Page 82 of 148 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2220

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Chiefs illustrated why they need defensive help badly. You can't expect Mahomes to try and score 60 points in a game. I mean 50+ points is logically a game you win. But here it showed...Mahomes will throw 6 TD's in a game ...and u need to get him a defense.
    Well he also threw 3 picks and lost 2 fumbles, which led to a couple of Rams TDs, and that had nothing to do with the Chiefs needing defensive help. Five turnovers kind of negates the 6 TDs for the most part. Giving up 2 offensive scores and short fields while ending drives of your own will kill any team, whether or not they have a good defense.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Well he also threw 3 picks and lost 2 fumbles, which led to a couple of Rams TDs, and that had nothing to do with the Chiefs needing defensive help. Five turnovers kind of negates the 6 TDs for the most part. Giving up 2 offensive scores and short fields while ending drives of your own will kill any team, whether or not they have a good defense.

-M
    Turnovers happen and yes Mahomes needs to watch how he handles the ball better sure. . Of course even with that ..you need a defense to step up here. Cause your defense is forcing your offense to keep making plays non-stop. Which I'm sure Mahomes was under that pressure...GOTTA KEEP SCORING...GOTTA KEEP THROWING. Cause the defense isn't gonna hold teams.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Was I watching NFL or arena league?

The Steelers have quietly become one of the best road teams in the NFL. In their last 16 away games, the Steelers record is 14-1-1, the only loss was in Chicago.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Shit. I guess I missed the game of the year. I kept checking my phone after the Pacer game and couldn't quite wrap my head around it. BOTH of these team I think could beat the Saint's I feel.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Turnovers happen and yes Mahomes needs to watch how he handles the ball better sure. . Of course even with that ..you need a defense to step up here. Cause your defense is forcing your offense to keep making plays non-stop. Which I'm sure Mahomes was under that pressure...GOTTA KEEP SCORING...GOTTA KEEP THROWING. Cause the defense isn't gonna hold teams.
    Well, that's pretty much what the NFL wants these days, lots and lots and lots of scoring. The days of 14-10, three yards and a cloud dust on each down, defense dominated, grind it out in the dirt slugfests are pretty much over since such games are bad for ratings and tend to put people to sleep, especially the casual fans who love to see points racked up in abundance like in Madden. While only a handful of teams, like the Rams, Chiefs and Saints can short circuit scoreboards with any sort of regularity, games like last night are slowly becoming the norm instead of the exception.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, that's pretty much what the NFL wants these days, lots and lots and lots of scoring. The days of 14-10, three yards and a cloud dust on each down, defense dominated, grind it out in the dirt slugfests are pretty much over since such games are bad for ratings and tend to put people to sleep, especially the casual fans who love to see points racked up in abundance like in Madden. While only a handful of teams, like the Rams, Chiefs and Saints can short circuit scoreboards with any sort of regularity, games like last night are slowly becoming the norm instead of the exception.

There are still teams winning low scoring affairs. We still have that happening though and the defense plays a part. Carolina/Detroit was 19-20 as we saw. There are defenses that still can supply that. Sure teams like KC , Rams and Saints are offensive fire work shows. But the Saints have been for years. (A big knock was for years the Saints defense was terrible and Brees was forced into shootouts)

What is amazing is KC is 9-2 and somehow a rookie QB essentially has been able to win a number of the shootouts thus far.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I blame fantasy football as well.

Seriously, how do you get 5 turnovers and still give up over 50 points?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post

No one was going to mistake the Rams' defense for the Steel Curtain, the '85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens. Even with the likes of Donald, Suh and company, the Rams can be scored on.

Defense wins championships, but offense sells tickets.

No one was going to mistake the Rams' defense for the Steel Curtain, the '85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens. Even with the likes of Donald, Suh and company, the Rams can be scored on.
    Yah but so can the Saints. Lets not forget that the Rams put up 35 against them in their house. Does any NFL team look like a defensive powerhouse? Maybe the Bears.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Defense wins championships, but offense sells tickets.
    Defense damn sure didn't win a championship back in February, unless you count the Eagles' stop of Tom Brady's end of game Hail Mary play. If last night game was a preliminary for SB53, then I think it's safe to say another shootout can be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yah but so can the Saints. Lets not forget that the Rams put up 35 against them in their house. Does any NFL team look like a defensive powerhouse? Maybe the Bears.
    Chicago? Sure, but they won't get far with Mitch Trubisky on offense. Maybe Pittsburgh, but they have less than stellar moments, and I can't see then keeping Kansas City in check.

Meanwhile with having all the marks in the NFL , Tom Brady is now looking for the big one folks.....1,000+ yards rushing in his career !

Brady is 2 yards away from that magical 1,000 career rushing mark. Will he crack it soon ? We shall see....

Fantastic Member

Defense damn sure didn't win a championship back in February, unless you count the Eagles' stop of Tom Brady's end of game Hail Mary play. If last night game was a preliminary for SB53, then I think it's safe to say another shootout can be expected.

This is why I say defense these days is more about getting a turnover to feed the offense more opportunity to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post

You have a secondary who are gambling to force turnovers, and as a result, either get a pick or give up a big play.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Hall of Fame reveals 25 semifinalists for Class of 2019

The list includes Tony Gonzalez, Ty Law, Champ Bailey, John Lynch, Isaac Bruce and head coach Jimmy Johnson.