Page 24 of 148 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    And where have that gotten the Giants, O-2 like the Raiders.
    But at least the Raiders get two extra first round picks and million of dollars in cap space.
    The Raiders can build for the future, the Giants can’t.
    The Giants will have cap space in 2019. They are projected to have $23+ million in cap space before they even discuss cuts or restructuring contracts. Also as brought up the Giants have a stud RB and WR. They can draft a young QB to learn as we have seen.

Oakland will have $66+ million in cap space in 2019. They could have signed Khali being honest and been left with $40+ million in cap space.

All this is from Overthecap.com
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

The problem is The Raiders don’t have good players.
    With Mack, they had one great player.
    Winning teams need good players, not one great player.
    Sometime you have to lose a great player to get a bunch of good players.

Even with Mack, the Raiders are a bad team. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain with trading him.
    If the Raiders signed Mack, they wouldn’t have the two extra first round picks, nor the cap space to sign good free agents.
    They now have $500 million of cap space over the next fours years.
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-19-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Somehow, some way ... the Steelers and the Patriots will still have another deep playoff run.
    Yep, you know it. Every year the Steelers have a bunch of drama, but there they are come playoff time. The Patriots always look vulnerable - until suddenly they aren't and everyone realizes that yet again the Hoodie has fooled them all. Did you see Tom Brady getting after Gronk on last Sunday? He clearly mouthed "DO YOUR JOB"
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yep, you know it. Every year the Steelers have a bunch of drama, but there they are come playoff time. The Patriots always look vulnerable - until suddenly they aren't and everyone realizes that yet again the Hoodie has fooled them all. Did you see Tom Brady getting after Gronk on last Sunday? He clearly mouthed "DO YOUR JOB"
    The Pats typically don't fully gel as a unit until a few weeks into the season. Especially right now when they are missing the top receiver and the top O-line player (plus the losses from the off season). Mr. September Brady is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    The problem is The Raiders don’t have good players.
    With Mack, they had one great player.
    Winning teams need good players, not one great player.
    Sometime you have to lose a great player to get a bunch of good players.

Even with Mack, the Raiders are a bad team. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain with trading him.
    If the Raiders signed Mack, they wouldn’t have the two extra first round picks, nor the cap space to sign good free agents.
    They now have $500 million of cap space over the next fours years.
    Well you can add great players with $40+ million of cap space. It can be done to pair with Mack to be honest. The Chicago Bears right now with Mack added have $23+ million in cap space for 2019 and that is before releases etc they do. So they can add players to that team with Mack.

Also as someone who went through this when the Chiefs traded Jared Allen , unless you HIT perfect on players , then the trade can become a bust. In one case Kansas City nailed their trade pick they got from Minnesota. They added Brandon Albert who became all-pro LT and he helped solidify the offensive line for the next 6-7 seasons before he left as a high priced FA in 2014.

But the Chiefs also in 2008 added Jamaal Charles (with Vikings 3rd round pick they also gave for Allen). So they scored pretty solid there. Its also the draft they added Brandon Flowers too in the 2nd. So through 3 rounds KC landed impact starters and 3 Pro Bowl players (Albert , Charles and Flowers). But the Chiefs 1st pick that draft is forgotten a lot...it was a high profile bust for them and it was Glenn Dorsey . Dorsey was supposed to be the next great DT but he never lived up to that.

In all the Raiders are gonna have to nail those 2 , 1st round picks .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Jon Gruden: It’s hard to find a good pass rusher

At this point, Gruden is practically begging to be ripped as a clueless moron every time he opens his mouth about the Raiders’ pass rush, and the decision to trade star pass rusher Khalil Mack. From a pubic relations standpoint, the trade is a failure, and Gruden has done himself no favors with the way he has talked about it. You can’t find a great pass rusher? Then why did you trade the one you had?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Here is what is missing ...the Raiders as a whole went 12-4 in 2016. This isn't a team that needed a massive rebuild. They kept basically the same starting defense from 2016 last year and added a couple guys to the offense (Marshawn Lynch , Cordelle Patterson , and Jared Cook). I mean honestly this is a team that under-achieved in 2017 and the whole idea that Gruden needed to rebuild the entire roster is insane.

He could have added defensive stars around Mack and got things fixed. Now he has to find a pass rusher to replace Mack and fix that defense. Its almost silly to see what the Raiders allowed Gruden to do here.

Thats Gruden continuing to rip on Mack indirectly. Its kind of pathetic.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Tonight's TNF matchup features the Jets versus the Browns. So, who here is actually gonna invest time watching Cleveland attempt to play football? As much as I love the sport, I'm giving it a wide berth, what with my Phillies beginning what could be the last stand of their season tonight in Atlanta.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Tonight's TNF matchup features the Jets versus the Browns. So, who here is actually gonna invest time watching Cleveland attempt to play football? As much as I love the sport, I'm giving it a wide berth, what with my Phillies beginning what could be the last stand of their season tonight in Atlanta.
    Just be happy that the Phillies finish above .500 this season.
    I am hoping that the Jets are too bored by this matchup to show up and let the Browns win.

I don't pay for the NFLN, so won't be watching. Hilariously still don't have any regret not paying extrato see most of these games.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Here is what is missing ...the Raiders as a whole went 12-4 in 2016. This isn't a team that needed a massive rebuild. They kept basically the same starting defense from 2016 last year and added a couple guys to the offense (Marshawn Lynch , Cordelle Patterson , and Jared Cook). I mean honestly this is a team that under-achieved in 2017 and the whole idea that Gruden needed to rebuild the entire roster is insane.

He could have added defensive stars around Mack and got things fixed. Now he has to find a pass rusher to replace Mack and fix that defense. Its almost silly to see what the Raiders allowed Gruden to do here.
    In 2016 the Raiders still had a bad defense, the offense won many of those games.
    Remember, the NFL is still a business. Trading Mack was a business decision.
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-20-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Cleveland hasn't won a game since December 24th , 2016. So were going close to 2 years since they last won a regular season game.

I'll be honest. My fiance is from the Cleveland area and she's a die hard Browns fan and a bit of that has rubbed off on me. I will say, they are one of the most exciting teams in the NFL right now. It may be due to the fact that they've only won one game since we've been together which adds a certain level to it, but they're defense is actually worth being in the conversation for best defense in the League. They have a ton of offensive weapons too. Honestly, I think the only thing holding them back from being capital "G" Great is Tyrod Taylor and Hue Jackson. As a Bills fan, I like the concept of Tyrod, but he's just not going to win you games and Jackson just doesn't seem to have that winning mentality.

Well, that's it for Taylor in Cleveland. Mayfield's never coming out outside of injury. Or Hue Jackson doing something very Hue Jackson.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El