Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and my sympathies to you too. I didnt realize weapon x was trash as well. are the characterizations unrecognizable there too? is that book soon ending as well? sounds like a celebration is in order.
    The characterization is bad. You have assassins, mercs, and serial killers like Omega Red, Deathstrike, Mystique, Domino, and Sabretooth. Yet Pak manages to try to turn the book into an action comedy. And at one point, ya got Sabretooth not knowing how to hunt or use a keyboard, along with spouting memes & making "Yo mama" jokes. Domino lusts after money 24/7. and talking about robbing banks for a whole arc.

Now Monet is in the book, and there's already flaws.
    #1, She's reset 4 costumes to her X-Factor look.
    #2 Her skin tone is back to changing every other page.
    #3. Greg Pak doesn't know her mother is dead. lol No shock from the same guy who thought Deathstrike was a mutant.

Van Lente is co-writer. In a recent interview, he says he does Weapon X with Greg Pak, but that's ending fairly soon. So either the book is ending. Or just his involvement is ending. I am thinking it's the latter. So it'll continue without him. or if we're lucky, we'll get a new writer all together & Pak will be gone soon. That's a tolerable option lol

I have praised chapters 18 & 22 of the book as pretty good. But my standards have lowered. Neither was great. But pretty good was better than what we'd gotten.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-30-2018 at 11:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    If only OML were here to tell Storm how to use her powers.
    I suppose OML is too busy playing Phoenix Force host to explain to Storm how to use her powers this time around. I guess Kitty is just gonna have to step in and save the day. About par for the course, really...

THOR #5
    JASON AARON (W) • CHRISTIAN WARD (A)
    COVER BY Esad Ribic
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY JAMES HARREN (5 OF 5)
    COSMIC GHOST RIDER VS VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    GET READY FOR KING THOR AND THE PHOENIX, BUB!
    In the far future, All-Father Thor reignited the Earth and sparked new life in the universe. But now, something is wiping out other worlds — and Midgard won’t be far behind. Luckily, Thor isn’t the only god left. But is the Phoenix-possessed Wolverine a friend or foe?

THOR #6
    COVER BY Esad Ribic
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY MAXX LIM
    MKXX VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    MKXX VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    ALL-FATHER THOR FACES HIS DOOM!
    If you thought Old Man Phoenix was crazy, then wait’ll you see what we’ve done to Marvel’s greatest villain. It’s the end of the universe — and the return of Doctor Doom. A Doom more powerful than anything that has ever lived. Get ready for the greatest battle the far future has ever seen, as Old King Thor and the Phoenix Wolverine stand together at the end of time against an army of monsters and the final Doom.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-30-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I suppose OML is too busy for that this time around. He's gotta get prepared to host the Phoenix Force in a few weeks! I guess Kitty is just gonna have to save the day. About par for the course, really...

THOR #5
    COVER BY Esad Ribic
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY JAMES HARREN (5 OF 5)
    COSMIC GHOST RIDER VS VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    GET READY FOR KING THOR AND THE PHOENIX, BUB!
    In the far future, All-Father Thor reignited the Earth and sparked new life in the universe. But now, something is wiping out other worlds — and Midgard won’t be far behind. Luckily, Thor isn’t the only god left. But is the Phoenix-possessed Wolverine a friend or foe?

THOR #6
    COVER BY Esad Ribic
    MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY MAXX LIM
    MKXX VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    MKXX VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    ALL-FATHER THOR FACES HIS DOOM!
    If you thought Old Man Phoenix was crazy, then wait’ll you see what we’ve done to Marvel’s greatest villain. It’s the end of the universe — and the return of Doctor Doom. A Doom more powerful than anything that has ever lived. Get ready for the greatest battle the far future has ever seen, as Old King Thor and the Phoenix Wolverine stand together at the end of time against an army of monsters and the final Doom.
    Those solicitations just made my senses cry for mercy and beg for death.

Every time we think Guggs has the market for hacks cornered, Jason Aaron's like "Hold my beer".

BANNED

The art and this storyline looks boring. X-Men Gold has gone down in both quality and art.

Congratulations Guggs, you've managed to prove Lightning Lass is absolutely useless.

That one panel makes it look like Storm is getting kicked in the back by some random

On a side note, I bet Storm is regretting Kitty's offer to come along with her. I wouldnt be surprised if Kitty has been monitoring her and swoops in to save the day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thank you beloved for your sincerest sympathy. this tragedy is almost over and we fans dont acknowledge or read this so we are good.
    Well, I tell you...
    You Storm fans have my sympathy too.
    After the horrible events of EXM, DoX and IvX, Storm deserved more than that. And Gosh, Gold is even worse.
    From what I've heard, even in Red, Ororo is not getting the spotlight she deserves.
    She's one of the greatest leaders of the X-Men, fgs. She deserves more than that.

Why is Guggs so obsessed with Storm's hammer?

I feel like someone needs to adapt Maxwell's Silver Hammer for this arc.

More Storm can only help this book as it nears its end. Say what you will about X-men Gold. It's still worth buying just to see Storm be awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    More Storm can only help this book as it nears its end. Say what you will about X-men Gold. It's still worth buying just to see Storm be awesome.

when has Gold Storm ever been awesome though?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I have to agree with this. I generally think adding Storm to any story adds a whole lot of awesome, but I am not convinced Gold Storm is actually Storm. I am not sure who Guggs is writing but it sure as **** ain't Storm.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm still thinking that this whole Gold series has been nothing but a continual dream sequence by Kitty where she saves the day over and over again. The end of 36 will be Kitty waking up and nothing from this series was in continuity...

But otherwise it's poor writing. What's with powerful women flying in at a foe to punch them and be knocked down instantly in the Xbooks?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I have to agree with this. I generally think adding Storm to any story adds a whole lot of awesome, but I am not convinced Gold Storm is actually Storm. I am not sure who Guggs is writing but it sure as **** ain't Storm.
    This IS Storm.

You can't just pick and choose which versions of the characters you want to acknowledge and which ones you don't. Storm's fans in CBR will use the tiniest details from 30 years ago....it's all or nothing. This crap is happening and it's goddess awful,...but it's happening.

Maybe the next writer (or even in Red) can explain that she was still feeling down after giving Kitty leadership and saw that even that was a bad choice. She's going through a rough patch.

This book should be called Pyrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I liked the issue where she broke out of prison by overriding her power suppressing collar. Otherwise, she's been terrible in the book. To be fair, everyone but Kitty has been treated terribly in the X-men Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    I liked the issue where she broke out of prison by overriding her power suppressing collar. Otherwise, she's been terrible in the book. To be fair, everyone but Kitty has been treated terribly in the X-men Gold.
    Somehow, Tyke was written better in Gold than he has been in in the entirety of Blue. Weird, huh?