Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Episode 9 plot details? (Spoilers/grain of salt etc.)

Probably not all that legit, and probably be taken with a grain of salt....

-Leia sends Rey, Poe, Finn and co. to attempt to reform the resistance by looking for allies and recruits.

-She also tries to form a sort of unlikely alliance with the Hutts, but they're obviously not too pleased about what she did to Jabba...especially since one of the Hutts is his son Rotta from the Clone Wars movie.

-Turns out Kylo's new Empire isn't so bad on the surface, but apparently there's a super-secret underwater base where the First Order is up to no good.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

An underwater death star?

(Benny boy hates dolphins)

Why not, i kinda like the Hutt part. Sounds pretty desperate and, well, considering the rebellion is almost wiped they do are desperate. Plus eh, can't have the last episode of a trilogy who mimics the original without some Hutt, now can you?

(don't be too surprised if during the last big battle our heroes find help in the most unlikely of creatures)

BANNED

I'm not expecting there to be one iota of truth in these rumours.

Where that come from anyway?

Honestly it sounds like too big a role for Leia, realistically. There's only so much unused footage they have of Fisher from the previous films to inject in; and even then there will be limits based on the contents of said footage in regards to what the role can be. By very nature of what they're going to have to do, her role simply cannot be that big.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The underwater base has been rumored before.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that ends up true.

Same with the Second Order seeming not that bad on the surface.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

An Underwater Death Star was actually seen in some concept art for TFA, showing the throne room and also trench turbolaser towers.

However, it's implied to be the wreck of the Death Star II, possibly on Endor, with Rey for some reason swimming down into the ruins, possibly scavenging them like we see with the destroyer in TFA....and it's pretty clear it's non-functional.

https://i.redd.it/23wbkcqto69z.jpg

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm not expecting there to be one iota of truth in these rumours.
    I'm usually that way, but the Hutt element and seeking aid from shady sources feels dead on to me given the way the last film ended.

Leia's reputation with the Hutts is also brought up a few times in some of the recent EU. It's not unheard of for Star Wars EU (Probably via direction from Lucasfilm) to drop a few hints about developments in upcoming films, even during the Lucas days; for instance, some of the novels around 2001 or so bring up the various organizations that form the Seperatists later on ("Cloak of Deception" I think, which was a prequel novel explaining how Palpatine got the Naboo blockade running and also started to weaken Valorum).

If true and that's a big if these "spoilers" sound strange to me simply because with rebuilding the rebellion sounds more like the start of a trilogy not the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    If true and that's a big if these "spoilers" sound strange to me simply because with rebuilding the rebellion sounds more like the start of a trilogy not the ending.
    That's not really strange with the way the last film ended....I mean it's not even speculation it's a necessity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    That's not really strange with the way the last film ended....I mean it's not even speculation it's a necessity.
    If the Rebellion would indeed form an alliance with a bunch of slavers, then Leia would be pretty much the least qualified person in the universe to go and try to pull that off, and not just because of Jabba.

Ultimate Member

I don't know about these rumors but in the last few years, about 98% of the rumors that leak tend to be true.

Depending on which dark corner of the internet one is lurking, a lot of big movies plot points like Avengers Infinity War, The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Batman vs Superman have leaked and have been quite accurate.

So, i'll just take a wait and see approach here. The underwater base thing sounds kind of interesting.

If the Rebellion would indeed form an alliance with a bunch of slavers, then Leia would be pretty much the least qualified person in the universe to go and try to pull that off, and not just because of Jabba.
    Her father would roll over in his grave.

I don't imagine leia is much involved in the plot of the next movie so no worries there.