Page 25 of 148 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Most people claimed Sam Darnold was the consensus best Quarterback in the draft last year. Baker Mayfield clearly disagrees.

Welp, Mayfield's officially the most popular athlete in Cleveland

Baker Mayfield was my favorite player (not just Quarterback) in the draft last year. I thought he should have been the number 1 pick, though selfishly I hoped he wouldn't be so he could end up on the Bills. But, I was given a ton of pushback for that. Sam Darnold was the man of the hour. Even though he did end up going number one, popular belief still contended that Darnold should have gone number 1. Tonight I feel vindicated.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Congrats to the Browns on finally winning a game.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Baker Mayfield was my favorite player (not just Quarterback) in the draft last year. I thought he should have been the number 1 pick, though selfishly I hoped he wouldn't be so he could end up on the Bills. But, I was given a ton of pushback for that. Sam Darnold was the man of the hour. Even though he did end up going number one, popular belief still contended that Darnold should have gone number 1. Tonight I feel vindicated.
    I'd wait to see how both men do in their careers a few seasons ahead before vindication sets in. Both are young and judging from game highlights both made some questionable throws in the game at times. Its why I haven't proclaimed Mahomes yet , even with 10 TD's passing thus far. Its more than a couple games , we gotta step back and see what they do long term.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd wait to see how both men do in their careers a few seasons ahead before vindication sets in. Both are young and judging from game highlights both made some questionable throws in the game at times. Its why I haven't proclaimed Mahomes yet , even with 10 TD's passing thus far. Its more than a couple games , we gotta step back and see what they do long term.
    It seems Browns head coach Hue Jackson shares your opinion:

Hue Jackson undecided about starting QB for Week 4 game

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It seems Browns head coach Hue Jackson shares your opinion:

Hue Jackson undecided about starting QB for Week 4 game
    Jackson is likely thinking where he rushed Kizer in last season before he was ready and it went very wrong. Where he kinda broke Kizer's confidence and more. He likely is thinking should I wait some more before I do this ? If I start Mayfield do I run the risk of pushing him in too soon ? Also I'm sure Dorsey is likely wanting to do what Andy Reid did with Mahomes , make him wait a season.

Its a hard deal really. Mayfield could do a lot and actually win games. But the reverse is , well Kizer and others flashed potential and it was pissed away by forcing them in too soon.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Hey the Browns are guaranteed to have a better record than 8 other NFL teams at the end of the week, when's the last time that happened?

Congrats to the Browns on finally winning a game.
    My jets, my jets...

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    My jets, my jets...
    As a Dolphin fan i do not like the Jets. That said, I thin Darnald is a real talent that need a good year of learning under his belt. Think about the first year of Goff and Weintz.
    The problem is Boles is not a good coach.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    As a Dolphin fan i do not like the Jets. That said, I thin Darnald is a real talent that need a good year of learning under his belt. Think about the first year of Goff and Weintz.
    The problem is Boles is not a good coach.
    Agreed. The Jets have a brighter future at quarterback than the Giants who've mistakenly believe Eli can summon the ghosts for one last playoff push before he goes completely to ****.

Agreed. The Jets have a brighter future at quarterback than the Giants who've mistakenly believe Eli can summon the ghosts for one last playoff push before he goes completely to ****.
    Which he might have been able to. But his O Line sucks and an RB wasn't the "missing ingredient".

Depending on how bad they suck, they might get a chance for a QB next year. But if they end up 8 and 8, this season is a complete bust and they don't get a top draft choice. (They might have to trade up and loose big draft choices).
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Which he might have been able to. But his O Line sucks and an RB wasn't the "missing ingredient".

Depending on how bad they suck, they might get a chance for a QB next year. But if they end up 8 and 8, this season is a complete bust and they don't get a top draft choice. (They might have to trade up and loose big draft choices).

The Giants are in a lucky position that a number of teams don't need QB's and many already drafted their next possible franchise QB's. I mean running down the teams...

AFC East :

New England - Has drafted Brady's likely replacement as we saw , Brady will still play
    NY Jets - Sam Darnold was drafted to be the guy 2018.
    Buffalo Bills - Josh Allen was drafted to be the guy 2018.
    Miami Dolphins - If Tannehill makes progress he'll keep the starting job. But this is only one where you do a wait and see.

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers - They drafted Crosby to be the heir apparent to Rothlisberger in 2018.
    Cincinnati Bengals - Andy Dalton is still the guy there.
    Baltimore Ravens - Drafted Lamar Jackson in 2018.
    Cleveland Browns - Baker Mayfield drafted #1 in 2018.

AFC South

Indy Colts - If Andrew Luck stays healthy he's the guy.
    Jacksonville Jaguars - Blake Bortles if he continues what he recently did will stay the starter.
    Tennessee Titans - Marcus Mariota is likely gonna stay the starter if he stays healthy.
    Houston Texans - Drafted Watson in 2017.

AFC West

KC Chiefs - Drafted Mahomes in 2017.
    Oakland Raiders - Carr is the guy unless Gruden goes more crazy and trades him off.
    LA Chargers - Rivers is getting older and its possible they draft his replacement to groom.
    Denver Broncos - Elway may wanna draft a QB again at #1. But given his past failure with Lynch does he try that ?

NFC East

Washington Redskins - Paying Alex Smith to be the guy a couple seasons.
    Dallas Cowboys - Prescott's team right now.
    Philadelphia Eagles - Wentz's team right now.
    New York Giants - Could draft Eli's replacement in 2019 like the Chargers.

NFC North

Green Bay Packers - Traded for Kizer as the possible heir to Rodgers after his last new contract expires.
    Minnesota Vikings - Signed Cousins to big deal.
    Chicago Bears - Trubisky's team.
    Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford is the guy.

NFC South

Tampa Bay Bucs - The team is undecided on Winston as even his own team is pushing to stay with Fitzpatrick.
    Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan folks.
    Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton folks.
    New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees continues to be the guy , but like Eli and Phillip he could be getting older to where they groom someone.

NFC West.

San Fran 49ers - They have Jimmy G as the starter right now.
    Seattle Seahawks - Have their QB right now as we know.
    LA Rams - Goff continues to make huge moves.
    Arizona Cardinals - Drafted Rosen in 2018.

There is like 3-4 teams that could draft QB's next year or wait. But the Giants could still land a QB at 8-8 to groom behind Eli.

Extraordinary Member

And lets be real here, Eli when he was in his prime was only really good for a few small stretches of play where he summoned ghosts, it's not like he's looking at one year of getting back to form. It's like he's looking for one year where he can play on his small spurts of decent football. This isn't the 07 Giants where they had a stacked defense.

I am still having issue processing just how damn awful the Patriots looked against the Jaguars last Sunday. The Jags looked pretty darn good, but the Patriots sure helped out by not having a competent defense and a just barely competent offense. I nodded off early in the first quarter, but woke up before the quarter ended. I kind of wish that I'd stayed asleep for the whole game because watching it was painful.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.