Page 97 of 148 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 2220

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Vikings fire OC John DeFilippo a day after loss to Seahawks

Been listening to the local all-sports radio station here, and Eagles fans are clamoring for the team to bring DeFilippo back to the nest to work with Carson Wentz like he had last year when he was the Birds QB coach.
    A few weeks ago, Arizona talk radio was talking about how they'd like DeFillippo interviewed to be their next head coach.

I'm not joking.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    A few weeks ago, Arizona talk radio was talking about how they'd like DeFillippo interviewed to be their next head coach.

I'm not joking.
    Cardinals fans soured on Steve Wilks already?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

My predictions for the week:

Chiefs over Chargers- Chiefs win the division and then will be the #1 seed in the AFC
    Steelers over Patriots- Steelers absolutely must win this game or else they won't make the playoffs. Mike Tomlin should be fired if they lose.
    Texans over Jets- Texans win the AFC South and grab the second seed in the AFC after the Patriots lose.
    Browns over Broncos- a playoff elimination game. The Broncos inexplicably lost to the 49ers last week, and the Browns will finish them off this week.
    Falcons over Cardinals- The Falcons end their losing streak.
    Bills over Lions- after winning in the desert, the Lions will lose in frozen Buffalo.
    Bears over Packers- Bears still have a chance at a first-round bye.
    Bengals over Raiders- this is the last game the Bengals can win this season.
    Colts over Cowboys- the Colts are at home and need this game more.
    Dolphins over Vikings- the Dolphins will be energized from beating the Patriots, and the Vikings are fading.
    Giants over Titans- the Giants have won four of five and are at home.
    Jaguars over Redskins- the Redskins won't win another game this season.
    Ravens over Bucs- Ravens are poised to take over the AFC North if the Steelers lose.
    49ers over Seahawks- Seattle gets a Monday Night Hangover and loses a road division game.
    Rams over Eagles- the Eagles don't have the secondary to defeat the Rams, and Carson Wentz is out.
    Saints over Panthers- the Panthers lose their sixth straight game.

Despite losing, the Vikings will continue to hold the sixth seed in the NFC at 6-7-1.
    Last edited by Witchfan; 12-12-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Report: Carson Wentz not expected to play Sunday

A season that's already gone off the rails might soon go off the proverbial cliff. There's already been rumblings among fickle Eagles fans that Wentz isn't all that, god forbid the hue and cry that could take place if Nick Foles comes to the rescue on Sunday and beats the high powered Rams. Not that I expect that to happen, our secondary remains a sieve and L.A. figures to be in an especially ugly mood after having been pummeled by da Bears this past Sunday night and will take their frustrations out on the Birds.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post

Colts over Cowboys- the Colts are at home and need this game more.
    Going to be a really exciting game. Don't think the Colts have ever played the Dak Boy's tho. Colts run defense is better than people are giving credit for and goofy ass Prescott isn't the most secure QB, he's good for 2 drops a game. If the game is predicated on QB performance then that goes to Luck all day. That Dallas D deserves respect no doubt but Colts will not discount Cooper and it's gonna take more than that to beat them. I don't even give a **** if the Colts make the playoffs, I've closed my ears to all that talk because the Colts have a higher bar than looking for tie-breakers and help to get into the playoffs. I have no issues with the Texans winning the South, they'll be getting their backs blown out w/c weekend, like usual. Next year tho.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Colts over Cowboys seems more like wish fulfillment. These guys beat the Saints, and they've only been getting better each week.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Report: Carson Wentz not expected to play Sunday

A season that's already gone off the rails might soon go off the proverbial cliff. There's already been rumblings among fickle Eagles fans that Wentz isn't all that, god forbid the hue and cry that could take place if Nick Foles comes to the rescue on Sunday and beats the high powered Rams. Not that I expect that to happen, our secondary remains a sieve and L.A. figures to be in an especially ugly mood after having been pummeled by da Bears this past Sunday night and will take their frustrations out on the Birds.
    Turns out the situation with Wentz was worse than originally believed:

Eagles QB Carson Wentz has a fractured vertebrae, was not found until this week

It’s not just a standard sore back Carson Wentz is dealing with.

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport said Wentz has a fracture in his back. ESPN’s Adam Schefter added it’s a fractured vertebrae. What adds to that story is that the team had done CT scans throughout the season — the back has been an issue for some time for Wentz — and the fracture wasn’t discovered until this week, according to Rapoport.

Both reports said surgery isn’t needed and the team is determining if there’s further risk in him playing. The injury should heal without any more issues, Schefter said. On Wednesday it was reported Wentz is likely to miss Sunday’s game against the Rams and could miss the rest of the season depending on what happens in that game. Given that Wentz has a fracture in his back and the 6-7 Eagles are fading out of the playoff race, it seems best for the Eagles to shut him down.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Thats a shame about Wentz and scary how long he played with that injury. Meanwhile at an owners meeting Mark Davis (Oakland owner) remarked how in a shocked way what Amari Cooper has done in so many games for Dallas. But claimed how Cooper didn't fit their system. To try and save face on that silly move.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Thats a shame about Wentz and scary how long he played with that injury. Meanwhile at an owners meeting Mark Davis (Oakland owner) remarked how in a shocked way what Amari Cooper has done in so many games for Dallas. But claimed how Cooper didn't fit their system. To try and save face on that silly move.
    Hey, whatever helps that fool sleep at night.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So sad. Cooper did fit, but Chucky didn’t or wasn’t willing to take advantage of his talents.
    Chucky didn’t like Cooper, he get rid of everybody he doesn’t like.
    Last edited by Raiders; 12-13-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Williams engaging Hulk mode tonight for KC.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

This incompetence by the refs is just way too much. It ruins nearly every game, and I don't think that's exaggeration. They miss a clear helmet-to-helmet on Rivers, which is bad. Then, in a choreographed make-up call move, on the very next play call a phantom PI on KC. You don't make up for your foul ups by making another foul up. You just know how to do your damn job in the first place.

This is a really good, compelling closing-minute drive, and its being marred by idiotic officiating, just as this whole game has been.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

What a big fucking win! Tied atop the AFC West and the AFC! Proud of my boys in LA!!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This incompetence by the refs is just way too much. It ruins nearly every game, and I don't think that's exaggeration. They miss a clear helmet-to-helmet on Rivers, which is bad. Then, in a choreographed make-up call move, on the very next play call a phantom PI on KC. You don't make up for your foul ups by making another foul up. You just know how to do your damn job in the first place.

This is a really good, compelling closing-minute drive, and its being marred by idiotic officiating, just as this whole game has been.
    The league directive is that if you see a receiver going up with one hand to make the catch, look at what is going on with the other arm, if the defender is impeding the arm in any way it is PI. It looks like a phantom call but the defender had his hand on the receivers other arm forcing it down, so it was PI the way the league wants it called this season. I don't like the league's decision to do it that way, but it was the correct call based on that league directive. I've seen the same type of call in 4 or 5 other games this season and some were even less of a PI than this one, but that's the way the league wants it called.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Wow! What and ending. Not quite the Dolpins-Pats, but still a cliffhanger.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!