Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The male lead is more believable to you than the female lead? That's some interesting logic. And no, I'm not accusing anyone of sexism.
    Only because he is working more closely with the directors, his character being what the movie is all about. Just like I would trust something Gal Gadot says about Wonder Woman 1984
    more than I would trust something said by Chris Pine. Or something Margot Robbie says about Birds of Prey more than something Lady Gaga says. And I would think the director(s)
    would be the most reliable source. More reliable than the actors. If John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein had been fired I think we would have heard about it before and in
    a more official way from one of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Only because he is working more closely with the directors, his character being what the movie is all about. Just like I would trust something Gal Gadot says about Wonder Woman 1984
    more than I would trust something said by Chris Pine. Or something Margot Robbie says about Birds of Prey more than something Lady Gaga says. And I would think the director(s)
    would be the most reliable source. More reliable than the actors. If John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein had been fired I think we would have heard about it before and in
    I would think it was from the directors, at least second hand, that a lead actor was told her schedule is open for a good long while.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I think there's a few elements at play here.

First, I think WB is hedging its bets on how well Aquaman performs in December. If it bombs (and I'm not hopeful at this point that it won't), then I think Shazam and Wonder Woman 1984 will be it for the current iteration of the DCCU. I suspect Wonder Woman will be fine, but Shazam may also fare poorly at the box office.

Second, WB may be trying to determine if Ezra Miller is strong enough to carry a film on his own, especially one that is likely to yield a higher budget. That's probably why they've waffled on to move forward with Flashpoint or to just do a standalone, origin-type movie. On one hand, Flashpoint carries with it a lot of superhero firepower but also a higher budget and more risk for failure. On the other hand, a standalone film will probably cost less but also yield less at the box office.

But the bottom line is it hinges on Aquaman, IMO. If Aquaman turns out to be a huge hit then I think WB moves forward with the DCCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Both the directors and actors don't actually have a say in when the movie will be released/when production starts, that's dictated to by the studio and the movie producers.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

What is interesting is that only 9 days before an article came out that the Flash movie was supposed to finish filming by the end of May 2019.
    And was supposed to start filming on February 5th 2019. So what happened in not much more than a week from that article to the Campea video?

Omega Underground recently revealed that filming on the Flash movie would be taking place at Warner Bros. Studios in Leavesden, England.
    Our pals at DiscussingFilm also added that they’re eyeing a February 5th production start and could be filming some of the movie in Atlanta, as a secondary stateside location.
    Well, Omega Underground can now add that the studio is expecting to have everything wrapped up by next May.
    https://thegww.com/wbs-flash-movie-i...g-by-next-may/

Well looks like the Director of IT is doing it now and Miller says hes still on board.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

They need to just recast and start from scratch with with Flash. The movie Flash was a bastardized mismash of Barry and Wally anyway leaning heavy on the Wally. Recast Miller and age Barry up a little and actually make him a scientist like he is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    They need to just recast and start from scratch with with Flash. The movie Flash was a bastardized mismash of Barry and Wally anyway leaning heavy on the Wally. Recast Miller and age Barry up a little and actually make him a scientist like he is supposed to be.
    I think Justin Hartlet who once played Green arrow and is now of this is us. Would be perfect for Barry.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Well looks like the Director of IT is doing it now and Miller says hes still on board.
    Were you happy with Ezra miller? I thought he was the worst cast on the JL movie....not to mention his running mechanics are awkward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Were you happy with Ezra miller? I thought he was the worst cast on the JL movie....not to mention his running mechanics are awkward.
    I thought he was the only good casting of JL apart from Gal Godot

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I thought he was the only good casting of JL apart from Gal Godot
    Maybe I am missing something? I thought his portrayal was more wally west/peter parker than Barry allen...and once again physically doesn't understand how to run(I have no clue why not). Finding a new actor and script would benefit this movie...but for the most part Dc doesn't know what it is doing anyway when it comes to live action.

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    Maybe I am missing something? I thought his portrayal was more wally west/peter parker than Barry allen...and once again physically doesn't understand how to run(I have no clue why not). Finding a new actor and script would benefit this movie...but for the most part Dc doesn't know what it is doing anyway when it comes to live action.
    As BARRY Allen he is as opposite as you can get. So yes not good in that regard but he was probaly the most charming person in that movie. Ans that's saying alot since Jason Mamoas charm and some spectacle willed his moive over 1b. But yea I'd prefer a more accurate Barry but I'd be a hypocrite if i didnt give him a chance. I mean I loved Mamoa as Aquaman and hes nothing like the character. If Ezra starts running in a way that doesnt look silly AND tones down the Solcial Akwardness that titters on Autism. I think he could make a good movie. Hes charming enough. Actually if they dont wanna tone it down lean into it and just make it official that Flash is on the spectrum. That could be intersting

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    As BARRY Allen he is as opposite as you can get. So yes not good in that regard but he was probaly the most charming person in that movie. Ans that's saying alot since Jason Mamoas charm and some spectacle willed his moive over 1b. But yea I'd prefer a more accurate Barry but I'd be a hypocrite if i didnt give him a chance. I mean I loved Mamoa as Aquaman and hes nothing like the character. If Ezra starts running in a way that doesnt look silly AND tones down the Solcial Akwardness that titters on Autism. I think he could make a good movie. Hes charming enough. Actually if they dont wanna tone it down lean into it and just make it official that Flash is on the spectrum. That could be intersting
    Thats just it I don't think he can tone down the awkwardness...he plays that role in all of his roles...not much range. His demeanor speaks to a villain much more than a hero.