Page 18 of 148 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There is a long track record of Belichek's assistant coaches being disastrous head coaches, and that any fruit born from his coaching tree (which is one branch of the Bill Parcells coaching tree) will be rotten. Good coordinators, terrible HCs. Not a single one of them has a winning record as a coach.

• Charlie Weiss: 41-49 (College)
    • Romeo Crennel: 28-55
    • Eric Mangini: 33-47
    • Josh McDaniels: 11-17
    • Bill O’Brien: 31-34

Now, this year the Lions have run out Matt Patricia, and he's already 0-1 after a HUGE blowout loss to the Jets in Week 1.

In Tennessee, former Pats LB Mike Vrabel is head coach, and is 0-1. But it gets worse. Vrabel is facing an elbow injury to Marcus Mariota, who's at best, an average QB so far in his three year career. And so, he's already thinking he has all the Belichek smarts, and is talking about rotating Mariota in and out during the game with Blaine Gabbert. Because QBs don't, y'know, need to get into a rhythm. Also, Blaine Gabbert sucks. So good luck with that.

You can say this for O'Brien , he's won with QB's who are absolute terrible. Plus won his division at times with that. He maybe the best of this bunch for how he's won the division.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I don't know if this had been mentioned, but ALL seven new coaches in the League: Jon Gruden (Oakland), Matt Nagy (Chicago), Matt Patricia (Detroit), Frank Reich (Indianapolis), Pat Shurmur (New York Giants), Mike Vrabel (Tennessee) and Steve Wilks (Arizona) lost in their debuts last week. For Chucky, Patricia and Wilks, they were flat out steamrolled, Reich and Vrabel lost as favorites while Nagy's Bears coughed up 20-0 lead and fell to Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay.
    It was brought up a couple pages ago and the 1st time since 2001 that all new head coaches lost in opening week. (There was 6 new coaches who lost that week)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Agreed on Tony Gonzalez, that he's the best to play his position. No argument there.

Ed Reed is first ballot HOF, no doubt. I would say there are those who would argue for Ronnie Lott being the best safety ever. Either is the best of their generation, undoubtedly.
    They both have a claim to be best ever at their respective positions, made even stronger when you factor in they didn't exactly play the same one. Reed was a Free Safety and Lott played Strong Safety IIRC.

One of the silliest things about the Titans was for a few years people have said the team needs to hire an offensive play coach to unlock the potential Mariota has. Because he does have that as his 2016 season shows. Its just the team after he struggled in 2017 decided to hire...a defensive coach who never has coached in NFL. Its one of those head scratching decisions.

Plus the Titans have both starting tackles listed as being out this week. So even if Mariota does start with a bad elbow he has , he's screwed.

I gotta respect the toughness to handle a torn ligament in your hand and go , tape it up so I can play. I do think the special kinda breezed over the Bengals issues . How Palmer was told the team would hire GM and didn't.

Cleveland has officially released Josh Gordon, apparently he wasn't himself at practice and they're concerned over substance abuse again. Apparently they're getting trade offers for him as they have until Monday to consider them

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Cleveland has officially released Josh Gordon, apparently he wasn't himself at practice and they're concerned over substance abuse again. Apparently they're getting trade offers for him as they have until Monday to consider them
    Why folks would trade for Gordon given his history is amazing. He's the case of ALL WORLD on the field and ALL STUPID off it. I mean its stunning that Cleveland will finally release the guy. But given that he's spent years being NFL suspended , numerous rehab stints etc. This is like...well...really ? Finally this caused it...lol

To be fair if he violated the policy again you'd think that'd be the end for him

to be even fairer though I've thought that about the last two times he violated it

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Why folks would trade for Gordon given his history is amazing. He's the case of ALL WORLD on the field and ALL STUPID off it. I mean its stunning that Cleveland will finally release the guy. But given that he's spent years being NFL suspended , numerous rehab stints etc. This is like...well...really ? Finally this caused it...lol
    C’mon, man, you darn well know why. Because there’s always coaches out there who believe they can rehabilitate even the worst head cases and put that player’s talent to the best possible use. Sure, it doesn’t always work, but that doesn’t stop coaches from trying. If someone could straighten out Gordon and keep him straight, a team would have a top 10 receiver for peanuts.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    C’mon, man, you darn well know why. Because there’s always coaches out there who believe they can rehabilitate even the worst head cases and put that player’s talent to the best possible use. Sure, it doesn’t always work, but that doesn’t stop coaches from trying. If someone could straighten out Gordon and keep him straight, a team would have a top 10 receiver for peanuts.
    In Gordon's case is he really able to be rehabbed back to actual good functioning player ? He barely played 1 game already after 2+ years and he's already fucked that over.

In Gordon's case is he really able to be rehabbed back to actual good functioning player ? He barely played 1 game already after 2+ years and he's already fucked that over.
    All true. Again, all it takes is one team willing to take that chance.

Reports are that Gordon pulled his hamstring at a photoshoot for a line of clothing he is endorsing not during practice and did not inform the team until Saturday that he was injured after practicing all week and not being on the injury report. It was not a team sanctioned event, and Dorsey and the front office were upset he put a personal opportunity above the team after the team had stood by him through all the suspensions and rehab.

Since he is a vested veteran, if he is released, he will be a free agent and not have to clear waivers, and can sign anywhere as soon as the release is official, so the Browns will not have a lot of leverage in trading him.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Reports are that Gordon pulled his hamstring at a photoshoot for a line of clothing he is endorsing not during practice and did not inform the team until Saturday that he was injured after practicing all week and not being on the injury report. It was not a team sanctioned event, and Dorsey and the front office were upset he put a personal opportunity above the team after the team had stood by him through all the suspensions and rehab.

Since he is a vested veteran, if he is released, he will be a free agent and not have to clear waivers, and can sign anywhere as soon as the release is official, so the Browns will not have a lot of leverage in trading him.

-M

According to this from NFL Network , Gordon showed up and acted not himself explaining his hamstring. They seemingly were gonna excuse that but were worried he's back on whatever issue he had.

2 teams seeking to trade for Josh Gordon because they clearly want controversy in the locker room is ...49ers and the Cowboys. Both are seeking to trade for Gordon before he gets cut.

2 teams seeking to trade for Josh Gordon because they clearly want controversy in the locker room is ...49ers and the Cowboys. Both are seeking to trade for Gordon before he gets cut.
    The Cowturds clearly need help at wide receiver, and after employing the notorious Greg Hardy, Gordon and his troubles are amateur night in Dixie.