Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Try standing on top off a moving train sometime, then tell us that we are being overly nitpicky about riding a horse on top of spaceship launching from a planetoid.
    Try traveling through hyperspace, maneuvering your x-wing like it's in atmosphere even in the depths of space, or just turn on any lightsaber you happen to have laying around and then you can tell me how Star Wars is all about that realism.

You're crying over this? Really?

Ewoks had space horses as far back as the 80s. They has space bulls also! Strange people are getting upset about something that's been in star wars for over 30 years!

1:16 Hey look it's a space horse! (of course this ones not as cool as the other horses as it doesn't get to run on real spaceships!)

Here is a space bull!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-22-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It looks like the horses are in a flight hanger to me...

I think it's an upper atmosphere, not necessarily space. We also see part of a battle in daylight with the Destroyers in the other trailers.

Although the old EU and the OT didn't have Star Destroyers in atmospheres, Lucas had their PT equivalents do that, and the Disney films pretty much followed this, especially with Rogue one and Solo.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Try standing on top off a moving train sometime, then tell us that we are being overly nitpicky about riding a horse on top of spaceship launching from a planetoid.
    In Battlefront 2 you fight on-top of a Star destroyer that's moving and in combat while the bad guys use jetpacks. Neither side had a problem.

You're just being nitpicky.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Try traveling through hyperspace, maneuvering your x-wing like it's in atmosphere even in the depths of space, or just turn on any lightsaber you happen to have laying around and then you can tell me how Star Wars is all about that realism.

You're crying over this? Really?
    The Wahhhhbulance seems to have pulled up to your house. I think it's funny.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

not that it wasnīt obvious, but DS2 finally confirmed with the shot of the throne room.
    the scene were rey&kylo strike at the dark figure(vader) together seems more like a dream sequenz. the background kinda looks like bespin all nice white and shiney.

we get a look at the emperorīs hood even. he appears to be sitting on a throne and to me it appears to be moving.
    maybe some neimodian device we know from TPM and labyrinth of evil?

i never liked the idea of capital ships entering (or leaving) the atmosphere. sadly, AoTC established it.
    now we have a giant submerged fleet of SD rising...

like i guessed earlier there are EU elements found. a hidden, mysterious fleet ->katana-fleet. maybe even remote controlled like the katana-fleet.
    rag-tag fleet we had in han and lando novels as well as the talon karrde outlaw alliance in zahnīs books.
    and possible clone reey, like luuke in last comand.

i think weird **** will be happening.

3po scene seems like it is just before he gets his eyes turned red.
    maybe they turn him into some kind of battle mainframe computer and his identity will be destroyed in the process, hence he says "one last time"
    Last edited by abulafia; 10-22-2019 at 09:04 AM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I think it's an upper atmosphere, not necessarily space. We also see part of a battle in daylight with the Destroyers in the other trailers.
    Angry joe points out the star destroyer is just above water. You can see the water in the back so they are not in space.

the scene were rey&kylo strike at the dark figure(vader) together seems more like a dream sequenz. the background kinda looks like bespin all nice white and shiney.
    People thinks it's just rey attacking it as kylo really doesn't hit it. It's just rey. Kylo may have been fighting rey and she broke it. And yes it could be a dream.

but why bespin? when the teaser for trailer came out, my first reaction was, that the space iceberg looks like the bespin approach.
    now the interior gives that more food imho

and what people think that?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I just want to know why Rey is holding a vibroblade or metal dagger in the fight with Kylo that destroys the shrine to Vader.

Also, it is inside a FO ship.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-22-2019 at 10:25 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I just want to know why Rey is holding a vibroblade or metal dagger in the fight with Kylo that destroys the shrine to Vader.

Also, it is inside a FO ship.
    doesnīt look like none of the FO ship interiors we have seen so far to me. more like tantive 4 or bespin.
    is that picture from the trailer? where is her lightsabre?

but yes, looks like a dagger. didnīt notice that while first watching. no idea why she would use one.
    i also wonder what that thing behind them is or if it has any purpose.
    Last edited by abulafia; 10-22-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Yeah, albeit a science fantasy that has established Jedi having to use a mixture of mask + force powers to fight on the hull of a spaceship, so you would hope dudes on horseback has an explanation of some kind.
    Any explanation isn't going to be in a trailer, though.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by abulafia View Post
    doesnīt look like none of the FO ship interiors we have seen so far to me. more like tantive 4 or bespin.
    is that picture from the trailer? where is her lightsabre?

but yes, looks like a dagger. didnīt notice that while first watching. no idea why she would use one.
    i also wonder what that thing behind them is or if it has any purpose.
    There's another shot of the ship, it's a FO ship. Empire had some shots along with Kylo trying to stop something blue in a hanger.

Her lightsaber is behind her back after swinging through.

And the rumors are (before the trailer dropped) that a Sith dagger was going to be a MacGuffin. Rumor is that a super Force Ghost Luke returns to turn the tide towards Rey in her fight against Cloned Palps, Kylo, clone Rey, and a tormented Vader/Anakin soul in the dagger via a distraction. Leia also dies but her Force ghost helps show Rey that what she's doing is the right thing to do in the climax.

And Knights of Ren shot, just because.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

just who are the knights of ren anyway?

Still unclear. They've mostly been spotted on the desert planet location in press photos and filming stuff.

I'm kind of wondering where the rest of the FO stuff is apart from that shot of them attacking the Stormtroopers. Sure, we see some of the TIE fighters that appear to be theres, but did Holdo screw up their more modern-looking fleet so badly they have to dig up old Star Destroyers? Also no sign of Hux and the new villain played by Richard Grant, or the Sith Troopers.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth