Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

As for Storm's portrayal in this preview...

I can't.

Even with wind, she could try to choke him by overloading his lungs with air. I'd even be happy to see her whip up a hurricane or a blizzard to flash freeze the guy or something. Flying into him to get into melee was the cringe.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    That's what I said (quoted below), but without exposition how do you SHOW it? I think they should bring back exposition and narration to the books. Paying $4 for 150 some words is just bullshit and a ripoff.

Weapon X 22 & next week's 23
    like this:

all the stuff I've described has been shown before. again a quick Google search is all I did. there isnt an excuse for the depiction of these characters. hopefully this will be the last time he ever writes the xmen.

but exposition would be nice. I do miss that.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-31-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    As for Storm's portrayal in this preview...

I can't.

Even with wind, she could try to choke him by overloading his lungs with air. I'd even be happy to see her whip up a hurricane or a blizzard to flash freeze the guy or something. Flying into him to get into melee was the cringe.
    hello to all of this!!! it makes no sense how he has written this character. zero.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Personally, I like when a comic takes more than 3 minutes to read. Back in the day, you could munch on a single Claremont page for that long! Them boys were thicc!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Personally, I like when a comic takes more than 3 minutes to read. Back in the day, you could munch on a single Claremont page for that long! Them boys were thicc!
    thats bc he'd put so much unnecesary texts and words in a single page. Claremont was good at crafting a good plot but he was too wordy for his own good

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    like this:

all the stuff I've described has been shown before. again a quick Google search is all I did. there isnt an excuse for the depiction of these characters. hopefully this will be the last time he ever writes the xmen.

but exposition would be nice. I do miss that.
    Thanks . Saved me some typing. Not to mention that she has manipulated earth’s magnetic field to open a fissure/draw up lava for searing hot BFR, or create a magnetic cyclone to toss his a$$ off planet. Or if he is obsessed with lightning have Storm hit him woth a hyper concentrated blue jet. I don’t think having a limited visual imagination is a good excuse to write the characters as an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Thanks . Saved me some typing. Not to mention that she has manipulated earth’s magnetic field to open a fissure/draw up lava for searing hot BFR, or create a magnetic cyclone to toss his a$$ off planet. Or if he is obsessed with lightning have Storm hit him woth a hyper concentrated blue jet. I don’t think having a limited visual imagination is a good excuse to write the characters as an idiot.
    exactly!!!! there is ZERO reason to show her as you said appropriately - a complete and utter idiot. and yes to alll your examples!!!! I honestly dont think guggs would agree that she could pull off some of the things we saw in her solo though unfortunately.

BANNED

I Swear to the GODDESS I’m throwing a forum party when this trash finally ends

Quote Originally Posted by angrt1 View Post
    I Swear to the GODDESS I’m throwing a forum party when this trash finally ends
    lololol chile!!!! can I have an invite to that!!! I'm so there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats bc he'd put so much unnecesary texts and words in a single page. Claremont was good at crafting a good plot but he was too wordy for his own good
    I actually liked the wordy stuff. it always felt appropriate never over done. but that's just me.

Nice examples Butterflykyss!

As for CC's wordiness, I liked it sometimes, but it could get ridiculous at other times, like when Betsy used to harp on the focused totality of her psychic power. A happy medium would be nice.

Part of that was the editorial edict of the time that each issue could be someone's first, so everything had to explained over and over. These days they do more of the recap pages at the front of the issue, or those small, few word descriptor boxes. Personally, I loved all the thought balloons and captions over all. I like it when an issue takes some time to pour over. There's more story in two pages of a Claremont story than there are in a full 20 pages these days with all the decompression. As an artist, I get wanting to let a moment be fully realized and appreciated(full page or double paged spreads), but at the same time, we only get one or maybe two entries a month, let's see something! Tell me a story! Move things, and twist things, within one issue. Don't just save it for the TPB read. That's how you lose monthlies....
    Last edited by yogaflame; 09-01-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Part of that was the editorial edict of the time that each issue could be someone's first, so everything had to explained over and over. These days they do more of the recap pages at the front of the issue, or those small, few word descriptor boxes. Personally, I loved all the thought balloons and captions over all. I like it when an issue takes some time to pour over. There's more story in two pages of a Claremont story than there are in a full 20 pages these days with all the decompression. As an artist, I get wanting to let a moment be fully realized and appreciated(full page or double paged spreads), but at the same time, we only get one or maybe two entries a month, let's see something! Tell me a story! Move things, and twist things, within one issue. Don't just save it for the TPB read. That's how you lose monthlies....
    I agree old comics just feel more meaty. I love thought bubbles more than those narration boxes. The X-men would do so much in one issue as compared to today where one thing takes three issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Nice examples Butterflykyss!

As for CC's wordiness, I liked it sometimes, but it could get ridiculous at other times, like when Betsy used to harp on the focused totality of her psychic power. A happy medium would be nice.
    you're so welcome beloved!!!! I hate seeing people excuse inexcusable subpar storytelling. there isnt any excuse for how bad gold has been. this whole story is centered around the idea she never went back to Africa after joining the xmen whixh is completely false. I cant wait for this trash to be over for good.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-01-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I like this villain. Merciful Bast please let him stay like this. Not Bob SK or some other established villain.