Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Full trailer Monday. Tickets on sale Monday also.

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...final-trailer/

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLea...tm_term=dl4ev4

i am too old for this sh*t...
    nothing original here. ripping of bespin and and zahn. minus talon karrde ofc
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

There's been a few more shots released. One is a bunch of TIEs heading toward what looks like an iceberg; and what appears to be a massive Resistance/Rebel fleet, including what could possibly be The Ghost from Rebels or a ship of a similar class (The Ghost showed up in Rogue One as well). Also the Falcon's classic dish is definetly back. Also what appears to be a Hammerhead corvette, an original trilogy style Frigate and an U-wing, and possibly other Disney-canon ships
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-21-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Star wars has beat endgame pre ticket sales in less then a hour!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/22/star...irst-hour.html

The possible return of Sidious, Rey vs Kylo, Sith Troopers, The Knights of Ren. Feels like at least half of this should have been what episode 8 was about. It just seems like so much to cram into a 2.5 hour movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    The possible return of Sidious, Rey vs Kylo, Sith Troopers, The Knights of Ren. Feels like at least half of this should have been what episode 8 was about. It just seems like so much to cram into a 2.5 hour movie.

When C-3PO talks about looking at his friends one last time? Other than R2 and Chewie, who the heck is he talking about? And that is the problem with this trilogy. It all feels so unearned.

THE CONCLUSION TO THE SKYWALKER SAGA....except it's not because we all know that ended a long time ago.

ALL NEW CHARACTERS THAT YOU WILL LOVE......not because we put any work into them, but because it's Star Wars.

ALL THE OLD FAVORITES RETURN....to be written horribly.

NOW OWNED BY DISNEY.....who apparently didn't have a plan mapped out ahead of time for their billion dollar franchise or did have a plan that was thrown out in the second movie depending on who you believe.

I just don't understand why this trilogy exist. Whatever hopes Disney had of continuing the adventures of these characters are over. The only breakout character they have is the dude who killed Han Solo and they can't rehabilitate him. They missed their chance with Finn and Poe, and you get the feeling that Disney likes the idea of Rey more than Daisy Ridley's portrayal of the character.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Rey and co. appear to be riding alien horses in outer space. I get that there is probably an explanation for this and there is a lot of surrealist imagery in this trailer, but those elements don't really feel like Star Wars.

Also, I can't help but think the logic behind this scene was; scene with horses at full gallop = epic.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Rey and co. appear to be riding alien horses in outer space. I get that there is probably an explanation for this and there is a lot of surrealist imagery in this trailer, but those elements don't really feel like Star Wars.

Also, I can't help but think the logic behind this scene was; scene with horses at full gallop = epic.
    They are riding horses in outer space on top of a space ship.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    They are riding horses in outer space on top of a space ship.
    Yeah, but there isn't air outside the ship and little gravity to tether them to the hull too. I'm sure the movie will provide an explanation though, and as I said, its really it matches some of the other surrealist imagery in the trailer, but this is already being used to criticize and mock the film.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Mighty Member

Yeah, but there isn't air outside the ship and little gravity to tether them to the hull too. I'm sure the movie will provide an explanation though, and as I said, its really it matches some of the other surrealist imagery in the trailer, but this is already being used to criticize and mock the film.
    This ship is presumably launching from a planetoid with atmosphere and gravity, however. So not really a valid nitpick.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    This ship is presumably launching from a planetoid with atmosphere and gravity, however. So not really a valid nitpick.
    Try standing on top off a moving train sometime, then tell us that we are being overly nitpicky about riding a horse on top of spaceship launching from a planetoid.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-22-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Star Wars IS science fantasy, after all. Otherwise the lightsaber would set your own clothes and flesh on fire when you ignited it based on the temperatures needed to do what we have seen them do on screen.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Star Wars IS science fantasy, after all. Otherwise the lightsaber would set your own clothes and flesh on fire when you ignited it based on the temperatures needed to do what we have seen them do on screen.
    Yeah, albeit a science fantasy that has established Jedi having to use a mixture of mask + force powers to fight on the hull of a spaceship, so you would hope dudes on horseback has an explanation of some kind.