Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Flash delayed? Lost another director(s)?

John reports that the actress playing Iris West claims Flash is on hold and implies there's a new director change in the works. At about 12:00 in the following

https://youtu.be/ET9nVoJh3P8

I agree with John that it makes sense to look at how at least Aquaman and Shazam do before moving full speed ahead on new projects other than Wonder Woman.

The movie seems cursed, the impression I'm getting is they don't know what to do with it. At this point the hardest thing is how to do the movie differently to the shows which has been so well received.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

My theory is (and he says it was one of the ideas at about the 11:50 mark) is that they wanted to use the Flash movie to soft reboot the entire DCU (Flashpoint) leaving WW virtually unchanged of course. But now they want to see how Shazam and Aquaman does to determine if that's even necessary. Instead of a reboot, soft or otherwise, to change the dark tone, just...change the tone. No need to re-invent the wheel here.

Maybe the idea (and I'm spitballing here) is a low-key copying of the events that lead to Avengers 1 i.e. multiple solo movies leading to one teamup movie, i.e. what should have been done all along. Aquaman will basically be movie #1, Shazam #2, WW'84 #3, and then whatever 4-6 will be before finally...Justice League 2. Flash will probably fit in there as movie #5 or #6 now.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    John reports that the actress playing Iris West claims Flash is on hold and implies there's a new director change in the works. At about 12:00 in the following

https://youtu.be/ET9nVoJh3P8

I agree with John that it makes sense to look at how at least Aquaman and Shazam do before moving full speed ahead on new projects other than Wonder Woman.
    I think Campea is blowing out of proportion a few comments an actress playing a side character made after being ambushed by a reporter. But then that is Campea's usual click bait style.
    And of course people are going to run with that and post a multitude of articles as if this is a fact and proof WB doesn't know what they are doing. Never mind that WB has said nothing
    at all about a new director.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    The movie seems cursed, the impression I'm getting is they don't know what to do with it. At this point the hardest thing is how to do the movie differently to the shows which has been so well received.
    I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I rest my case.
    You're having a laugh if you think Flash with it's constant state of hiring and firing of directors is a good sign.

Niffleheim

I think Campea is blowing out of proportion a few comments an actress playing a side character made after being ambushed by a reporter. But then that is Campea's usual click bait style.
    And of course people are going to run with that and post a multitude of articles as if this is a fact and proof WB doesn't know what they are doing. Never mind that WB has said nothing
    at all about a new director.
    Does this seem to be out of the realm of possibility? How many directors has The Flash gone through?
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-30-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Does this seem to be out of the realm of possibility? How many directors has The Flash gone through?
    With those previous directors there was never any start date announced. Now we have a start filming date, February 2019, and John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein and Ezra Miller are excited to start production.

"
    But now that the Game Night directors have been secured, it seems like progress has steadily moved forward. Even star Ezra Miller seems to be excited about the project, and he has recently met with the directors to speak about the tone of the movie.
    "I met them recently," Miller said at Wizard World Philadelphia. "They're really, really, really cool guys. I really like their work a lot, and I think they're really great.
    "

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/08/03/...-filming-2019/

So what do we have to counter that? Some random and ambiguous comment by an actress playing a side character that some random video blogger let his imagination run wild with?

Show me something independent of Campea or people leaching off his video and I will believe you. Otherwise I am just going to chalk it up to click bait nonsense.

With those previous directors there was never any start date announced. Now we have a start filming date, February 2019, and John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein and Ezra Miller are excited to start production.

" "

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/08/03/...-filming-2019/

So what do we have to counter that? Some random and ambiguous comment by an actress playing a side character that some random video blogger let his imagination run wild with?

Show me something independent of Campea or people leaching off his video and I will believe you. Otherwise I am just going to chalk it up to click bait nonsense.
    Until filming starts I don't believe anything the WB says about their DC films and even than I'm suspicious.

Some random and ambiguous comment by an actress playing a side character
    Are you talking about Kiersey Clemons? You making it sounds liked she playing nameless pedestrian #4 rather than the leading actress who is gonna have a lot of scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    Are you talking about Kiersey Clemons? You making it sounds liked she playing nameless pedestrian #4 rather than the leading actress who is gonna have a lot of scenes.
    What does Ezra Miller have to say about it? Or the directors, John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein. They would be more believable for me.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Is the studio still trying to adapt Flashpoint? I can see that being the main problem as there's no way the story can work as a standalone. Audiences need to be invested in the universe and characters to give a crap about the chances which DCEU has yet to earn.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Is the studio still trying to adapt Flashpoint? I can see that being the main problem as there's no way the story can work as a standalone. Audiences need to be invested in the universe and characters to give a crap about the chances which DCEU has yet to earn.
    I get the idea that WB/DC is going with more stand alone movies. So even if it is a Flashpoint movie we probably won't see characters like Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman in it.
    And it probably won't have any effect on any other movie. At most it will end up being like the Flashpoint story on the Flash TV show, where the rest of the TV shows, Arrow, Supergirl,
    Legends of Tomorrow went on their merry way with no mention of it on them other than changing the gender of Diggle's child, something said in passing and never really brought up again.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    My theory is (and he says it was one of the ideas at about the 11:50 mark) is that they wanted to use the Flash movie to soft reboot the entire DCU (Flashpoint) leaving WW virtually unchanged of course. But now they want to see how Shazam and Aquaman does to determine if that's even necessary. Instead of a reboot, soft or otherwise, to change the dark tone, just...change the tone. No need to re-invent the wheel here.

Maybe the idea (and I'm spitballing here) is a low-key copying of the events that lead to Avengers 1 i.e. multiple solo movies leading to one teamup movie, i.e. what should have been done all along. Aquaman will basically be movie #1, Shazam #2, WW'84 #3, and then whatever 4-6 will be before finally...Justice League 2. Flash will probably fit in there as movie #5 or #6 now.
    I had heard that they still plan to undo some of the least popular stuff, like Superman killing Zod, but the popular stuff, like WW, gets to stay. This would be an interesting opportunity to ditch Affleck and replace him with a younger Batman. Which, I imagine, is probably still in the works. They know they screwed up their movie universe and want a clean slate and the grimdark stuff isn't being nearly as well received as they had hoped.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

What does Ezra Miller have to say about it? Or the directors, John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein. They would be more believable for me.
    The male lead is more believable to you than the female lead? That's some interesting logic. And no, I'm not accusing anyone of sexism.