Page 55 of 148 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I predicted that Houston would be 11-5 this season. After an 0-3 start they have won four in a row and are on top of their division. The only team left on their schedule with a winning record is Washington at a soft 4-2. Houston appears to have saved its season and Bill O’Brien’s job.
    O'Brien has seemingly won with a lot of terrible QB's. By some way he manages to win that division with guys you'd never expect at QB before Watson.

Bortles is a weird case. Earlier this season he was playing very solid , then his weaknesses came to the front. One weakness is his mechanics as one analyst brought up against KC. In it , they detailed Bortles has this weird wind up and release that causes fumbles and lots of Ints. I mean if you watch a clip of Pat Mahomes , the guy throws it quick , his release is a rifle. With a Bortles its bad.

Its not a good throwing delivery and it shocks me the Jaguars never tried working with him on it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    O'Brien has seemingly won with a lot of terrible QB's. By some way he manages to win that division with guys you'd never expect at QB before Watson.
    Well, it sure doesn't hurt that O'Brien is not exactly in a powerhouse division, and that he's managed to win mostly with strong defenses. Look at the rest of AFC South: Jacksonville only recently become a force and they're already falling back to the pack (thanks in part to Bortles) while Indianapolis and Tennessee have been mediocre at best for years.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

In looking at the "points for" in the current standings I was a bit surprised:
    K.C. at #1 with 260 which was not surprising
    L.A. Rams #2 with 235 not surprising with Todd Gurley near unstoppable.
    Patriots #3 with 214. That surprised me with Eldeman out for the 1st 4 games, Gronk out yesterday and no name talent at wide receiver until Josh Gordon showed up recently.

With 7 games in the books for most teams the season is pretty much half over already. Obviously a long way to go and December is the best indicator to which team is likely to go deep into the play-off's.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Patriots #3 with 214. That surprised me with Eldeman out for the 1st 4 games, Gronk out yesterday and no name talent at wide receiver until Josh Gordon showed up recently.

With 7 games in the books for most teams the season is pretty much half over already. Obviously a long way to go and December is the best indicator to which team is likely to go deep into the play-off's.

Tom Brady could take one of us off CBR and he'd win with us as his WR's. One fun stat that was brought up yesterday in a game Brady was playing.

Tom Brady has never lost to a QB that is 15 years younger than him. That as he was playing Trubisky , the analyst brought up that Brady has never lost to a QB in his time that was 15 years younger than him. As his co-analyst joked he came close against Mahomes but he pulled that one out.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post

* Chiefs are getting some key defensive pieces back soon, so I expect them to make a deep run. They're just going to get better and their QB keeps pulling rabbits out of hats when he gets cornered. If they can stay healthy, I think they stay the favorite to win LIII.

* Rams are healthy and explosive, so I expect them to make a deep run. They are having some red zone problems but are so explosive that it doesn't matter yet. Until somebody can shut them down, they don't really need to worry about their red zone issues with all the bombing going on. I think stamina is what will get them in the end.

* Pats scored 38 or more points for the 4th straight game and are the 5th team to score at least 38 points in four straight games. Health doesn't seem to be an issue on offense because they just replaced their RB with another backup that exploded. They are already looking at resigning Gillislee or trading for Blount if IR comes into play. Their defense is what's going to cost them another SB because for the hundredth time, Brady has turned schlubs into an offensive powerhouse.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-22-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    * Chiefs are getting some key defensive pieces back soon, so I expect them to make a deep run. They're just going to get better and their QB keeps pulling rabbits out of hats when he gets cornered. If they can stay healthy, I think they stay the favorite to win LIII.

* Rams are healthy and explosive, so I expect them to make a deep run. They are having some red zone problems but are so explosive that it doesn't matter yet. Until somebody can shut them down, they don't really need to worry about their red zone issues with all the bombing going on. I think stamina is what will get them in the end.

