Page 79 of 148 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2220

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This is an actual honest to god article and not something from Union. No folks....this is legit.

The Cleveland Browns want to hire a female Head Coach and not just any female...they want to hire Condoleezza Rice . John Dorsey called her a dream candidate and Rice is a fan of the team. A fact she attends games and has been seen with the owners. But yes folks just when you think the Browns would be serious...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story?id=253...TlX0ZyLwa3/l6g
    This is my favorite story.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Time to rock and roll Titans need to play a full great game to defeat Luck and the Colts. Should be a great close game.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

A big issue that the Panthers have really is WR. They drafted DJ Moore who is slowly coming along and Fuchess is on the other side. But a big problem is that the Panthers themselves have is that Cam Newton has to run the ball himself a lot. Due to WR issues and throwing non-stop to Olsen and McCaffrey. Well Fuchess drops a sure handed TD and Newton next play finds Olsen.

But the Panthers need this WR group to step up since it puts pressure on Newton to use his RB and TE a lot.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Cowboys held to a fg leading the Falcon 3-0.

Colt take advantage of a great punt return by moving the football and running for a short range td 7-0.

The awful Giants looking great vs the awful Bucs 14-0.

Mariota with a rookie style Mistake throwing a int that I see intended for Davis except directly to the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    This is my favorite story.
    Well Dorsey has came out and said this isn't happening after folks laughed their asses off at the Browns. Of course its a team that once hired Sashi Brown who worked as legal counsel and had no experience running an actual NFL team so who knows. Comically he decided to see what the Oakland Athletics had done with "Moneyball" and tried to apply it to the NFL...with terrible results .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Fantastic Member

Is there such a thing as Patriots hangover? Jaxsonville beat them and they're just about done for the season. The Titans creamed the Pats and now the Titans are getting annihilated by the Colts in the first half.

Well that was a bit of a shock , Alex Smith made really his 1st big mistake this season. He was leading his team into the redzone and then threw a INT that was returned for a TD. Then the next series...Smith tries to do way too much and tosses another Int on a scramble on a bad pass.

Being serious now , a big thing its reported the Browns want next year is an offensive system like what the Chiefs and Rams have. Where its a wide open spread offense. Its why Todd Haley and Hue Jackson argued. Jackson wanted to run what the Chiefs were doing and Haley told him up front several things.

1- The team didn't have the right players to run the system KC and Rams have. They don't have the WR's and TE's to run that type of system. It would be foolish to implement that and not have the skill players to work.

2 - Baker Mayfield is a rookie and your asking him to run a system he did in college but now with players who don't fit and a rookie QB. Haley wanted to bring Mayfield slowly along and then next year work on finding talent to run that system.

But next season its said Cleveland will look for a coach to turn Mayfield into what Mahomes has done.

Also its a weird thing seeing this spread offense work in the NFL. Back years ago , Steve Spurrier tried to bring his spread system to the NFL with the Redskins and even drafted a smart young QB to work it. Then within a season or two...wrecked him totally. Patrick Ramsey was beaten to a pulp in games and his list of injuries in 2 seasons running Spurrier's system was insane. (People pointed out that blocking and more was an issue as Spurrier left his QB's with little blockers and teams teed off on them)

A big factor was that Spurrier decided instead of finding talent for his system , he'd sign former Gators players and then was amazed that they didn't work.

Well after a disaster outing Fitzpatrick was benched after throwing 3 Ints and they had to go back to Winston. Washington just saw Alex Smith take a shot and he was replaced by Colt McCoy who threw a TD pass . And its said Mariota is out now with an injury.

On this date 33 years ago Joe Thiesman was injured just like Alex Smith.

Well in questionable moves , the Texans decide to try a 47 yard FG attempt as there is less than a minute left. They miss it badly and give Washington a brief chance at life. This is unique as they are now driving to get in FG range by ...Colt McCoy !

Now in weird moves the Redskins line up to go for it on 4th down to get Hopkins closer (his career long is 56 yards) then after the Texans take a time out ...suddenly decide to make Hopkins try a 63 yard FG. Well it comes up short.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Is there such a thing as Patriots hangover? Jaxsonville beat them and they're just about done for the season. The Titans creamed the Pats and now the Titans are getting annihilated by the Colts in the first half.
    A lot of teams seem to treat a game v New England into thier Super Bowl, complete with exhausting themselves for the year in order to play it.

NFL Tidbits thus far...

- In a shocking turn the Steelers rallied with 7 minutes left and scored 14 unanswered points. In a shocking run play , Ben Rothlisberger ran a 1 yard TD run. This comeback win stunned the Jaguars who were ahead and watched as the Steelers came back. In one point Ben threw literally 5 Ints (2 were called back) and struggled a lot.

- Lamar Jackson won his 1st start and basically the Ravens let Jackson run the ball for over 100+ yards today against the Bengals.

- Tampa Bay may have to start benching QB's after a 1st quarter to keep getting close to winning games. Today they benched Fitzpatrick after the Giants looked to be cruising ahead. They rallied back to lose by 3. This same situation was reverse a couple weeks ago.

-

-