Page 139 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2220
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Losing Kareem Hunt really hurt them I think, too. But kudos to KC for doing the right thing and getting rid of a bad guy, regardless of his import to the franchise.
    Williams stepped in right off the bench and really was a nice move there. KC locked him up for 2 more seasons to keep that chemistry with Mahomes. I would laugh if Bell came to the Chiefs because could you imagine Mahomes with Kelce , Hill , Watkins and Bell ? Defenses would literally cry at those match ups. (Doubt Bell does this as KC needs to use the cap space they have in 2019 ($35+ million) on extensions for Ford , Hill and Jones. Plus trying to draft or sign defensive talent)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

It appears even Andy Reid isn't happy with what he saw defensively in 2018. He is looking at making staff changes and could actually replace Bob Sutton at DC over the issues.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Dynasty’s actually make the game more popular. The Patriots are routinely one of the highest rated teams in the league. The game reached its highest viewership and financial peaks during the Patriots run.

Go to basketball. When were it’s ratings the best? When Jordan’s Bulls went to 6 championships in 8 years. That was the peak. The other two highs in basketball are actually right now where we got the same final 4 seasons in a row and Lebron specifically has been in 8 straight. And also the era where Bird and Magic were constantly in the Finals is what built the league.

Even Baseball, the Yankees run in the late 90’s and early 2000’s was the last peak the league had.

Dynasty’s are one of those things people say they don’t like. But it draws more people in consistently. And there’s a reason for it. It’s rarer. In the near 100 year history of the NFL, maybe a handful of times will you see a team go for a 6th win (especially the same QB and coach). There’s a Super Bowl somebody has to win every year. It took 99 years of NFL history for a team to do go on a run like the Patriots are. And the way the league is set up, it’s less likely to see it going forward. Players who were part of dynasty’s get their minds blown over what’s going on.

And that’s why it draws casual fans in. It’s rare and it’s history. There’s a lot of football historians who’ve watched for 50 plus years that are looking on knowing that they will likely never see this again in their lifetime.
    Well maybe in hindsight people will overlook all the Patriots' cheating and whining and the irritating gloating of every bandwagon jumping douchebag who suddenly discovered a passion for the Patriots just at the right time. Or maybe 20 years or so down the road there will be some bombshell story that exposes the entire Patriots dynasty as having been some fraudulent conspiracy all along. Sigh, how I would love for that to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Well maybe in hindsight people will overlook all the Patriots' cheating and whining and the irritating gloating of every bandwagon jumping douchebag who suddenly discovered a passion for the Patriots just at the right time. Or maybe 20 years or so down the road there will be some bombshell story that exposes the entire Patriots dynasty as having been some fraudulent conspiracy all along. Sigh, how I would love for that to be the case.
    Bandwagon fans will always exist in every sport. Before the 2000's you would likely see no real Patriots fans proclaiming the greatness of a franchise that went a few years in late 1980's/early 1990's losing like the Browns. Once the losing era begins ...they will move on. Because they won't be able to handle the team losing. Its like the 49ers. That franchise had a huge number of supporters from the 80's into the 1990's. But once the losing began in 2000's they quickly hopped off.

As much as I'm not happy the Chiefs lost as usual come playoff time ; the Patriots have won fairly. The whole spygate deal was horse **** then because every player tries to steal signs. A fact that I believe Tom Jackson told on ESPN during a spot he'd be watching the opposing players bench and yell out the signals to the others in huddle. Knowing signals and plays that a team runs doesn't mean success. Its up to the players and talent of the team on both sides to execute the play to make it work or not.

Now as far as the inflate gate goes , its been shown that cold air makes tires and footballs lose air. The studies the NFL rejected comically to try and claim Brady had a staffer deflate 13 balls in less than 1-2 minutes was absurd. The fact no one saw this guy and that he had to get them back out in the supposed time...was more silly. They made this equipment guy sound like Tom Cruise from Mission Impossible and it was beyond silly.

No one with any common sense bought that and the NFL needs to really apologize for that absurd horse **** they peddled.

Extraordinary Member

This is the saltiest post ever. First off every team in the league that’s ever been successful has bandwagon. Or do you think it’s a coincidence that the Cowboys who had a 20 year winning season run followed by a dynasty in the 90’s have the largest fanbase. Or that the Ateelers who had the first Super Bowl dynasty have a massive fambase. Or the Niner’s. Even the Dolphins have a huge fanbase based off the Shula ever. That’s not real unique.

I probably wouldn’t hold my breath on some bombshell. Belichick’s been the coach since 2000. A lot of employees have left since then. You would think if something happened it would happen now.

It’s also not a hindsight thing. The AFCCG just got a monster rating triple that of any sports final this year that wasn’t the World Cup. The Patriots already got the NFL several of its top ratings this year. It’s almost consistently then and the Cowboys for top ratings. So yeah, they already do have a ton of people watching.

