Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    There's an interesting theory that Darth Plagueis' secret to immortality is that he infects or possesses the body of anyone who 'kills' him. So when Palpatine killed his master he was actually infected, and this is why he's obsessed with training a Jedi apprentice who can strike him down.

It's kind of out there, I'm not sure they'd ever do it, but it would tie a lot of things up and explain what Palpatine (or rather, Plagueis inside him) would have gained by having Luke strike him down. Because Palpatine never seemed like the kind of guy who was so devoted to the Dark Side as a cause that he was willing to sacrifice his own life just to corrupt Luke.
    But that would mean he died with Vader.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    But that would mean he died with Vader.
    There's another part of the theory I neglected to mention. Snoke, tracking down ancient Sith artifacts, encountered Plagueis/Palpatine's ghost in the Death Star ruins. According to the theory, Snoke wasn't caught by surprise in TLJ, but intentionally provoked Kylo to kill him so as to possess another Skywalker.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    There's another part of the theory I neglected to mention. Snoke, tracking down ancient Sith artifacts, encountered Plagueis/Palpatine's ghost in the Death Star ruins. According to the theory, Snoke wasn't caught by surprise in TLJ, but intentionally provoked Kylo to kill him so as to possess another Skywalker.
    Okay but it still means he died with Vader because he had no body that turned to the Darkside to hop into.

Otherwise, the plot of Kylo committing seppuku to finish off Palpatine once and for all makes no sense. He'll just wait around, haunting another area and never be gone.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Okay but it still means he died with Vader because he had no body that turned to the Darkside to hop into.

Otherwise, the plot of Kylo committing seppuku to finish off Palpatine once and for all makes no sense. He'll just wait around, haunting another area and never be gone.
    Well, it's unlikely to happen anyway. It's just a theory. But if they chose to go that route, Plagueis could inhabit the body of a survivor from the Death Star until need be. Or they could come up with an explanation as to why he can't tether his spirit anymore.

So a small element of Colin Tremmorow's version of Episode 9 has made it's way to the theme park:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/star-w...row-episode-ix
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So Lucasfilm/Disney has revealed a new variant Stormtrooper, the Sith Trooper (seen on those poster leaks a few months ago) Basically a First Order version painted red but with also some other touch ups to it's armor.

https://www.starwars.com/news/sith-t...lker-sdcc-2019

With Palpatine possibly back, curious what role the Sith play in the film apart from that.

The name is interesting enough. Originally the word was the Knights of Ren were a replacement for the Sith concept; dark side users but not of the literal Sith religion. With the name--and Palpatine--both coming back, it seems more and more likely that the Knights of Ren were just another smokescreen for the Sith to return. I mean, it would be a vintage Darth Sidious move. Maneuver from the shadows, using already established hierarchies against each other, then rise up.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The new red First Order Stormtroopers are called ... Sith Troopers.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-18-2019 at 10:11 AM.

And looks like they are pulling the same "trick you in the trailer stunt" they did in the last film trailers.

spoilers:
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08...-dark-side-rey

Rey turning evil. You mean like rey joining kylo in the last jedi trailer. Don't believe it for a second. Heck it could be a dream that lasts one scene. Plus would they spoil that in a teaser?

It's not like star wars was the only ones to try to trick you in trailers. Optimus is the main bad guy in last knight trailers comes to mind. He was like that for what 5 min?

On the other hand a retelling of dark empire with rey in lukes spot could be a neat story. This has a dark empire type feel to it.

end of spoilers
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-25-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Keri Russel has said that her character has a past with Poe. Former love interest perhaps? (Isaac and Russel are close in age) Perhaps a former Republic pilot who had to shift to bounty hunting when the main Republic was wiped out?

BANNED

Actually looks interesting

Dark Empire but with Rey in Luke's place!?

Color me excited!

Needed a gif:

doesn´t look like a flashback imho
    but hey b-wings! i am sold!

no seriously, evil forces are so ridiculously overwhelming, i think they ll go bat shitcrazy with in universe storytelling.

i thought TLJ space battles had frigates, not those hilarious bombers...
    i ll be waiting and watching (maybe even the movie!)
    Last edited by abulafia; 08-26-2019 at 04:21 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.