Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Unuscione famously uses a green psionic energy field to tactically manipulate things, even making 'hand' shapes often. A telekinetic of Hellion's caliber shouldn't need hands at all really. As for Triage, didn't he revive people from death? I think he can regenerate hands.
    Why would he be able to regrow limbs just because he can bring people back to life?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why would he be able to regrow limbs just because he can bring people back to life?
    That's a more advanced feat that regeneration, I'd say.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Unuscione famously uses a green psionic energy field to tactically manipulate things, even making 'hand' shapes often. A telekinetic of Hellion's caliber shouldn't need hands at all really. As for Triage, didn't he revive people from death? I think he can regenerate hands.
    Jean is a stronger telekinetic than Hellion and she still uses her hands.

Unuscione has completely different powers from Hellion.

That's a more advanced feat that regeneration, I'd say.
    His powers have been described as more like reanimation.

Jean is a stronger telekinetic than Hellion and she still uses her hands.

Unuscione has completely different powers from Hellion.
    Unuscione's power is ultimately psionic, even if it is a more specific one. I'm just saying Hellion could shape his teke field into hands instead of using the metal ones. Jean has her hands intact, but if she didn't do you think she'd lug around metal ones? Mind over matter, come on.

His powers have been described as more like reanimation.
    I've seen it described as manipulating life force energy. So why can't he stimulate the stem cells in Hellion's body, super charge them with extra life force, and let them regenerate his lost limbs. It's all stored in the biomorphic field, anyways. That's how salamanders do it. I think it could be done.

I'm still not sure why no one's had Elixir fix Hellion's hands and Karma's leg yet. The maim-the-B-listers era was so lame.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm still not sure why no one's had Elixir fix Hellion's hands and Karma's leg yet. The maim-the-B-listers era was so lame.
    Exactly, let's not act like this was some well thought out plot point. They were just going heavy on the gore in that arc. It's over. Let Karma and Hellion get their bodies back!

I've seen it described as manipulating life force energy. So why can't he stimulate the stem cells in Hellion's body, super charge them with extra life force, and let them regenerate his lost limbs. It's all stored in the biomorphic field, anyways. That's how salamanders do it. I think it could be done.
    Maybe it's more complicated than touching someone and bringing them to life? Most mutant powers don't have a whole lot of science in their applications.

Unuscione's power is ultimately psionic, even if it is a more specific one. I'm just saying Hellion could shape his teke field into hands instead of using the metal ones. Jean has her hands intact, but if she didn't do you think she'd lug around metal ones? Mind over matter, come on.
    We don't know if Hellion is capable of shaping his fields into more complex shapes. Not to mention maintaining telekinetic hands 24/7 could be rather exhausting. Especially if he has to use his TK for something else at the same time.

I think most writers just don't understand enough science to use these powers to their full potential, hence the characters don't either. I thought they lived at a school, though?

I honestly don't even care enough about Hellion to justify all this writing. Whatever, let him stay maimed.

So I have some old designs I did for Mercury, Surge and Armor.

I'll spend some time this weekend reworking them and post them. Then I'll work on Dust, Elixir and Hellion.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Why didn't the New Mutants new costumes last?

Attachment 70119
    Better taste intervened. Hard to remember that Liefeld’s New Mutants/X-Force makeover was a leap FORWARD in its day.
    6EA474E5-9615-410B-8867-67D718B0C09C.jpg
    D1173EE1-4B31-418C-8226-8AC3009408E6.jpg

Why hasn't someone just regrown Hellion's hands yet? Between Triage and Elixir, that should have been dealt with a long time ago. It doens't even make sense for a telekinetic to need prosthetic hands anyways. Take a page from Unuscione and just tk it if the healers won't help.
    Hellion and Elixir haven't been in the same room since Elixir killed Wither and left the X-men, before Hellion lost his hands.
    Elixir has died a few times since then and is now part of Magneto's Brotherhood.

Triage's powers seem to be a nebulous "healing" energy that he can use to heal wounds or bring people back to life. I don't think we've seen him grow back something as complicated as a limb, one time when he brought someone back to life he could only bring him back as a zombie.