Page 27 of 148 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

After that opening drive by the Eagles for a TD, they’ve been outscored by Indy 16-6 as a combination of a surprisingly speedy and sturdy Colts defense and mistakes galore by the Birds put Philly in a hole.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Colts have missed so much opportunities though.

The Refs just penalized Clay Mathews for sacking the QB, which they have made illegal it seems. BS roughing call on a clean sack.
    Taking away any chance the Packers had at a come back.
    Win should go to Wash + Refs.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The Refs just penalized Clay Mathews for sacking the QB, which they have made illegal it seems. BS roughing call on a clean sack.
    Taking away any chance the Packers had at a come back.
    Win should go to Wash + Refs.
    Damn, poor bastard is like the favorite targets of the zebras.

Phins score on trick play to go ahead with 7 min left. I think there will be one ore two more scores in this game, so we will have to see who comes out ahead.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ohhhh, raiders fans are going to be in a bad mood tonight lol.
    Last edited by Starter Set; 09-23-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Ohhhh, raiders fans are going to be in a bad moon tonight lol.
    Yes, but us Dolphin fans love it. An end zone interception followed two plays later by a TD.

Getting Wilson to replace Landry looks like it is working out.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Excellent finish the Titans defense agains defends winning a low scoring great dramatic exciting game 9-6.
    2-0 in the AFC South, and 2 consecutive wins after that stinker vs the Dolphins.

Amazing 2 weeks in a row Titans defense needs to defend final possession both vs afc south foes and they do exactly that.
    Remember forever the day the Titans defeated the Jags giving them their 1st loss in Humid Jacksonville.

Cry me a river to persons that seriously said the Jaguars would steamroll the Titans winning by more than 21.

My god, the Colts offense was enough to give anyone a depression today. (well, expect Eagles fans of course lol)

Garappolo looks like he blew out his knee. Granted I thought Rodgers' injury looked season ending too but this was non-contact.

Broncos came back down to earth today on the road like I thought they would. Looked like the same undisciplined, badly coached team of last year. That 2-0 start was more likely due to playing two teams worse than them at home more than anything else.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-23-2018 at 01:18 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    The Raiders should immediately fire Gruden and find a coach with a clue that isn't 10 years out of date. I'm telling you, the Raiders are going to go in the dumper rather than become a contender.
    Honestly at this stage I think it was more ego than anything. Gruden doesn't seem to understand , he's a coach. He isn't a GM or scout and as much as he creams himself over QB's (which he works best is analyzing the QB position) he isn't a good judge of talent. I mean he literally traded his teams best defensive player and then later claimed , well its hard to replace him. All because Mack wouldn't fall in line , report to camp and play for peanuts for awhile and hope he gets a new deal.

Its why he failed in Tampa. He had more say in personal matters and we saw a line of QB's march in and out.

This is a case where Jon Gruden literally is being paid $100 million dollars and the expectations was Super Bowl. That was what was expected. You don't pay a coach that price tag and expect a losing season. And if someone claims the Raiders were a total rebuild ...fucking bullshit. They had offense that could light things up with the guys they had. All they needed was defensive pieces around Mack.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The Bills saved their season today. The Raiders and Texans saw their seasons die early. Two coaches might be fired before midsesson.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

NFL Tidbits ...

- Drew Brees set the NFL Record for passing completions career wise. He passed it with 6,301 completions (passing Brett Farve for the career leader).

- Pat Mahomes broke another NFL record this week , he tossed his 13th TD pass of the season and set a new record passing a future Hall of Fame QB named Peyton Manning who had 12 TD's in the 1st , 3 games of the season. Mahomes likely could have had added more but the Chiefs went into slowing things down the 2nd half after being up 35-10 at halftime.

- The long discussed demise of Adrian Peterson seems to be over now. Peterson is BACK and as one announcer detailed Peterson was determined to mount a comeback after injuries. He was so determined he turned his off-season workout into a training camp deal and would work 5 days a week on it. Today Peterson ran for 120 yards on 19 carries and scored 2 TD's. He averaged 6.3 yards a carry.

- Cam Newton usually leads his team in rushing but today finally he seemed to get help from a RB and it was 2nd year RB Christian McCaffrey who carried 28 times for 184 yards. Newton was 2nd on team in rushing with 36 yards and 2 TD's though.

- The NY Giants looked almost perfect on offense as Eli Manning went 25/29 for 297 yards and 2 TD's , Barkley ran for 80+ yards and Beckum had over 100+ yards receiving. The Giants maybe should have benched Flowers sooner than we saw.

- The Arizona Cardinals have scored 7 points which , stunningly is the most points they have scored in 2 weeks folks.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Word is that Jimmy Grabass tore his ACL and MCL in today’s loss of the 49ers to Kansas City.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Word is that Jimmy Grabass tore his ACL and MCL in today’s loss of the 49ers to Kansas City.
    Wasn't very pretty to watch. That man is going to spend some time off the field.