Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Hostess snack cakes I presume, as they had several ads with the comic characters in the 1980's.
    I agree with this post.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I would take back all of these things in a heartbeat if it meant comics would go back to the level they were in the 90s compared to now.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While it doesn't take way from the point, is that Feral?

While that stretch is a little foggy, it feels like she turns up later than that issue.

Also, it's that particular artist's work. Doesn't make it easy to tell who I believe that is and Feral apart.
    Hey, you're right. That's actually Wolfsbane. You can tell by the color of her fur, and the fact that Warlock is still alive.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 09-15-2018 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Added more details.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Look at Feral in that group shot.

It makes me realize that every X-Team had their own "savage" character. X-Men had Wolverine, of course. X-Force had Feral. X-Factor had Wolfsbane. Alpha Flight had Wild Child, until he ended up in X-Factor when Wolfsbane left (and then eventually they had Sabretooth, too). Excalibur may have been the exception, but then they briefly added Kylun to the team. I mean... it's like the weirdest diversity hire, isn't it?

But it seems like a lot of other new team books from indy publishers also always had a default Wolverine knock-off on the team, as well.
    Yes, every team had to have, more or less the same list of these four characters:
    The savage animal claw-handed fighter.
    The gun-toting shooter.
    The really huge, strong character.
    The techno computer character.
    There's the usual hodge-podge of others, but nearly every team had a core group of those four. Especially if it was an Image title.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I always hated the "pack-rat" look (as I called it) on the X-Force characters in the 90s, and was never a fan of the bikini/lingerie things. Of course, I'm a gay man, so I may be biased, but I also wouldn't like a bunch of speedo wearing guys either. The only time that was appropriate was if it was a poolside/ocean/swimming thing.

I will say, I do like the jacket look.....Rogue, Jubilee, Superboy, I always thought it was a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I always hated the "pack-rat" look (as I called it) on the X-Force characters in the 90s, and was never a fan of the bikini/lingerie things. Of course, I'm a gay man, so I may be biased, but I also wouldn't like a bunch of speedo wearing guys either. The only time that was appropriate was if it was a poolside/ocean/swimming thing.

I will say, I do like the jacket look.....Rogue, Jubilee, Superboy, I always thought it was a good look.
    I don't mind some pouches - but I better see stuff that comes from those pouches every now and then in order to justify them.

Extraordinary Member

Armor came back with a vengeance with the Nu52 designs. Even Superman got armor for some reason.

Funny thing is during her Batgirl run Stephanie Brown had another utility belt on her thigh that a villain realized was empty. She just liked wearing pouches on her thigh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Even Superman got armor for some reason.
    He does run into people who can depower him, or are just tough enough to beat him up fair and square, with alarming regularity.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

If such armour exists, it throws into question whether Superman should.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    If such armour exists, it throws into question whether Superman should.
    Whether Superman should what? And it was Kryptonian gear, if that matters. Like his trusty indestructible silver age cape.