Page 11 of 148 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

I was worried about him being done for the year instead Rodgers comes back out and pulls out another comeback win.

I'll be curious to hear the diagnosis though on the left knee. Sprain, maybe a deep bruise?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

The best QB in football.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The best QB in football.
    Tom was just okay today.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Niners overrated or Vikes just really good? Right now I'm going to say a little from column A and a little more from column B. Vikes should be really good but I also think the media was hyping up SF ridiculously much.

Meanwhile all Houston can do is attempt field goals so should be another easy victory for NE. Oops, got my QBs mixed up, I mean Watson is not looking great.
    Vikings are really good. This might have been the hardest game on our schedule. It's on the road, early start time for a west coast team, last year's number two defense in DVOA, and a ton of things went wrong. No lie, we lost our starting right guard, and backup right guard minutes apart. We had two easy touchdowns dropped, Morris fumbled at the goal line, and dumb mistakes like Soloman Thomas deciding to jump offsides on 4th down. Or Kendrick Bourne running the wrong route that led to an interception.

The Vikings are clearly a better unit overall though. It just sucks when you see guys collectively making a ton of mistakes that they usually don't make, and that's how you lose the game. Instead of just getting beat down while executing every thing fairly well. Garcon usually doesn't drop easy passes. Same with Kittle. We had three starters injured, and out of the game. Four I guess since McKinnon tore his ACL a week ago.

The media was hyping the 49ers way too much I do agree there.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 09-10-2018 at 05:28 AM.

Oh my dear Packers, what a comeback.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, week one ends tonight with a doubleheader, featuring rookie QB Sam Darnold's debut with the Jets in Detroit, followed by the official return of Chucky as the Raiders host the L.A. Rams. Should be interesting.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, week one ends tonight with a doubleheader, featuring rookie QB Sam Darnold's debut with the Jets in Detroit, followed by the official return of Chucky as the Raiders host the L.A. Rams. Should be interesting.
    I'm glad it's two AFC/NFC games.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Tom was just okay today.
    He's the second best. With the Pats there is always the Brady or Belichick debate. With GB there is no debate about who is responsible for them winning.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I was hugely proven wrong today because the Titans didn't win a decent close game 28-20 they lost a close game 27-20, Henry didn't have a big game running for 2 touchdowns since he had 0 and didn't get close to running for 145 yards he was ineffective a non factor today Lewis was successful, Mariota didn't throw for over 130 yards and didn't throw 2 touchdowns and the defense didn't defend when needed.

Dolphins got the lead, continued to play effective, and the Dolphins were able to sustain the lead since defense defended including ints when needed or stops, and offense made more big plays.
    In what was a ugly game the Dolphins were the better team.
    s
    Also I see I was wrong with the Vikings steamrolling the 49ers 49-14 not even close to that, except they still won no sweat 24-16 the game did become laughable, JG was able to lead a valiant comeback and give the 49ers a chance to tie except showing that he is human and would end throws a int perfectly to the Vikings defense.

I did say if I had a Ferrari I would bet the Vikings would win and they did win with their defense defending when needed along with Cousins played better than JG. Great to see the magic finally end because I really hate how they soul crushed the Titans and today the Vikings soul crushed the 49ers and JG with his great int a gut punch to the 49ers fans.

The Vikings are a Ferrari and the 49ers aren't in the same damn league so it astounds me that anyone seriously said the 49ers would win yes they have JG except he's facing a great team on the road a Super Bowl contender and couldn't move the offense when needed into the endzone.

He's the second best. With the Pats there is always the Brady or Belichick debate. With GB there is no debate about who is responsible for them winning.
    This debate died 2 years ago.

Brady is the best.

Rodgers has another decade of dominance before he can enter that conversation.

But if I were a betting man, Rodgers is who I'd place my money on to surpass Tom Brady's legacy, if I had to place money on somebody now.

But Rodgers' window is closing on the best QB in football very quickly.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

A couple teams looked outright lethargic and unready for the season out there today.

The Bills looked like they're going to be the worst team in football this year. A 47-3 loss is one thing, and it only took them 34 minutes to sit Nathan Peterman this time, after he throws two more picks in a half, and averaged 1.3 yards per pass attempt. Now they're throwing Josh Allen to the wolves.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

This debate died 2 years ago.

Brady is the best.

Rodgers has another decade of dominance before he can enter that conversation.

But if I were a betting man, Rodgers is who I'd place my money on to surpass Tom Brady's legacy, if I had to place money on somebody now.

But Rodgers' window is closing on the best QB in football very quickly.
    I don't think the debate is closed at all. Depends on criteria. If you think rings are the ultimate criteria, Brady is the best. If you think performance and and what the player does for the team, my money is on Rodgers.

How did NE do when Brady was absent compared to GB without Rodgers. I also think the Pats have consistently had a much better Defense than the Packers as well.

I just don't think championships, especially in football are the sole metric.

Extraordinary Member

Tom was just okay today.
    Rodgers hasn’t been better than Brady since 2014

Extraordinary Member

I don't think the debate is closed at all. Depends on criteria. If you think rings are the ultimate criteria, Brady is the best. If you think performance and and what the player does for the team, my money is on Rodgers.

How did NE do when Brady was absent compared to GB without Rodgers. I also think the Pats have consistently had a much better Defense than the Packers as well.

Brady and Rodgers stats since Rodgers entered the league are virtually neck and neck. The performance gap isn’t so big. The accolades gap is.

My father always brings up the 2008 season as some kind of trump card to prove Manning is much, much better (of course, he also believes the Tuck Rule was invented on the spot to screw Al Davis despite it being called against the Patriots in a game earlier that season. It was technically the right call, but a stupid rule that shouldn't have been in the book to begin with). That schedule is perhaps the easiest schedule I have seen for any team, ever. The AFC East got to play the AFC and NFC West, who produced one team with a winning record between the two of them (and they were 9-7). That's where 7 of the Pats 10 wins that season came from, with the one win against a winning team outside of their division a very cold weather game against Arizona. The other 3 wins came from division games against the rest of the AFC East (a 3-3 record overall). While they did fail to make the playoffs on a tiebreaker, they would have been a one and done team if they had gone in.

Other than that, there is the 3-1 record they had while Brady was serving his suspension for the laws of physics, with 2 of those wins coming from the guy who is now a starting QB somewhere else - and currently has a decent record of his own.

Sorry, but I hate the concept of the 'Brady or Belichick' debate, since not only do I not see it brought up for other great quarterbacks, but somehow Brady's greatness invalidates Belichick's, which in turn invalidates Brady's, like some kind of Schrodinger's football debate.