Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    IMO the leaked plot doesn't seem too bad to me. I didn't like Last Jedi and thought Force Awakens was fine, and this also feels fine. Not ambitious or interesting, but not harmful either. I guess that's the difference between the two directors, safe and boring or ambitious and controversial.
    Which leak? Because there is like 5 and all are different.

You have:

spoilers:
    - Rey is the clone/granddaughter of Palpatine and Kylo gets redeemed only to die at the hands of a reborn Emperor. Rey kills Palps for good and makes a legacy saber out of all the Skywalker saber parts. She then takes the name Skywalker as her own.

- Rey finds out she is a clone of Palpatine and was intended to be the new vessel for the Emperor's soul. Snoke was a clone of the Emperor that he resided in and when Ben killed him, he went into Ben. She goes to kill herself with a Sith dagger but Kylo takes the dagger and kills himself with the Emperor's soul trapped in him. She names the Force users, the Skywalkers.

- Rey finds out she is Palpatine's second attempt at creating a virginance in the Force. He reveals that he is Darth Plagueis but has transferred his soul many times over. He intended to do that with the Skywalkers but Anakin was too good and Luke failed to fall. Ben was corrupted by his decaying clone Snoke that he resided in. Ben turns on the Knights of Ren when he finds this out. Rey give him Leia's saber that she gave her. Leia told Rey to give it to him "when he finds the good in him" Palps siphons their force energy to be reborn and tosses Kylo off a cliff to his death. A flashback/Force dream is shown, revealing Plagueis as a woman that looks like Rey, mowing down Jedi after Jedi. Rey begins losing her soul to Palps. All the Force ghosts return, including Leia, Gin, Obi, & Yoda, and supercharge Rey to defeat the Emperor for good. But Luke, Anakin, and Leia are lost for good, too. The rest seem to survive. She makes a gold legacy saber out of all the Skywalker sabers on Tatooine after building a shrine to Anakin, Luke, and Leia. A local asks her name and she says, "Rey Skywalker." CREDITS ROLL!

-Rey finds out she is the grandaughter of Obi-wan. Luke reveals he fell in love with a Force-sensitive Mando at the ruins of the DSII and reveals he is her father. She meets her mother as Kylo has been tasked by the ghost of Vader to kill her on Endor moon where she lives, protecting a relic. Kylo kills her and takes the Sith dagger. She turns to the darkside and sees her future, but rejects it. Kylo is conflicted to see her so easily use and turn away the dark. Ghost Vader is revealed to be Palps, who also used Snoke to turn Ben. Kylo gets redeemed after killing the Knights of Ren only for Palps to toss him down a pit to his death. Rey kills Palps for good with the help of Anakin, Luke, Leia, and Ben super charging her, causing them to be lost forever. She makes a legacy saber out of all the Skywalker saber parts, calls her self Rey Skywalker, and starts a new religion called Skywalkers on Tatooine.
    end of spoilers

There's a 5th but it sounds stupid.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I still have no idea what the hell this new trilogy is about
    Neither Disney has a clue. It's just a glorified cash grab, with no plan or vision.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Pretty much all the plot rumors/summaries were inaccurate up to the week of release. I remember one that was pretty much an attempt to destroy Snoke's "horcruxes", and another that ends with Kylo going light and Rey going dark, and Luke and the newly redeemed Ben at the end of the movie setting out in the Falcon to find and save Rey (That actually doesn't sound too bad....)

People were pretty much surprised when it leaked close to release and learned there was the whole force projection thing/Snoke, Luke, Phasma dies/Leia flying etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

None of those sound completely awful. A sticking point with me will still be Palpatine's return and if it hurts Anakin's arc. More than anything else though, while I didn't outright hate TLJ, no matter what its going to be seen as an extreme out-of-place outlier in this trilogy, one that really doesn't move anything forward between VII and IX. A "plan" has been grossly exaggerated by fans but even from just a general, soft outline point of view, TLJ is very much off-script of the general outline the first and third films look to take. I do fault them in that regard. But not for not having the entire thing mapped out from the word go. That's just not how it works, regardless of studio.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Which leak? Because there is like 5 and all are different.

spoilers:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLea...medium=ios_app

The one where its basically they are after Palpatene, they find some mcguffin bs(Abrams speciality)(the wayfinder?),Kylo helps her defeat him, the others fight off the empire, they all go to tattonie and Abrams tries to cash in on the emotional nostalgia of the two suns from a new hope.

