Page 78 of 148 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2220
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The pettiness between the team mates of Bell has really reached a silly point where they raided his locker and took what was there among themselves. It showed a real silliness to not understand why a guy wanted a long term deal for playing. It was one of those ...really ?

In all yes you can be hurt Bell isn't there to play. But as a player you have to understand that he wants paid and knows he could get hurt on the field like Earl Thomas was. And unlike Thomas , Bell stayed silent at home. He didn't come to work , refuse to practice and then flip you off as he got injured. No , he chose to not show up and realized he could lose a huge pay day doing that.

But once these players themselves demand huge pay days and the Steelers tag and refuse to work deals for them , they will see what Bell went through.
    You can’t tell me those players wouldn’t have scavenged Bell’s locker if they didn’t have tacit approval from head coach Mike Tomlin, if not the front office. But yeah, that was seriously petty.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    You can’t tell me those players wouldn’t have scavenged Bell’s locker if they didn’t have tacit approval from head coach Mike Tomlin, if not the front office. But yeah, that was seriously petty.
    They have blasted him for wanting a long term deal. I have never seen a team turn against a player for a new deal so badly. I have to think ...the coach and ownership have painted Bell as an enemy in this and the players have lapped it up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Nobody's talking about the amazing game last night?

And witchfan might be an actual witch.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Nobody's talking about the amazing game last night?
    For two teams that won't make the playoffs it was a hell of a game. One of the best Thursday games this season. Sacks, fumble on first play of the game,. huge deep passes, only thing missing was some ******* parachuting on the field under the power of a giant fan.

Oh and Mike McCarthy needs to finally get fired.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Some news

- Former NFL WR Terry Glenn died as a result of a wreck he suffered in Texas. Glenn was a former 1st round pick in 1996 and played 5 seasons in New England before being traded to Green Bay and later signing with Dallas.

- Matt Patricia defended the decision this past week to make the Lions practice outside in cold weather in the snow. Patricia claimed that practicing on the astro turf is harder on players with joint issues. That it helps prepare teams for elements ahead. The next game will be indoors against the Carolina Panthers.

- The Baltimore Ravens are entering a situation where Joe Flacco may not play this week. Flacco is listed as doubtful due to a bad hip and Lamar Jackson may not start due to an illness and missing practice. The only one getting a full practice is RGIII and he practiced this week.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

RGIII!!!

Haha, oh man ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fantastic Member

Some news

- Former NFL WR Terry Glenn died as a result of a wreck he suffered in Texas. Glenn was a former 1st round pick in 1996 and played 5 seasons in New England before being traded to Green Bay and later signing with Dallas.
    Wow, Glenn had a life of highs and lows. Pretty sure I recall his mother was found dead in a dumpster when he was really young. I was bummed when he left New England and always wanted him to succeed wherever he played.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Wow, Glenn had a life of highs and lows. Pretty sure I recall his mother was found dead in a dumpster when he was really young. I was bummed when he left New England and always wanted him to succeed wherever he played.
    Glenn will always go down in history as he was the 1st one to catch a TD pass from Tom Brady. That will always be his mark on history.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Some news

- Matt Patricia defended the decision this past week to make the Lions practice outside in cold weather in the snow. Patricia claimed that practicing on the astro turf is harder on players with joint issues. That it helps prepare teams for elements ahead. The next game will be indoors against the Carolina Panthers.

- The Baltimore Ravens are entering a situation where Joe Flacco may not play this week. Flacco is listed as doubtful due to a bad hip and Lamar Jackson may not start due to an illness and missing practice. The only one getting a full practice is RGIII and he practiced this week.
    Wow that is pretty sad for Glenn dying in a wreck.

Can't say that isn't a valid reason.
    It be challenging to play outdoors again for visiting teams playing the Vikings since that is the coldest State for all the NFL teams.
    I say again because the Vikings have played outdoors in the Past.
    I've been outside for more than 2 minutes in below 0 weather or cold enough to cause frostbite and it is damn challenging.

