Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Given that Rosenberg is on his way to being one of the top three X-Scribes and that Kitty isn't even leading one team in Disassembled, I think Kitty being too big for her own britches is going to be how she's approached from now on.
    I hope it leads to her being phased out as a leader. I never bought the idea that the chain of inheritance didn't include going through the O5 and "giant sized" xmen first before getting to Kitty.

Nightcrawler, or Warren would've been better choices for headmaster. Warren would have his money to back to the school and nightcrawler it would be refreshing to have someone who didn't look normal as the "face" of the Xavier school. Kitty could've lead the Younger mutants on a different team. There are a lot of missed opportunities in the Xbooks.

This looks great! I've been really enjoying Astonishing since they have been putting the new team together.

I think some X-writers are catching on that a lot of readers suffering from 'Kitty-fatigue' and taking advantage of that to write tensions between the X-Men. I'd be happy if she just took a vacation for a while. It would totally work if they had her take some time off after the failed wedding, that wouldn't seem weird and would be an opportunity to get another character as headmaster of the school (I've always thought Beast would be an awesome headmaster).

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I hope it leads to her being phased out as a leader.
    HA!!!
    Nightcrawler, or Warren would've been better choices for headmaster. Warren would have his money to back to the school and nightcrawler it would be refreshing to have someone who didn't look normal as the "face" of the Xavier school.
    I never thought about it like that but it would help with the visibility and normalization of non-human looking mutants. Plus it would fuel the anti-mutant fires having a soulless, maggot-bodied demon as the official face of the X-Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    HA!!!
    I never thought about it like that but it would help with the visibility and normalization of non-human looking mutants. Plus it would fuel the anti-mutant fires having a soulless, maggot-bodied demon as the official face of the X-Men.
    I can't believe that's a thing... Goddess, how far we have fallen!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Yeah, that is pretty awful, who's responsible for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    ... too big for her own britches.
    ... too big for her own britches...
    OMG, thanX for this x2, I hadn't heard that in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    And Moonstar and Pierce loathe each other. This could get interesting.

Ultimate Member

I still get the feeling that this team will raise the alarm about a big threat, be ignored or not believed and called a threat to the plan that Kitty dreams up, and her oversight team either gets this team captured or taken prisoner by the other X-groups or something like that before Alex and Hank and the team turn out to be right and the only ones that can save the day, with maybe a few others...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Nice to see Ali with the long hair again.....wish Sage would join this team
    I agree that Sage would be a great addition to this team. Especially since they have so much brute force, it'd be nice to add a telepath. And I love the fact that her and Ali have history with each other so it'd be great to see them interact again as well.

BANNED

The only writer who gave a damn about Sage was Claremont because she was his creation. No one else wants to touch her. You're lucky we still get Dazzler.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I agree that Sage would be a great addition to this team. Especially since they have so much brute force, it'd be nice to add a telepath. And I love the fact that her and Ali have history with each other so it'd be great to see them interact again as well.
    I'm blanking on a Sage/Dazzler connection....
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm blanking on a Sage/Dazzler connection....
    They were on X-Treme X-Men v2 together. So in truth, no one cares enough.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'm happy Dazzler is finally back on the team but I still have hope another writer will come along who will want to use Sage too. I enjoyed what Greg Pak did with both of them in X-Treme.

They were on X-Treme X-Men v2 together. So in truth, no one cares enough.
    They were also on New Excalibur together although I'd rather forget that series happened.

I'd rather forget Sage happened.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    Haters gonna hate.
    Never liked Sage... but I love Dazzler.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey