Page 46 of 148 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't Think SD didn't excell because of the QB, Brees is better than Rivers, but he was still good enough to win with him if they had a better team.
    Miami OTOH could have used a top QB the last decade or so.
    The Chargers had they kept Brees and traded Rivers for a 1st , perhaps they get that extra piece that gets them to a Super Bowl in that time. Its true Rivers has been a decent QB. But the Chargers can only think back to the whole , what if we kept him and did those moves.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

During the beat down that the Redskins suffered last night they may have lost Adrian Peterson. AD however would come back in after 2 hits. His leg buckled on a swing pass and he went to sidelines. It was a thigh issue and would return . Then before halftime he suffered a separated shoulder. Which he claims he popped back in and would get a few plays after halftime.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Eagles' problem at running back has grown considerably after it was reported that Jay Ajayi is done for the season with an ACL injury. He had already been playing with a fracture in his back, so this is quite a blow. I suspect Ajayi is particularly crestfallen since he won't get to play before his homies in London on the 28th against Jacksonville. Meanwhile, the Birds are now down to just two conformed healthy backs, Wendell Smallwood who's been mostly unimpressive in his now three seasons in Philly and Josh Adams, an undrafted 2018 rookie, Corey Clement, one of the heroes from Super Bowl LII has been in and out with injuries and oldhead Darren Sproles hasn't played since week one. Time for GM Howie Roseman to give Pittsburgh a ring and, at the very least, inquire about disgruntled back Le'Veon Bell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Eagles' problem at running back has grown considerably after it was reported that Jay Ajayi is done for the season with an ACL injury. He had already been playing with a fracture in his back, so this is quite a blow. I suspect Ajayi is particularly crestfallen since he won't get to play before his homies in London on the 28th against Jacksonville. Meanwhile, the Birds are now down to just two conformed healthy backs, Wendell Smallwood who's been mostly unimpressive in his now three seasons in Philly and Josh Adams, an undrafted 2018 rookie, Corey Clement, one of the heroes from Super Bowl LII has been in and out with injuries and oldhead Darren Sproles hasn't played since week one. Time for GM Howie Roseman to give Pittsburgh a ring and, at the very least, inquire about disgruntled back Le'Veon Bell.
    Well the Steelers have claimed they want a defensive player for a trade from what was told weeks ago. Honestly given that Pederson runs the same system KC does , he should look at Jamaal Charles and West that are both out there. Both backs are trying out for Jaguars right now.

The Eagles are struggling, but I think they can still finish 10-6 and win their division. Nobody else in the NFC is going to do better than 9-7.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The Eagles are struggling, but I think they can still finish 10-6 and win their division. Nobody else in the NFC is going to do better than 9-7.
    Right now, I don't think anyone else in NFC East (back to being NFC Least) will reach nine wins as everyone in the division is under .500 after the Deadskins were tomahawked last night. But the Eagles can't afford to feel good about that since they've already lost twice in the conference, and that could mean having to defend their title on the road, even if they win the division.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Peyton Manning filmed this funny spot giving Drew Brees props for breaking his passing yards record and his TD record soon.

I just love this guy

Speaking of the last few days of Brees and talks of trades , this video details some wild trades that happened and trades after trades that impacted things. Anyhow lets examine this one...

- Drew Brees drafting will always tie into the whole Michael Vick deal. As the video details the Chargers wanted a RB and QB. The team did not want Michael Vick but they had the Falcons believing they possibly could. So the Falcons were under a pressure to make that trade and at 1st Vick looked good. In fact if this was 2004 or 2005 you could say that Vick really was the better QB due to Brees struggles as a rookie starting out.

But what a difference years makes here. Brees would go on to a Hall of Fame career where as he told his sons on Monday , "If you work hard , you can accomplish anything." Vick however did not believe in that. In fact Vick years later in Philadelphia admitted he wouldn't work on learning the playbook and believed his athletic gifts would be enough.

- Years earlier the Falcons themselves fleeced the Colts as we see. That trade is one that isn't discussed as much. But its pretty funny as the GM claims George had a hell of an arm and could zip the ball all over the field. And the Colts so wanted that QB as Meyer brings up. He felt the team was a QB away. So the Falcons used that and made the Colts push hard so they traded away 3 starters and 2 draft picks to get George. And it crashed n burned .

- Seattle's trade of Tony Dorsett coming into impact Joe Montana is pretty wild for what happened 2 years later.

During the beat down that the Redskins suffered last night they may have lost Adrian Peterson. AD however would come back in after 2 hits. His leg buckled on a swing pass and he went to sidelines. It was a thigh issue and would return . Then before halftime he suffered a separated shoulder. Which he claims he popped back in and would get a few plays after halftime.
    As Brady once said to Edelman - "Swallow a spoonful of cement and get back in there!" It was nice to see AP go over and congratulate Brees after the game - couple of class acts and truly tough individuals right there.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

One RB I mentioned that the Eagles should have taken a flyer on was Jamaal Charles. Well the Jaguars decided to sign the 31 year old RB and give him a shot sharing carries . Charles had averaged 4.7 yards a carry earlier in the season and weirdly the Broncos went away from him as the season went on.

Predictions for this week:

Eagles over Giants- Eagles start turning their season around.
    Steelers over Bengals- Steelers need the game more
    Falcons over Bucs- Falcons need the game more
    Chargers over Browns
    Seahawks over Raiders
    Bears over Dolphins- Bears are for real, and the Dolphins aren't.
    Vikings over Cardinals
    Jets over Colts
    Panthers over Redskins
    Texans over Bills- Texans get back to .500
    Rams over Broncos- Rams stay undefeated
    Jaguars over Cowboys
    Titans over Ravens
    Patriots over Chiefs- Patriots win now, but the Chiefs will win in January
    Packers over 49ers

According to a NFL report ; the Philadelphia Eagles spoke with the Buffalo Bills about trading LeSean McCoy back to the team. But its not the 1st time as the Eagles have reached out before about bringing McCoy back. The Bills are in a spot where McCoy is 31 and entering his final phase of his career but he's their best offensive player and they need him for Allen. But they could get value for him right now and his cap number is kinda high for a RB entering his early 30's.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

A Steelers player I noticed has a awful hairstyle it's short buzz style front, sides, most of the back and then he has long hair where his cranium starts.
    Did he lose a bet, if not I wonder why the hell he choose a awful hairstyle that is 1 of the oddest I've ever seen.

I had a excellent NFL Week 5 Picks because 13-2 which is why I moved up to 104th overall ranking on NFL Picks CBSSports. If I can have another excellent week which would be 4 lesses or less I could move up maybe top 50 in the standings.
    Really hilarious how the Dolphins choked vs the Bengals with 2 turnovers both perfectly to Bengals defenders that returned for touchdowns, and 1 involved hitting a player moving backward that a Bengal then right place right time easily caught and ran for a touchdown. The Bengals soul crushed the Dolphins with Dolphins choking Ace Ventura Pet Detective style as in hilarious, entertaining, and glorious.
    No damn way that unplanned play could be planned and performed in a Rigged Sport which is why the moronic the NFL Is rigged or fixed should cease being used because it's a broken moronic unintelligent idea with 0 credibility.

According to a NFL report ; the Philadelphia Eagles spoke with the Buffalo Bills about trading LeSean McCoy back to the team. But its not the 1st time as the Eagles have reached out before about bringing McCoy back. The Bills are in a spot where McCoy is 31 and entering his final phase of his career but he's their best offensive player and they need him for Allen. But they could get value for him right now and his cap number is kinda high for a RB entering his early 30's.
    I'm not onboard with a deal for McCoy, partly because of his age, and partly because of his off-field baggage.

Meanwhile, I've heard Lane Johnson, perhaps the Eagles' best offensive lineman might not play tonight (listed as questionable) due to an ankle injury. Swell.

I would love to have McCoy back, even if he only has one or two good years left in him. I own his jersey.