I'm not astounded that the Ravens are making a switch because Flacco has been consistently ineffective during the Ravens losing streak, and with Jackson having advantages including great speed logical to make switch sooner rather than later because Flacco has been ineffective so it's not like it's not broke situation.

One of the things that the NFL youtube channel has done is add full older games. This one is from 1985.

You could see a dynasty really falling apart here with the Cowboys. Every dynasty falls eventually. Age , time and drafting takes a toll. Dallas for so minutes hang with that great Bears defense but as you can see once the Cowboys lost White to a concussion (which is wild since concussions weren't really diagnosed much then in mid 80's) . But yeah Dallas had a near 20+ year run of consistent winning and championships. But after the 1985 season ...well they finally collapsed in 1986.

Fantastic Member

You could see a dynasty really falling apart here with the Cowboys. Every dynasty falls eventually. Age , time and drafting takes a toll. Dallas for so minutes hang with that great Bears defense but as you can see once the Cowboys lost White to a concussion (which is wild since concussions weren't really diagnosed much then in mid 80's) . But yeah Dallas had a near 20+ year run of consistent winning and championships. But after the 1985 season ...well they finally collapsed in 1986.
    I have to believe back in those days a concussion had to be pretty severe for a player to be pulled. I recall Troy Aikman telling a story about being sat because of a concussion. After he had gotten hit the medical staff on field either asked him where he was or his name, I've forgotten which, and he couldn't accurately tell the staff the correct answer. So he got pulled from the game. So I'm guessing White's had to be about that level to be pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    I have to believe back in those days a concussion had to be pretty severe for a player to be pulled. I recall Troy Aikman telling a story about being sat because of a concussion. After he had gotten hit the medical staff on field either asked him where he was or his name, I've forgotten which, and he couldn't accurately tell the staff the correct answer. So he got pulled from the game. So I'm guessing White's had to be about that level to be pulled.

Well it really wasn't as bad the Bears/Raiders game from 1984 as I posted on last page. That game had 3 QB's go down and was called the most violent game due to how insane it was.

- Raiders backup Marc Wilson gets hit so hard that on the sideline he is seen walking confused and has to be directed back to the bench. He later at half time also had his finger checked. Unknown to Wilson he had a broken thumb and the training staff never told him.

- After Wilson went out before halftime , the 3rd string QB came in. He had been on a golf course before this. In that same half he had his leg broken. He never played again.

- Over on the Bears side Jim McMahon took a shot to his back and in a book it was claimed he was at halftime pissing blood. He would come back in for 2 more snaps in obvious pain. It was later told that McMahon suffered a lacerated kidney and missed the rest of the year.

- Wilson came back in the 2nd half as the punter who was listed as the emergency QB for the Raiders refused to go in.

Its like different training staffs were better equipped to handle things. White in that video I posted gets his neck iced and he never comes back in.

NFL News...

- Lamar Jackson will make his 1st start as Joe Flacco is out with an injury (hip).

- Its expected that Gary Kubiak will return to NFL sidelines next year. Kubiak will likely go back to being an offensive coordinator since he retired due to health issues as a coach.

- The clock has started ticking on Todd Bowles as the Jets will decide his fate at end of the year. Bowles loss last week was so bad it has made the Jets question him long term. The next half of season will decide his fate.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Just got an alert from Bleacher Report saying Jacksonville might consider trading Jalen Ramsey in the offseason. With the Jags going from last season’s AFC title game to division bottom feeder, perhaps they’re going to tear it down and start over. For sure QB Blake Bortles is history, maybe the front office has grown weary of Ramsey shooting off his mouth and decided he isn’t worth keeping around either.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

This is an actual honest to god article and not something from Union. No folks....this is legit.

The Cleveland Browns want to hire a female Head Coach and not just any female...they want to hire Condoleezza Rice . John Dorsey called her a dream candidate and Rice is a fan of the team. A fact she attends games and has been seen with the owners. But yes folks just when you think the Browns would be serious...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story?id=253...TlX0ZyLwa3/l6g