Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2220

I'm ecstatic that my Patriots won, but win or lose that was a hell of a football game.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I thought of you when the Chiefs lost. Of course they lost. Sorry bro. I wanted them to win, and take out LA.

BTW, what I thought was really sad was a scene I witnessed on the game broadcast as it was going off. There was a Chiefs fan, a father, holding his kid son who was crying. Passing on all the Chiefs disappointment to the next generation.

Mahomes is the best, young quarterback I've maybe seen though. He'll be around for a while putting up numbers. You just have to hope that the Chiefs don't essentially make him the team like the Colts did with Andrew Luck for his prime years. I never thought New Orleans would make the Super Bowl, but they finally did after all those years of torment. We shall see.

It would be nice...but the Chiefs have had years of hell and the curse only ends if they ever make it once. But well....I'll likely be dead when that happens lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Another post season another game decided in OT with one side never seeing the ball

So tired of this failure of an OT system, college fixed it, don’t understand why the dinosaurs of the NFL can’t figure it out

With the New England Patriots taking on the LA Rams, it will be the first time since 1969 that the teams in the Super Bowl and the World Series hail from the same cities at the ends of the same year's season.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

If they were to ever adapt something close to the college system they would have to get rid of that 25-yard start thing. It would at least have to be mid-field.

There was a moment after the Chiefs scored to take the lead where they showed Brady sitting on the bench straight and stoic. And I imagined the Darth Vader helmet lowering onto his head like Empire Strikes Back.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-20-2019 at 09:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    If they were to ever adapt something close to the college system they would have to get rid of that 25-yard start thing. It would at least have to be mid-field.

There was a moment after the Chiefs scored to take the lead where they showed Brady sitting on the bench straight and stoic. And I imagined the Darth Vader helmet lowering onto his head like Empire Strikes Back.
    The college overtime rules are more fair I suppose, but they are so contrived and inelegant that it just gets on my nerve to watch. They could just switch to a 15 minute overtime period with no sudden death, but then you would have concerns about injury and fatigue and what not. I would personally go for the maximum troll option of automatically deciding a tied game in favor of whichever team reached that score first, thus making it impossible to play for a tie and encouraging riskier play calling.

Extraordinary Member

College overtime sucks and honestly in the NFL it would be a joke. Thats a chip shot for nearly every kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    College overtime sucks and honestly in the NFL it would be a joke. Thats a chip shot for nearly every kicker.
    If we're judging football as a form of entertainment, which a surprisingly few number of people do, college football is unequivocally more exciting and more fair. Give each team a chance with the ball to see who wins. This game was effectively won by a coin toss. Just save us the half hour and just pick the winner by the coin.

Point is they don’t have to emulate the NCAA format at all other than ensuring both sides have a chance to have the ball at least once, can still have each possession start with a kickoff if one side scores then go to sudden death

Fantastic Member

Local sports talk radio hosts are talking that there are rules in print (section 17 of some rule) that gives the commissioner the power to overturn and even reschedule a game that has a major incident in it. So they are discussing how the CB in the Saints/Rams game has admitted to going after the receiver purposely targeting Ginn JR because he got beat for a TD earlier in the game.

So the guy purposely went after a receiver and hit him blatantly further admitting it after the game while no penalty was called. The NFL will never change the game result but they will fine the player.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    If we're judging football as a form of entertainment, which a surprisingly few number of people do, college football is unequivocally more exciting and more fair. Give each team a chance with the ball to see who wins. This game was effectively won by a coin toss. Just save us the half hour and just pick the winner by the coin.
    Not really. Chiefs had how many chances to stop the Patriots on 3rd and long? OT didn't cause the Chiefs demise. They did themselves. Don't let the game go to overtime. Don't be offsides when your defensive teammate makes a game sealing INT.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    It's really not and many people hate it. Also if you want to actually run the numbers the team that goes second in college overtime wins more frequently than the team that wins the coin toss in the NFL. So there is actually a much bigger advantage in that format and it's slanted towards one side knowing exactly what they have to do to keep the game going or to outright win it.

At least in this format you have to actually play the game and stop a score and try to score and consider field position and time and all the elements of football.

At some point there will be a discrepancy. College OT has a massive flaw.

If you take the NFL overtime and extrapolate it so each team gets an automatic possession, well here's a scenario.... the Patriots win the toss, score a TD. Cheifs get ball, score a TD. Patriots win the game with another TD. Well now everyone's still going to blame the coin toss. The coin toss is not automatic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Local sports talk radio hosts are talking that there are rules in print (section 17 of some rule) that gives the commissioner the power to overturn and even reschedule a game that has a major incident in it. So they are discussing how the CB in the Saints/Rams game has admitted to going after the receiver purposely targeting Ginn JR because he got beat for a TD earlier in the game.

So the guy purposely went after a receiver and hit him blatantly further admitting it after the game while no penalty was called. The NFL will never change the game result but they will fine the player.
    Yes that is a rule. It also has no chance of ever happening here. At the end of the day, there was a missed call. You can't overturn the outcome over a missed call. Then every single game that has a pivotal missed call will be in question

Extraordinary Member

I'll go a step further on this. We had two overtime games today. The winner of the coin toss lost the first one and won the second one. It's not automatic.

Edit:

Here are the actual stats for winning the OT coin toss.

Win: 50.8
    Lose: 43.2

So if you win the coin toss you .8 more likely to win than you are to lose or tie.
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 01-20-2019 at 11:25 PM.

As a Rams fan who is happy they are going to the big dance - Saints did get robbed. I'm not gloating to my friends who are Saints fans, no way.

Anyone else think Darth Hoodie was looking a little like Darth Grandma tonight? I dunno, he lacked a certain level of menace to me
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.