Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    This. Exactly. I was really excited for this book until I realized who was in it. I really don't get it. The classic horror characters weren't even being used. Perfect opportunity to revive them, and we got this instead. Bought the first issue and dropped it. I would love to see these characters brought back to prominence.
    The Universal monsters have always been the best. There is no substitute for the big three. Frankenstein, Dracula and the Wolfman. They had a cool version of Frankenstein on the Hulk Agents of Smash animated show. He could fire his hand that was connected to a chain. Throw a long range punch or ensnare an opponent with the chain.

Werewolf by Night and Tomb of Dracula had long successful runs. The Monster of Frankenstein not as successful but he was portrayed in the Legion of the Unliving in the Avengers.

One shots every Halloween would be cool. Legion of Monsters, Legion of the Unliving, Night Shift. I'd buy all three.

Astonishing Member

The Marvel Monsters are great.
    The monster of Frankenstein (Cool to see people not calling him Frankenstein as i see sometimes),Dracula.Mummy,Doctor Voodoo,Wolfman to say a few are characters that ever since the 70īs gave the marvel stories even more story potential that they had.
    Plus itīs way cool to see Marvel super heroes interacting with those characters.
    Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D was the most recent comic book that i remember featuring some of the Marvel Horror characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I agree. Classic Dracula is by far and away the best.
    I remember jocking about the new Drácula look when it was announced, that this Dracula looked more like Kain from the Legacy of Kain videogames that Dracula.
    Itīs a quite a change,especially considerating that not much time before this there was a great story arc with Dracula in his classic look in the Captain Britain and MI13 comic book.

I wonder if a marvel monsters shared universe would work. So far universal studios hasn't been able to pull it off. But they don't have Blade, Ghost Rider, or Mephisto. I'm not saying that all of them need solo films though. But characters like Morbius or Moon Knight could be charming enough if written correctly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    The Universal monsters have always been the best. There is no substitute for the big three. Frankenstein, Dracula and the Wolfman. They had a cool version of Frankenstein on the Hulk Agents of Smash animated show. He could fire his hand that was connected to a chain. Throw a long range punch or ensnare an opponent with the chain.

Werewolf by Night and Tomb of Dracula had long successful runs. The Monster of Frankenstein not as successful but he was portrayed in the Legion of the Unliving in the Avengers.
    It's strange how Frankenstein doesn't seem to work with Marvel considering he's just such a Marvel character. Characters like the Hulk and the Thing owe a lot to the Frankenstein monster. I read his Essential book and loved how he was so similar to the literary version. They kept trying to change him to be more like the movie versions, though. Like taking away his ability to talk,

The one I never really got into was Dracula, actually. But then, I only read Essential Tomb of Dracula vol. 1, and that was pre-Wolfman for the most part. Maybe the series only got really good after Marv Wolfman was on it for a little while.

View Post
    This. Exactly. I was really excited for this book until I realized who was in it
    I was excited when I heard about it. Then I saw the art for it.

Incredible Member

Has anyone here read "Zombies Assemble?"

I'm not normally a fan of zombies or manga (although I love anime) but I just saw it on Longbox of the Damned (WARNING! SPOILERS!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcGUhifOACI

And I thought wow, that looks really cool!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Huge Fan of Dracula and Werewolf by Night.

This may be a better thread to ask than the Blade one... Does anyone know when, where, and why Dracula went from looking like THIS...

Attachment 70207

To looking like THIS?!?

First time I saw it was in the Avengers Assemble cartoon. I was kind of giddy that an actual blood sucking DRACULA was actually in the show... but MAN I didn't understand the style change. Now I see it's been adopted in the comics too. There's just something about this character... that doesn't look, act or feel like classic Dracula. If you told me he was some kind of Hydra Dracula Clone like Bloodstorm one from Nightstalkers, I'd totally believe it.

But yeah, was there ever a change over... or did it just happen and people act like he was always this way now?
    One of the few moments from the Avengers Assemble ! moments that put a smile on my face, was a scene with the Red Skull's Cabal. Sans the Skull, but including the Attuma, Modok, and Dracula. Apparently, even Attuma's table habits were too much for the bloodsucking Lord of the Undead to stand. As Attuma, Warlord of atlantis, shoves another fistful of fish in his mouth. A disgusted Dracula then belts out the line, "They're called utensils. Use them. " Starting brawl before the Skull steps in.

A great article covering Marvel's '70s Horror push.
    Helped me out considerably (in conjunction with Mike's Amazing World) with tracking down issues on Comixology.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Could be one for the Monster/Horror fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Could be one for the Monster/Horror fans?

Al Ewing? I'm in
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

Cool.
    I never read the original stories of the Crypt of Shadows but i am looking forward to this new comic book.
    As much as i like many super hero comic books of Marvel,itīs great that Marvel will publish horror comic books as well.

Even though all the Punisher fans were mad I enjoyed Frankencastle supported by the Legion of Monsters. Marvel is missing an opportunity to catch everyone in the Halloween spirit.

Ewing sells it for me! Can’t wait to check it out!

So is this going to be Marvel's answer to House of Secrets?