made the perfect Bruce Wayne. He was much more believable as someone who could pull off the handsome, lazy, womanizing billionaire and was much smoother than Keaton or Bale.
    Perhaps Affleck, but we never really saw him being Bruce Wayne much. Batman isn't just Batman. He is also Bruce Wayne. Given better writing he would have made the perfect Bruce Wayne and maybe Batman too
    given a better costume. I could see Clooney as Bruce Wayne and Batman in Batman 1989 and Batman Returns because Clooney can do serious too. He isn't limited to comedy roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Yeah, the problem with Batman & Robin wasn't that it was bad (people can sit through a bad movie, and even find things to enjoy in it), it's that is was so boring. I've never walked out of a movie, but that was the closest I've ever come.
    I had the same reaction to Batman Forever. In fact I tried watching it recently on Netflix and couldn't get halfway through it. But I don't really find much boring about Batman & Robin. If anything, too much is going on.
    It's like the actors should have all been giving Ritalin before the filming started.

Anything to do with Tiffany "New York" Pollard. Also the DC CW-verse stuff. I don't feel any kind of guilt about either of the two things, but looking up the definition of guilty pleasure, it seems like it has less to do with any perceived guilt on behalf of the viewer and more so with how society would label the content. High art the two are not.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I had the same reaction to Batman Forever. In fact I tried watching it recently on Netflix and couldn't get halfway through it. But I don't really find much boring about Batman & Robin. If anything, too much is going on.
    It's like the actors should have all been giving Ritalin before the filming started.
    I just realized I have all the pre-Nolan Batman movies (someone gave them to me). I'm not a huge Batman fan so I've watched them all probably just once, and Batman Forever is the only one I remember absolutely nothing about aside from who was in it.

Movies:
    Jumper
    Clash & Wrath of the Titans
    The Day After Tomorrow
    Legion
    Event Horizon
    GI Joe and GI Joe Retaliation
    F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer

TV:
    Las Vegas
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Mighty Member

Most of Stephen Sommers's films....loved Van Helsing. And Pride and Prejudice with Zombles.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    Most of Stephen Sommers's films....loved Van Helsing. And Pride and Prejudice with Zombles.
    As a fan of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, that movie was fun. It was dumb, and even the title makes me laugh, but it was fun. Though I wish Lydia had got eaten by Zombies.(that grammar doesn't sound right)

Guilty Pleasure?
    Silly comedies. Like Space Jam, the Mighty Ducks Trilogy (3rd is my favorite), Little Giants, and the 3 Ninjas movies.

TV series? Uh, maybe Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog? Think Power Rangers, but set in Medieval Times. And instead of Zordon, you have the Fae.