I’m not really going to relitigate the supposed cheating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This is the saltiest post ever. First off every team in the league that’s ever been successful has bandwagon. Or do you think it’s a coincidence that the Cowboys who had a 20 year winning season run followed by a dynasty in the 90’s have the largest fanbase. Or that the Ateelers who had the first Super Bowl dynasty have a massive fambase. Or the Niner’s. Even the Dolphins have a huge fanbase based off the Shula ever. That’s not real unique.

I probably wouldn’t hold my breath on some bombshell. Belichick’s been the coach since 2000. A lot of employees have left since then. You would think if something happened it would happen now.

It’s also not a hindsight thing. The AFCCG just got a monster rating triple that of any sports final this year that wasn’t the World Cup. The Patriots already got the NFL several of its top ratings this year. It’s almost consistently then and the Cowboys for top ratings. So yeah, they already do have a ton of people watching.

I’m not really going to relitigate the supposed cheating.
    I think it was clear from the tone of the post that I'm not trying to make any effort to hide my bias. I mean I won't lie, I rooted for the Patriots back in 2001 because as far anyone could tell then, the Rams were the unstoppable juggernaut and the Pats were the scrappy underdog, and Brady was just this regular guy getting the opportunity of a lifetime, but man, how things have changed since then. I do think the real key to their success is that they are just very good at managing their roster, instead of overpaying for recognized names they just always find guys that fit their scheme and aren't afraid to dump them after they've outlived their usefulness. And that's especially maddening for fans of other teams because it's not like some kind of secret formula here, but other teams seem to always make the same blunders with flashy free agents and draft picks instead of just going for the best fit like the Patriots seem to do every time. If you look at the Rams, they're clearly built with a short championship window in mind and they had to pull out all the stops just to make it here this year, win or lose there's very little chance they can sustain their success once Goff signs his big extension and what not. It seems to be only the Patriots that can get away with paying their QB below market value year after year and picking up players just at the right time and never having to sign crippling long term contracts for washed up talents, or making any of the same dumb mistakes everyone else makes.

Extraordinary Member

I think it was clear from the tone of the post that I'm not trying to make any effort to hide my bias. I mean I won't lie, I rooted for the Patriots back in 2001 because as far anyone could tell then, the Rams were the unstoppable juggernaut and the Pats were the scrappy underdog, and Brady was just this regular guy getting the opportunity of a lifetime, but man, how things have changed since then. I do think the real key to their success is that they are just very good at managing their roster, instead of overpaying for recognized names they just always find guys that fit their scheme and aren't afraid to dump them after they've outlived their usefulness. And that's especially maddening for fans of other teams because it's not like some kind of secret formula here, but other teams seem to always make the same blunders with flashy free agents and draft picks instead of just going for the best fit like the Patriots seem to do every time. If you look at the Rams, they're clearly built with a short championship window in mind and they had to pull out all the stops just to make it here this year, win or lose there's very little chance they can sustain their success once Goff signs his big extension and what not. It seems to be only the Patriots that can get away with paying their QB below market value year after year and picking up players just at the right time and never having to sign crippling long term contracts for washed up talents, or making any of the same dumb mistakes everyone else makes.
    Patriots go after smart versatile players that might not have the most complete skill set but can take on a variety of jobs. They then don’t ask them to do things out side their skill set. It allows them to not pay a premium and also being able to have a team that can shift gameplans every week based off who they play

I've changed my mind, I was going to pick the NFC no matter who made it (and root for them too), and while I'll still root for the Rams, I'm getting that stars are aligned feeling for the Patriots. An "it ends where it began" sort of feeling. They get their 6th and last in the Tom Brady era against the team they beat to start it.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Chiefs apparently filed a complaint that the Patriots tampered with the coin tosses. SMDH ...

Patriots are the new age Raiders. They get into people's heads without even doing anything.

Bring on #CoinGate.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It appears even Andy Reid isn't happy with what he saw defensively in 2018. He is looking at making staff changes and could actually replace Bob Sutton at DC over the issues.
    You called it, Sutton's gone.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

You called it, Sutton's gone.
    Argh ... that's not good. They need to shore up, not reboot.

Come on Chiefs, you have the tools and the talent ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Yah I'm not sure that was a good move either. They maybe could have blitzed Brady better, but man if you do that then you really have to commit all out and be successful or he will burn you every time. I liked the defense on Sunday, a sort of mix of pressuring the QB and limiting the short gains. Too bad it all fell apart in the late 4th quarter.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Yah I'm not sure that was a good move either. They maybe could have blitzed Brady better, but man if you do that then you really have to commit all out and be successful or he will burn you every time. I liked the defense on Sunday, a sort of mix of pressuring the QB and limiting the short gains. Too bad it all fell apart in the late 4th quarter.
    Shout out to the Pats O-line on that one, though. Weren't the Chiefs #2 in sacks?

Shout out to the Pats O-line on that one, though. Weren't the Chiefs #2 in sacks?
    Pats O line performance was rated as the best all season by any team.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The Chiefs defense was ranked 30th overall this season....so things weren't good at all. They allowed 400+ yards a game nearly in 2018. Why do you think Mahomes was forced into shoot outs as we saw ?