* Pats scored 38 or more points for the 4th straight game and are the 5th team to score at least 38 points in four straight games. Health doesn't seem to be an issue on offense because they just replaced their RB with another backup that exploded. They are already looking at resigning Gillislee or trading for Blount if IR comes into play. Their defense is what's going to cost them another SB because for the hundredth time, Brady has turned schlubs into an offensive powerhouse.
    Andy Reid will stop the Chiefs. And honestly the Rams should be favorites

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Andy Reid will stop the Chiefs. And honestly the Rams should be favorites
    Curses aren't real.

But yes, Rams are good. But if I had to pick one right now, I'd pick Chiefs for Mahomes. Rams are one bad game from a locker-room revolt. And the stamina/red zone area is lacking. Chiefs can do it.

But who are we kidding?

It will be probably be Packers/Saints vs. Patriots/Steelers.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Gruden just Fleeced the Cowboys for a 1st round pick next year for Amari Cooper

Damn
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

Damn
    Damn. He's gonna gut the assets and start over in Vegas, Gruden is a true bastard.
    Double damn, the Colts had one eye out on Cooper but that is a fleece. Guy just got concussed last week didn't he?
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Still going with my LA Bowl pick - Rams vs Chargers. Yes the Chargers aren't perfect and yes the Rams are a little too perfect right now.

Here's my playoff scenario:

AFC: Patriots (1st seed), Chiefs (2nd seed), Steelers (3rd seed), Texans (4th seed) Wild Cards are Chargers and Miami

Chargers beat Texans, Steelers beat Miami
    Chargers beat Patriots, Chiefs beat Steelers
    Chargers beat Chiefs in a wild AFC West Championship game in KC!

NFC: Why bother with the details, its the Rams going all the way. Haha, I'm drinking the koolaid! 40 percent chance its the Saints instead.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-22-2018 at 01:25 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Damn. He's gonna gut the assets and start over in Vegas, Gruden is a true bastard.
    Double damn, the Colts had one eye out on Cooper but that is a fleece. Guy just got concussed last week didn't he?
    With Mack and Cooper gone, one has to wonder if the clock is now ticking on Derek Carr. If a team (say Jacksonville) were to call, would Chucky send Carr out the door for the right price?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    With Mack and Cooper gone, one has to wonder if the clock is now ticking on Derek Carr. If a team (say Jacksonville) were to call, would Chucky send Carr out the door for the right price?
    as our resident Raider fan im kinda torn. On one hand i like Carr and its a QB driven league but on the other hand he hasn't been the same since he broke his league against Indy....
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

There's no such thing as curses, but a resume of performance speaks for itself, and Reid just has a staunch record of calling extremely poor games in the postseason. Whatever the reason may be, its there. Its like Peyton Manning. He wasn't cursed, but he tangibly never played as good in January than in the regular season. Reid just gets wildly outcoached when that time of the year comes. Hell if the Chiefs pull Pittsburgh in the divisional round like it Scott's mock, I'd be more than willing to put money on the Steelers.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-22-2018 at 02:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

Damn
    Arizona's perennial Pro Bowl CB Patrick Peterson is asking for a trade. Price might be two first rounders, though. Arizona has him under contract through 2021.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Seven games into the year, and the race for the worst record in the league and #1 draft pick looks to be shaking down to the following one-win or two-win teams sucking down the stretch:

