Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I haven't really enjoyed the last two so I probably won't see it until it hits my local cinema pub(it's Star Wars, even bad I gotta watch it) but I'm glad it's enjoyable for others. I mean, if it really did poorly as some dissatisfied fans seem to hope that could mean no more Star Wars which would mean no more hope of future films like Rogue One, or Shows like the Mandalorian, Rebels or the Clone Wars.
    Given positive reaction to The Mandalorian (and the upcoming Obi-Wan show) I think Disney+ is the future of the franchise. And that will be good, I think. They'll move in and out of these corners of the SW universe that aren't as controversial. And that will be easier now that the Saga is going out on a satisfactory or at least inoffensive note for most diehard fans.

And eventually the Rian Johnson trilogy, which should be really good and not as divisive since it won't be dealing with older characters.
    Last edited by David Walton; 12-20-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Going back to my OP, looks like the second one was way off (The Hutt thing) but the first & third were .....sort of...right.

Also the earlier speculation about some return of Palpatine turned out to be sort of accurate, although I'm not sure how Matt Smith wound up in there. Maybe if Ian wasn't up to it?
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-20-2019 at 07:47 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Regarding objects across force bonds, this was kind of established in TLJ-Kylo gets some of Ach-to's water on his hand during the second link; although this has also been speculated to also be from his tears, looks like it's the former more likely.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Regarding objects across force bonds, this was kind of established in TLJ-Kylo gets some of Ach-to's water on his hand during the second link; although this has also been speculated to also be from his tears, looks like it's the former more likely.
    that reminded me of the movie "jumper". must be a nod to hayden christensen!
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

To clarify my earlier spoiler-free review I felt this movie was more about undoing the "damage" caused by the previous movie. I suppose if TLJ was too different than ROS was too formulaic. Perhaps the trilogy would have been more coherent if JJ had directed all three movies as things stand it seems a bit sloppy to me.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    To clarify my earlier spoiler-free review I felt this movie was more about undoing the "damage" caused by the previous movie. I suppose if TLJ was too different than ROS was too formulaic. Perhaps the trilogy would have been more coherent if JJ had directed all three movies as things stand it seems a bit sloppy to me.
    Going on other forums, I can see why the people that like TLJ hated it, just like the people that loved TFA hated TLJ. Both movies pretty much threw story beats from the previous movies away. ("Now you know how it feels, TLJ Lovers!!!")

I think they just should have made it 10 movies to get everything in. The fact that it had negative critic reviews was a plus for me seeing it--if they were going to "fix" things, they needed to do a lot of work

Ultimate Member

spoilers:
    I wonder what Dave Filoni feels about JJ so casually implying that Ahsoka and Ezra are both dead?
    end of spoilers

Well everyone, I saw the premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker last night (even drove an hour out of town in the pouring rain to boot) and...can we just say the Star Wars saga really ended with Return Of The Jedi? Here's my complete review of the film.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker review: A visual wonder that lacks a soul
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well everyone, I saw the premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker last night (even drove an hour out of town in the pouring rain to boot) and...can we just say the Star Wars saga really ended with Return Of The Jedi? Here's my complete review of the film.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker review: A visual wonder that lacks a soul
    I'm down for that.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

ten chars. wrong thread
    Last edited by abulafia; 12-20-2019 at 05:05 PM.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.