Page 102 of 148 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2220

SI is saying Josh Gordon is stepping away from football to focus on mental health.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    SI is saying Josh Gordon is stepping away from football to focus on mental health.
    There is a fallow up saying he violated his terms of reinstatement under the substance abuse policy.
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Talk about a career that could have been spectacular. Josh Gordon could have been a HUGE star in the league and perhaps one of the best top WR's of this decade. I mean on a **** Browns team he once had 1,600+ yards receiving one year. That is with who the Browns would throw out at QB folks. So imagine what he could have done for a number of years !

Instead he wanted to piss his talent away and pretty much did it hear. He would have likely been kept for Brady. Now the Patriots have to look at WR in the draft and getting Brady a weapon deep threat wise. Because Gordon as usual pissed away his career.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

My predictions for the week:

Saturday
    Titans over Redskins- Redskins are eliminated. Titans will play the Colts for a wild card.
    Chargers over Ravens- Ravens will lose their wild card chance.

Sunday
    Browns over Bengals- Browns will improve to .500.
    Cowboys over Bucs- Cowboys will win the NFC East and the fourth seed in the playoffs.
    Lions over Vikings- the Lions play spoiler and take the wild card away from the Vikings
    Colts over Giants- Colts are heading to a 9-6 showdown with the Titans for the wild card.
    Dolphins over Jaguars- Dolphins win but are eliminated from the playoffs.
    Patriots over Bills- Patriots will win and get back the second seed in the AFC
    Jets over Packers- both teams will end up with five wins.
    Eagles over Texans- The Eagles have won 3 of 4. The Texans have won 10 of 11. The Texans are a warm weather team playing in the North in December. The Eagles are a perfect 4-0 against the Texans all-time. The Eagles are at home and need the game more. The Eagles take the sixth seed away from the Vikings.
    Falcons over Panthers- Cam Newton is out, so the Panthers will lose their seventh straight. Both teams will end up 6-9.
    Rams over Cardinals- Rams rebound from two losses.
    Bears over 49ers- the 49ers will give the Bears a tough match, but the Bears will manage to win.
    Saints over Steelers- this game will depend on Saturday's Chargers-Ravens result. If the Chargers win, the Saints will win the game. If the Ravens win, the Steelers will go all-out to win the game so that they stay ahead in the division.
    Chiefs over Seahawks- The Chiefs need to win to keep the top seed in the AFC. The Seahawks will have to wait until next week to make the playoffs.
    Raiders over Broncos- Raiders win a home game.

and that's why the Patriots got him for a fifth round pick, and they still overpaid

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Talk about a career that could have been spectacular. Josh Gordon could have been a HUGE star in the league and perhaps one of the best top WR's of this decade. I mean on a **** Browns team he once had 1,600+ yards receiving one year. That is with who the Browns would throw out at QB folks. So imagine what he could have done for a number of years !

Instead he wanted to piss his talent away and pretty much did it hear. He would have likely been kept for Brady. Now the Patriots have to look at WR in the draft and getting Brady a weapon deep threat wise. Because Gordon as usual pissed away his career.
    I’m not going to dump on Gordon who clearly has a substance abuse problem that he just can’t beat, no matter how hard he tries, presuming of course he is trying, and I have no idea about that. I hope Gordon gets the help he needs before we read about him ending up dead in a fleabag hotel room from an overdose.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Josh Gordon is in my prayers. I feel that this is a lonely man with a tragic past who has become trapped by addictions. One day I sincerely hope to hear he has turned things around and found his way free of his demons.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I've been a Gordon fan forever ... I wish him well and hope he can get sober. I was hoping NE would help him get clean ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-20-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I’m not going to dump on Gordon who clearly has a substance abuse problem that he just can’t beat, no matter how hard he tries, presuming of course he is trying, and I have no idea about that. I hope Gordon gets the help he needs before we read about him ending up dead in a fleabag hotel room from an overdose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Josh Gordon is in my prayers. I feel that this is a lonely man with a tragic past who has become trapped by addictions. One day I sincerely hope to hear he has turned things around and found his way free of his demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I've been a Gordon fan forever ... I wish him well and hope he can get sober. I was hoping NE would help him get clean ...

After 5+ years of this...Josh Gordon is a grown man and should honestly be responsible for his actions and what they mean. He's been through this for a few years. At some point he has to take personal responsibility and know how to stay sober.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

In NFL News ; Frank Gore has claimed he wants to play a 15th NFL season and plans to return. Gore will be 36 years old but is coming off a year where his rushing yards per game was the highest since 2012 . His season only ended due to a foot injury but should be full strength in a few weeks again.

Gore is 500+ yards from passing Barry Sanders for 3rd all-time on career rushing list if he does get a new team or returns to the Dolphins.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

After 5+ years of this...Josh Gordon is a grown man and should honestly be responsible for his actions and what they mean. He's been through this for a few years. At some point he has to take personal responsibility and know how to stay sober.
    It's not that easy. I have a relative who suffers from alcoholism and has fought to stay sober for decades. In fact, sometimes, I'm amazed he's still alive, given all he's been through. I've seen his struggles up close and it's hell to watch.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In NFL News ; Frank Gore has claimed he wants to play a 15th NFL season and plans to return. Gore will be 36 years old but is coming off a year where his rushing yards per game was the highest since 2012 . His season only ended due to a foot injury but should be full strength in a few weeks again.

Gore is 500+ yards from passing Barry Sanders for 3rd all-time on career rushing list if he does get a new team or returns to the Dolphins.
    I see no reason the Dolphins shouldn't bring him back. He only makes $1 million a year, so not much cap impact, and adds a very good component to the running game. Give him another year.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

It was a dramatic close game that the Titans won to increase the win streak to 4 games with a 25-16, Skins QB Josh Johnson showing the growing pains threw a int late in the game and would again throw a int which was returned for a td by Titans defender Butler to make the defeat even worse.
    Henry was contained from running more than 100 yards still ran for a td and was effective.

The Titans sweep the NFC East, and move closer to returning to the Playoffs.

A Impressive great win for the Ravens defeating a great Chargers team 22-10. While it wasn't implausible that the Ravens win the game that score in Los Angeles was utterly unexpected.

The Redskins deserve this and to watch someone they signed comically who hadn't started a game since 2011 . It was due for them to suffer this karma and lose. Adrian Peterson though ...he's having a great year at 33 and showed he has some time left on his body. He rushed for 119 yards today and cracked 1,000+ yards for the 1st time since 2015. He should win Comeback Player of the Year really. Given his injury issues he had with ACL and all.

The Steelers must now win today or they are out of the playoffs. The Saints can afford a loss.