Page 52 of 148 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    On break at work I caught a mention that Hill wants the fan prosecuted from ESPN. Unsure if anything will come of it.
    Its already happened , he was charged with disorderly conduct and something else. Everyone has came out for Hill on this one. That just because you attend a game you shouldn't be throwing beer in someones face (ESPN showed the clip of said fan doing this to Hill).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its already happened , he was charged with disorderly conduct and something else. Everyone has came out for Hill on this one. That just because you attend a game you shouldn't be throwing beer in someones face (ESPN showed the clip of said fan doing this to Hill).
    Gonna be honest, dude totally deserves to be banned and rightfully called out for bad behavior. But I think press charges are overkill. I can’t imagine a situation where you press charges for having a drink thrown on you.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Gonna be honest, dude totally deserves to be banned and rightfully called out for bad behavior. But I think press charges are overkill. I can’t imagine a situation where you press charges for having a drink thrown on you.
    It does fall under disorderly conduct and possible minor assault . Throwing a liquid in someones face. No fan who attends a game should do this to any player or coach.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If that happened in Philly, there would be deafening howls of outrage from coast to coast, that clip would be running on an endless loop on ESPN while talking heads brutally lambasted Eagles fans no end (with generous mentions of the infamous 1968 Santa Claus snowball incident) and there would be calls for a congressional investigation.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The NY Post has reported this story 1st and its not made it to NFL.Com yet. But it appears Justin Crawford who was a former starter at WVU and never made it past training camp was arrested for sexual assault of a 12 year old and more. His wife also witnessed it as well.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/nfl-fl...d-girl-police/

Patriots were ahead of the story and issued the ban prior to news outlets.

The fan should be prosecuted for everything that can be thrown at him.

But I would be lying if I said I felt sorry for a convicted domestic violence offender.

But it is expunged now, so I should probably feel bad for him.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If that happened in Philly, there would be deafening howls of outrage from coast to coast, that clip would be running on an endless loop on ESPN while talking heads brutally lambasted Eagles fans no end (with generous mentions of the infamous 1968 Santa Claus snowball incident) and there would be calls for a congressional investigation.
    The last time I heard of Eagles fans tossing drinks at people, it was full, unopened beer cans. And I never heard of any consequences.

Give Hill big credit for not reacting in the situation. That was bad.

But it comes with allowing alcohol at games. People get drunk and do stupid stuff.

At the A's-Yankees game, some idiot drunk New Yorker doused an A's fan with beer in much the same way. Is that assault? No charges or consequences at all for the Yankee fan.

A's fan tweeted: "That's me!! Never been more proud to be an A's fan. Born and raised in Oakland but living in Brooklyn now. Sad my chavez jersey got covered in beer but it was so worth it! Y'all are the best!"

But the A's organization went a step farther and bought the fan all new A's gear for taking the hit in hostile territory. He's gotten offers of free tickets to games. And in a twist you could only usually see in a movie, the A's fan and Yankee's fan reconciled over the internet and later hooked up and partied together. Lol. Thats how you solve beer altercations folks!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 10-16-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Back on New England again, they became the first team in the Super Bowl era to have 0 punts AND 0 penalties in the same game.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Give Hill big credit for not reacting in the situation. That was bad.

But it comes with allowing alcohol at games. People get drunk and do stupid stuff.

At the A's-Yankees game, some idiot drunk New Yorker doused an A's fan with beer in much the same way. Is that assault? No charges or consequences at all for the Yankee fan.

A's fan tweeted: "That's me!! Never been more proud to be an A's fan. Born and raised in Oakland but living in Brooklyn now. Sad my chavez jersey got covered in beer but it was so worth it! Y'all are the best!"

But the A's organization went a step farther and bought the fan all new A's gear for taking the hit in hostile territory. He's gotten offers of free tickets to games. And in a twist you could only usually see in a movie, the A's fan and Yankee's fan reconciled over the internet and later hooked up and partied together. Lol. Thats how you solve beer altercations folks!

I'm glad the Patriots don't believe in coddling classless drunken fucks like this. What a terrible organization the A's .

Moving on from one terrible organization (The A's) in MLB to one in the NFL...on the field. The Oakland Raiders announced they have released Derrick Johnson (LB) . Johnson is 35 and had only 16 tackles in 6 games thus far. He had spent 13 seasons in KC and was allowed to leave due to Chiefs wanting to get younger at LB this year. It makes you wonder if Johnson will retire after so many great seasons he had in KC.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Some NFL tidbits:

Jerry Jones responds to report that Cowboys are planning to give Jason Garrett an extension

Will he or won't he? My guess is Jerry will resign Garrett. I'm on record saying no self-respecting coach would willingly want to be Jones' sideline puppet.

Giants owner John Mara: Odell Beckham Jr. needs to do 'more playing' and 'less talking'

With the 1-5 Giants' season already fast spiraling down the toilet bowl, this mess with OBJ doesn't look to have a happy ending.

Gruden: Raiders ‘not tanking anything’

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, whatever you say, Chucky.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Back on New England again, they became the first team in the Super Bowl era to have 0 punts AND 0 penalties in the same game.
    They had penalties. None were accepted. One was offsetting and one was declined.

Another milestone from that game is they broke the Niner’s record (guess when) for most win in a ten year period. Patriots have 26 more games to improve upon that.
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 10-17-2018 at 06:12 AM.

My predictions for the week:

Cardinals over Broncos- I want to see Denver's coach get fired.
    Chargers over Titans- Chargers show they are contenders.
    Patriots over Bears
    Colts over Bills
    Lions over Dolphins- Detroit needs this game more.
    Vikings over Jets
    Eagles over Panthers- both teams will end up 4-3.
    Bucs over Browns
    Jaguars over Texans- Jaguars win key division match-up at home.
    Saints over Ravens
    Rams over 49ers
    Redskins over Cowboys- Redskins stay on top of their division.
    Chiefs over Bengals
    Falcons over Giants- Falcons want to contend, while the Giants are just competing for draft position.