It's not great by any means, but it feels like Abrams, b.s. mcguffin, cashing in on nostalga(palps, lando, two suns) and reminds me the most of FA. And it least it's not lets make luke and han the bad guy and kill them, although I guess they ran out of people they could do that too.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

The whole thing sounds like a mess to me honestly.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Pretty much all the plot rumors/summaries were inaccurate up to the week of release. I remember one that was pretty much an attempt to destroy Snoke's "horcruxes", and another that ends with Kylo going light and Rey going dark, and Luke and the newly redeemed Ben at the end of the movie setting out in the Falcon to find and save Rey (That actually doesn't sound too bad....)

People were pretty much surprised when it leaked close to release and learned there was the whole force projection thing/Snoke, Luke, Phasma dies/Leia flying etc.
    I recall the big rumor going into TFA was that Luke had turned to the Dark Side. So always taking them with a grain of salt. But I really think there's some kind of truth to the concept that Palpatine is looking for a powerful Force user as a vessel for his soul. That would connect a lot of dots, from the Darth Plagueis monologue in ROTS to the whole 'strike me down' thing in ROTJ.

All that said, I was totally convinced that Luke was going to start the grey Jedi in TLJ...

spoilers:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLea...medium=ios_app

The one where its basically they are after Palpatene, they find some mcguffin bs(Abrams speciality)(the wayfinder?),Kylo helps her defeat him, the others fight off the empire, they all go to tattonie and Abrams tries to cash in on the emotional nostalgia of the two suns from a new hope.

It's not great by any means, but it feels like Abrams, b.s. mcguffin, cashing in on nostalga(palps, lando, two suns) and reminds me the most of FA. And it least it's not lets make luke and han the bad guy and kill them, although I guess they ran out of people they could do that too.
    end of spoilers
    Well the reddit leakers have been 1/47 since TFA for big releases like Star Wars and Marvel. And that was the dumb one I didn't fee like typing up.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I recall the big rumor going into TFA was that Luke had turned to the Dark Side. So always taking them with a grain of salt. But I really think there's some kind of truth to the concept that Palpatine is looking for a powerful Force user as a vessel for his soul. That would connect a lot of dots, from the Darth Plagueis monologue in ROTS to the whole 'strike me down' thing in ROTJ.

All that said, I was totally convinced that Luke was going to start the grey Jedi in TLJ...
    There's been theories/rumors that Rey will be doing just that with a new religion of Force users, using the Skywalker name.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-31-2019 at 09:43 AM.

There's be theories/rumors that Rey will be doing just that with a new religion of Force users, using the Skywalker name.
    To me, that's been the most logical outcome since Lucas revealed that the Jedi Order was incredibly dogmatic and at least partially responsible for its own decline.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    To me, that's been the most logical outcome since Lucas revealed that the Jedi Order was incredibly dogmatic and at least partially responsible for its own decline.
    Luke believed as much as well.

Which is why I really like Old Man crotchety Luke in TLJ. To me, that's what Luke would be like after all that poodoo he went through.

Luke believed as much as well.

Which is why I really like Old Man crotchety Luke in TLJ. To me, that's what Luke would be like after all that poodoo he went through.
    I liked him up to a point, I just wish he'd been more actively involved in resisting the First Order and creating a new Jedi religion. I think we could have gotten the best of crotchety old Luke without giving off the impression that he'd given up. I get what they were going for but it failed for me on that level.

It would have been glorious to see Luke actively fighting the First Order using methods and Force abilities the Jedi wouldn't have considered.

Does anyone else think calling it Rise of Skywalker is trying to appease fans who were upset with what they did with Luke in TLJ? I didn't like what they did with him, but this backpedaling feels so desperate and undermines any choices they already made.

The name change and inclusion of palpatine and lando feels like they're trying to have their cake and eat it to. Its like two steps forward, one step back or however that expression goes.

I just wish this was the last star wars. I don't want any more trilogies after this. Let it die, do something else. Go make a different sci-fi/fantasy trilogy. I feel this way with GOT and LOTR too.

iMan 42s

I don’t think it’s really backpedaling when you’ve got people wanting to see more of some characters and we lost an actor and got two willing to come back.

The trilogy did mean to touch on the older heroes and there was a want to see Lando again. Maybe they got him because Carrie Fisher passed but it’s regardless a good call.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I just wish this was the last star wars. I don't want any more trilogies after this. Let it die, do something else. Go make a different sci-fi/fantasy trilogy.
    I wouldn't go that far. I do agree that they need to move beyond the OT-era (just not in the dismissive way the sequel trilogy went about it) but if Old Republic era Star Wars (or EU/Legends in general) taught me anything, is that there are plenty of great stories you can tell in this universe without having to constantly mine the OT.

The Nolan trilogy was good, but that doesn't mean that I never want another Batman-related thing ever again.