• Arizona Cardinals (1-6): Steve Wilks and now fired OC Mike McCoy's malfeasance have left a roster with Josh Rosen, Christian Kirk, David Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald on offense, and Chandler Jones, Deone Bucannon, and Patrick Peterson on its defense bizarrely under-achieving. Arizona wasn't supposed to be a playoff team, by any stretch, but this roster managed 8-8 last year while having nine games with either Drew Stanton and Blaine Gabbert under center. The coaching decisions have been mind-boggling, whether it's been using David Johnson almost exclusively between the tackles, keeping Bucannon, a border line Pro-Bowl talent on the bench, or changing from a 3-4, to pitching running a 4-3, but instead, running a bizarre 4-2-5 nickel defense that has turned a Top 5 defense into a bottom-tier one... Arizona is a mess right now, and looks like they'll be lucky if they win 4 games all year. Their remaining schedule of 9 games has two possible wins in it, at home against the fire-sale, Gruden-coached Raiders and at home versus the injury-plagued 49ers (their only win so far this year). However, they have to play on the road against Atlanta, Kansas City, Green Bay, San Diego, Seattle, and host the Rams and Lions. Those games against Oakland and San Francisco could well determine the #1 pick.
    • San Francisco (1-6): Injuries. No Jimmy G, and no Jerrick McKinnon. Matt Breida and Marquis Goodwin have been out with injuries, and are only starting to get healthy. Richard Sherman is ailing, as well. They have Arizona this week, and their next three are against Tampa Bay, the Giants, and the Raiders. With that soft middle to their schedule, they might play themselves out of the "worst" spot, provided they take care of the football. For whatever their record says about them, the Niners can at least play defense against the run, and run the ball. They do need to work on forcing turnovers, though, as they've only picked off one pass over the first 7 games. If they start forcing turnovers, they could play themselves out of the top overall pick and just into the Top 5 or Top 10.
    • Oakland Raiders (1-6): The Gruden fire sale has begun in Oakland, as they traded away young stud WR Amari Cooper to the Cowboys for only a single 1st round pick, the latest in a bizarre series of decisions since Gruden took over that are overshadowed perhaps by the Raiders moving Khalil Mack right before the start of the season, only to be befuddled why they can't sack an opposing QB any more. They just lost Marshawn Lynch for like a month, and their only offensive weapon looks to be Jared Cook. Their franchise QB, Derek Carr, meanwhile, has looked near tears while being scooped off the turf the past two weeks. Honestly, Oakland fans deserved better, and it almost looks like John Gruden just wants to draft a new Vegas team, and the Raiders look like they'll have three first round picks going into the April draft, their own high pick that could be #1 overall, and if it isn't, they can package the picks they got from Dallas and Chicago to move up and trade it with whoever does have it, if they fall in love with a player. Oakland's remaining schedule, as we stated, has both Arizona, and San Francisco on it, as well as a game against the Colts that could help.
    • New York Giants (1-6): The Giants look like they'll be the only team with a god-awful record who explicitly are shopping for a QB in April. The consensus top QB isn't exactly going to be a big name, compared to this past year's draft. But Eli Manning is on his way out, and this defense is ancient. Still, the Giants have offensive weapons like OBJ, Saquon Barkley, Sterling Shepherd, and Evan Engram. They need line help, and should start rebuilding the defense. The Giants have perhaps the best talent of any of the 1-6 teams, and have the most potential for wins, given how mediocre that NFC East looks this year. They also get games against the Colts, Titans, Tampa Bay, and San Francisco on their schedule.
    • Buffalo Bills (2-5): Buffalo has two wins already... but they also are looking at an offense without any weapons, and a rotating QB carousel of an injured rookie QB in Josh Allen, journeyman interception machine Derek Anderson, and the utter disaster that is Nathan Peterman. Their defensive front seven is their only bright spot. Their remaining nine games don't feature any of the other miserable teams on this list, and their only hope to avoid going 2-14 might be that they get to play the Dolphins and Jets twice, who are mediocre enough and have their own challenges that could let the Bills steal one or two games. They are going to be in the Bottom 5 at year's end.
    • Indianapolis Colts (2-5): The Colts had double-digit draft picks this year, and Andrew Luck is starting to resemble the player he was before he missed a whole year. The Colts' Marlon Mack is also a young RB on the rise. If you look at the scores on their games this year... of their five losses, only one was by more than a single score, and that was against New England. The Colts are in better shape than most of the teams on this list, who aren't just losing, but are getting obliterated. Hell, the Colts just wrecked the Bills. Their remaining schedule is also very friendly, they still get the Titans twice, the "meh" Cowboys, the Giants, and dysfunctional Dolphins. They could play their way out of a bottom five placing when all is said and done.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.