Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    iMan 42s

The fleet probably belongs to Palpatine since I can't imagine him being in particularly great shape and had to make with what he had in terms of their navy. I wouldn't be surprised if he had to work through acolytes in order for this to work.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There's another shot of the ship, it's a FO ship. Empire had some shots along with Kylo trying to stop something blue in a hanger.

Her lightsaber is behind her back after swinging through.

And the rumors are (before the trailer dropped) that a Sith dagger was going to be a MacGuffin. Rumor is that a super Force Ghost Luke returns to turn the tide towards Rey in her fight against Cloned Palps, Kylo, clone Rey, and a tormented Vader/Anakin soul in the dagger via a distraction. Leia also dies but her Force ghost helps show Rey that what she's doing is the right thing to do in the climax.

And Knights of Ren shot, just because.
    that so horrible that it will probably dead on happen. so the skywalker lightsaber is now a magic jedi lightsaber i guess. if the sith have a magic device why canīt the jedi have one? and it would explain it "calling" rey. i hate it.
    and while we are at being crazy, "rey" means king in spanish, right? that must factor into palps plans somehow!

"i cannot interfere..." sigh

so now we are in for an by all means over the top finish. i hated endgame by the way. cram every **** into it. endgame atleast had a great build up with infinity war and all the other movies.
    now RoS will have to reform the alliance, introduce new and old characters, have a raiders of the lost ark agenda, visit tons of planets, wrap up the force mysteries, put down palps for good and god nows what else.
    i donīt believe that will work. it will be a visually stunning clusterfuck.

they basically wasted the middle part of the trilogy with meaningless rehashing.
    TFA should not have had that planet sized super weapon. introduce the new characters was ok. but build us the FO! let them scheme, let them sabotage the new republic and crush them while they argue amongst themselves.
    2nd movie start the reformation of the alliance, introduce the knights of ren, macguffin yadayada.
    now you can have a proper final confrontation in the final film. you know with stakes for the characters. not some established unbeatable rey.

you are right, the lightpanels from the hangar match these from the rey&kylo in the white room. if it is a dream sequence, the thing behind them might even be a vader recreation chamber. since all is amped up with pure white
    Last edited by abulafia; 10-22-2019 at 03:27 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Still unclear. They've mostly been spotted on the desert planet location in press photos and filming stuff.

I'm kind of wondering where the rest of the FO stuff is apart from that shot of them attacking the Stormtroopers. Sure, we see some of the TIE fighters that appear to be theres, but did Holdo screw up their more modern-looking fleet so badly they have to dig up old Star Destroyers? Also no sign of Hux and the new villain played by Richard Grant, or the Sith Troopers.
    i guess the opening montage of the trailer is rey doing her indiana jones thing while going after the macguffin. after she has it, they will move into the desert section of that planet and she makes the tie jump and the sith jetpack troopers chase the guys. then there will be plenty of planets when they assemble their rag tag fleet before going to endor.
    the iceberg approach, could that be bespin frozen in gas? where they recruit lando? drives me nuts.
    Last edited by abulafia; 10-22-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There's another shot of the ship, it's a FO ship. Empire had some shots along with Kylo trying to stop something blue in a hanger.

The blue glow is the ion drive of the Falcon (or at least a ship, but probably the Falcon) as it burns out of a hangar. Fleeing Kylo and the First Order.

The white area does seem to have the typical "imperial lightning" but usually the corridors have gray or blueish paint. Rebel ships usually have the white corridors.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

So they're upgrading Star Tours, but also revealed that the planet with the plains,ocean, and Death Star wreckage is actually "Kel Bir", not Endor. I guess it could be in the same system? If not how did the wreckage get there? Hyperspace? Drifting?

Another possibility is that maybe it was renamed, or maybe we've had the name wrong the whole time-the forest moon is never really called Endor technically, just "The nearby forest moon of Endor" (meaning it orbits a planet Endor, presumabely a gas giant) or "The sanctuary moon".

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So they're upgrading Star Tours, but also revealed that the planet with the plains,ocean, and Death Star wreckage is actually "Kel Bir", not Endor. I guess it could be in the same system? If not how did the wreckage get there? Hyperspace? Drifting?

Another possibility is that maybe it was renamed, or maybe we've had the name wrong the whole time-the forest moon is never really called Endor technically, just "The nearby forest moon of Endor" (meaning it orbits a planet Endor, presumabely a gas giant) or "The sanctuary moon".
    Could be, Endor was never actually the name of the moon and canonically it was never given one.

Kylo Ren #2's listing seems to clear up what happened to the rest of Luke's students, at least in the description (I also put a thread on this, feel free to merge if redundant).

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I still have no idea what the hell this new trilogy is about

IMO the leaked plot doesn't seem too bad to me. I didn't like Last Jedi and thought Force Awakens was fine, and this also feels fine. Not ambitious or interesting, but not harmful either. I guess that's the difference between the two directors, safe and boring or ambitious and controversial.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Fallout of Episodes 1-6 (mostly ROTJ) with the legacy characters dealing with the universe as a result of the heroes and villains actions. It's pretty much about the legacy and dealing with the ramifications of what happened at Endor.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    TFA: Luke has a secret plan!
    TLJ: There was no plan.
    ROS: It was all part of the plan!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Fallout of Episodes 1-6 (mostly ROTJ) with the legacy characters dealing with the universe as a result of the heroes and villains actions. It's pretty much about the legacy and dealing with the ramifications of what happened at Endor.
    Swap out Endor with Jedi purge and you could basically say the exact same thing for the OT.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Swap out Endor with Jedi purge and you could basically say the exact same thing for the OT.
    Being that Star Wars is episodic in the form of trilogies, yeah that's completely accurate.

The prequels are literally about how Palpatine rose to power and how Anakin Skywalker fell.
    The OT is the fallout of basically everything culminating in ROTS
    The sequels are about both trilogies heroes and villains actions in a post-Endor world with the old and new guys having to pick up the pieces.

Sure they are sequels to the original trilogy so of course it's going to build off of that. The sequels are the legacy of the actions committed by the heroes and villains and its effects on the new, old, and surviving heroes and villains.

With Palpatine returning I guess it might be that Rey/Ren/Snoke/First Order were Palpatine's plan B or something. Granted, we've seen a plan B in some of the new Disney EU which was basically a kind of scorched earth approach (Operation Cinder) so maybe Plan C.