Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Love 80's Slasher Films, Zombie Movies, Schlock Action Movies (Looking at you Cannon Films), & Howard the Duck these are things I guess some people would look down on personally I don't get "Guilty" Pleasures heck in the 90's my comics would had been considered one now they're biggest money makers in Cinema not my fault others haven't caught on how awesome of this stuff is so no Guilt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Love 80's Slasher Films, Zombie Movies, Schlock Action Movies (Looking at you Cannon Films), & Howard the Duck these are things I guess some people would look down on personally I don't get "Guilty" Pleasures heck in the 90's my comics would had been considered one now they're biggest money makers in Cinema not my fault others haven't caught on how awesome of this stuff is so no Guilt.
    While Chuck Norris was already ascending in Hollywood, it could be argued that Cannon turned him into an international superstar after a slew of films under their banner like The Delta Force, Invasion USA and Missing In Action just to name a few.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Movies:
    The Room (So Bad, It's Good category)
    Daredevil 2003
    Waterboy (One of the Best Adam Sandler films)

TV Shows:
    Animaniacs
    Masha and Bear
    Regular Show
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    As a fan of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, that movie was fun. It was dumb, and even the title makes me laugh, but it was fun. Though I wish Lydia had got eaten by Zombies.(that grammar doesn't sound right)
    I read the book for the first three chapters and enjoyed it..... but then I thought "this might be even funnier if I read the original".

started the original and loved it so much I actually forgot about the zombie remake.

you could always use words like "consumed", "devoured", "dispatched", or "ingested" ;-)

BANNED

what is a guilty pleasure?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Oxford dictionary:

guilt·y pleas·ure
    [guilty pleasure]
    NOUN
    guilty pleasures (plural noun)
    something, such as a movie, television program, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.
    "everybody has a guilty pleasure—for me, it has to be mid 70s disco" · "the average disaster movie falls into the 'guilty pleasure' category"

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

TV:

Charmed(at least until Billie and her sister show up)
    Grimm
    The Bold & the Beautiful
    Pro wrestling

Movies:

Ghostbusters II
    Howard the Duck
    Man of Steel

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Oxford dictionary:

guilt·y pleas·ure
    [guilty pleasure]
    NOUN
    guilty pleasures (plural noun)
    something, such as a movie, television program, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.
    "everybody has a guilty pleasure—for me, it has to be mid 70s disco" · "the average disaster movie falls into the 'guilty pleasure' category"
    Basically anything you are ashamed to admit that you like to your friends or even to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    One of my guilty pleasures are Hallmark Channel movies lol, especially Christmas ones.

It's just easy and sugary and it always has a mostly happy ending. It's comfort TV.
    I don't watch their Christmas moves, but I do like the mystery movie series they have on the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Channel. It's never tough to figure out whodunnit, but they're fun, light, and non-violent. Not quite in the Murder, She Wrote or Columbo standard, but definitely watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Movies:
    The Room (So Bad, It's Good category)
    Daredevil 2003
    Waterboy (One of the Best Adam Sandler films)

TV Shows:
    Animaniacs
    Masha and Bear
    Regular Show
    I thought Animaniacs was quite universally liked? So I don't know if it would be considered a guilty pleasure.

I've always seen a guilty pleasure as something you honestly like (and not ironically) even though it's objectively dumb, cheesy, or straight up bad. It's sort of like your favorite fast food: you know it's not at all good for you and if you consumed it in large quantities you'd have serious health issues, but it pushes your bliss button so hard that you just have to have a little here and there as a treat.

One of my movies is the first Mortal Kombat film. It's arguably still one of the better video game adapted movies out there (which is a damning with faint praise situation), but as a straight up film it's kinda meh. But the fight scenes and the SOUNDTRACK rock my socks so hard I could probably write most of the screenplay from memory if I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I thought Animaniacs was quite universally liked? So I don't know if it would be considered a guilty pleasure.
    Yeah, Animaniacs is just plain great. It's a clever well-done show with an astounding amount of talent behind it and I think it's still considered one of the best pure comedy cartoons ever made.

I have an affinity for trashy romantic comedies. There are few genres that are more formulaic than the rom com. Sometimes there's a comfort in watching a movie when I know more or less the full direction it's going to go in.

If I think a woman in a movie is hot, I'll watch it regardless of the quality. If there's a scene in a movie that turns me on, I'll watch it regardless of the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    If I think a woman in a movie is hot, I'll watch it regardless of the quality. If there's a scene in a movie that turns me on, I'll watch it regardless of the quality.
    If there is heavy or semi-heavy focus on romance in any type of movie/tv show, I'll probably watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I have an affinity for trashy romantic comedies. There are few genres that are more formulaic than the rom com. Sometimes there's a comfort in watching a movie when I know more or less the full direction it's going to go in.
    It's not very often, but every once in a while I do get in the mood for one of these becauese...

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    If there is heavy or semi-heavy focus on romance in any type of movie/tv show, I'll probably watch it.
    ...I am an absolute sucker for romance stories sometimes.