Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2220

Do you guys think, steelers kicker, Chris Boswell still has a job on Sunday?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Do you guys think, steelers kicker, Chris Boswell still has a job on Sunday?
    I'll say yes but the Steelers are really in a tough position with Boswell. He was a Pro Bowl kicker last year (admittedly that's nothing overly great) and they signed him to a big contract because he was good. Listening to the game vs the Pats I heard he has the lowest success percentage this year minimum 15 kicks. Ejecting any important position player at this time of the year is dicey but he's not reliable right now. So I say they keep him due to nobody better being out there at this time.

On a football note I heard just now on a sportstalk radio Belichik has traded away 30+ draft choices in his tenure at Patriots HC. Add in a loss of a 1st round due to deflategate and season ending injuries to the past two years of first draft picks in pre-season and that's a lot of players not to have.

Phins win out and Patriots drop the next 2, they're out of the playoffs and the Phins win the division. Patriots have to win 1 to clinch. 1-2 Patriot win + 1 Houston loss = NE first round bye. Outside shot at best now.

Redskins need to beat the Eagles in week 17 (doesn't matter what they do in week 16) if the Seahawks lose the next 2, the 'Skins go.

If chargers win out and Chiefs drop one game, the Chargers get the #1 seed.

If the Browns win out, Phins drop 1 game, Chargers beat the Ravens, Titans/Colts lose in week 16 AND tie during week 17, the Browns are in!

That is just some of the crazy playoff scenarios on the table this year! I love it!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-17-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Still pretty good the Browns are in the hunt at this point in the season. Thats quite a turnaround!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Still pretty good the Browns are in the hunt at this point in the season. Thats quite a turnaround!
    It's a crazy situation but THEY. HAVE. A. CHANCE. WTF!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Honestly even if KC does lose out and doesn't get that seed come playoff time...I already know the season ends come December. KC has never in my lifetime ever done good in playoffs. NEVER.....sorry Mahomes. The kid is an all-star and has had a season I never ever imagined. But well ...come playoff time KC will whiff as usual and I fully expect it.

So good luck AFC whoever wins. But yeah as a Chiefs fan we know how the playoffs usually go for KC.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Saints held on for dear life to beat Carolina 12-9 in a defensive snoozefest. At 6-8, I think the Panthers are pretty much out of the playoff chase.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Phins win out and Patriots drop the next 2, they're out of the playoffs and the Phins win the division. Patriots have to win 1 to clinch. 1-2 Patriot win + 1 Houston loss = NE first round bye. Outside shot at best now.
    Dolphins winning the division would be huge. Dolphins play 1 game at home 1 game on the road. 'fins are tied for the worst road record in the NFL with the Raiders at 1 win and 6 loses. 'fins play Jaguars at home and at Buffalo to end the season in the cold. Patriots have two home games: Bills and Jets and the Patriots are 6-0 at home. Jets and Bills will play tough vs Pats but I say Pats win both home games.

After the shelacking the Phins got Sun against Minn, I don't see them winning out. And the Pats are not dropping 2. Still the Pats might not even get the by-week or home field. I don't see them in the AFCCG let alone the Superbowl.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

With two games to go, here are my predictions for what the playoff teams will be, and their playoff positions:

AFC
    1. Chiefs 13-3
    2. Texans 11-5
    3. Patriots 10-6
    4. Steelers 9-6-1
    5. Chargers 12-4
    6. Colts 10-6

NFC
    1. Saints 13-3
    2. Bears 12-4
    3. Rams 12-4
    4. Cowboys 9-7
    5. Seahawks 9-7
    6. Eagles 9-7

What are your predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Dolphins winning the division would be huge. Dolphins play 1 game at home 1 game on the road. 'fins are tied for the worst road record in the NFL with the Raiders at 1 win and 6 loses. 'fins play Jaguars at home and at Buffalo to end the season in the cold. Patriots have two home games: Bills and Jets and the Patriots are 6-0 at home. Jets and Bills will play tough vs Pats but I say Pats win both home games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    After the shelacking the Phins got Sun against Minn, I don't see them winning out. And the Pats are not dropping 2. Still the Pats might not even get the by-week or home field. I don't see them in the AFCCG let alone the Superbowl.
    My point is more about that the Dolphins are striking distance during week 16. And not just for a playoff spot, but for the division. It's an outside shot, but still.

It's a crazy year!

My point is more about that the Dolphins are striking distance during week 16. And not just for a playoff spot, but for the division. It's an outside shot, but still.

It's a crazy year!
    It's a valid point and if they had won last Sunday I would have given them a good shot at a WC. Winning the division over the Pats is just too much of a dream for me to contemplate.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Fantastic Member

It's a crazy year!
    On occasion it's fun to see a lesser team win. If Cleveland some how makes it into the play-off's I'd be okay with it because there is some excitement to the team especially after so many losing seasons. But if the Dolphins make it they are just very mediocre and boring to watch and I'd expect them to lose in the first round because Tannenhill. I get the feeling if the Titans make it in the sports media will be all 'look out, the Titans are on a roll and are dangerous' but I suspect Mariotta will have a 3 to 4 INT game during the play-off's and get bounced easily before the AFC championship game.

I remember years ago Seattle won their division with a losing record, I want to say 7-9, and made it all the way to the NFC championship game. I think it was against Green Bay. But thank god Seattle lost. What fun would a Super Bowl be to have a team with a losing record in it. Blah, not for me.

Revised Predictions (Since the beginning of the season):

Playoff teams

AFC
    1. Chiefs 13-3
    2. Texans 11-5
    3. Steelers 10-5-1
    4. Patriots 11-5
    5. Chargers 13-3
    6. Colts 10-6

NFC
    1. Saints 13-3
    2. Rams 13-3
    3. Bears 12-4
    4. Cowboys 10-6
    5. Seahawks 9-7
    6. Eagles 9-7

AFC Wildcard
    Steelers over Colts
    Chargers over Patriots (is Tom Brady over?)

NFC Wildcard
    Bears over Eagles
    Cowboys over Seahawks

AFC First Round
    Steelers over Chiefs
    Chargers over Texans

NFC First Round
    Bears over Saints
    Rams over Cowboys

AFC Championship Game

Chargers over Steelers

NFC Championship Game

Rams over Bears

Super Bowl

Rams - Chargers (still predicting an LA Bowl, mainly thanks to the Bears)

Chargers win! Rivers a no doubt lock for HoF (But I am now picking Chargers over Rams, sadly)
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Don't get me wrong, Arizona is awful, and I don't give them much of a chance of upsetting the Rams, who need a win right now and will roll into State Farm Stadium in Glendale looking to get back on the right track.

Adding to the intrigue, at least, was that the Rams signed C.J. Anderson to provide some backup to an ailing Todd Gurley. As a result, the Rams had to cut 2nd year WR/KR Pharoh Cooper.

Arizona, short at the WR position to begin with, singed Pharoh Cooper off waivers on Tuesday. He won't likely make an impact on the field, but he can give a lot of insight about the Rams' playbook to maybe help the Cardinals' defense on Sunday.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.