Page 129 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2220
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In silly NFL News , the Chicago Bears are angry that Cody Parkey did an appearance on the Today Show to discuss the heat he's taken over a missed FG. In fact here is what Parkey said during the appearance and the response from Matt Nagy who basically says the team will look at upgrading the position due to this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...day-appearance

That miss -- well, blocked kick -- sent the Bears home as an early exit from the playoffs, and oddly enough sent Parkey to the TODAY show. Parkey explained his feelings about his missed kick, thanked his teammates for support, touted how the Bears were like a "family" and even discussed how he and his wife were reminded of how many people love and support them.

"I feel worse than anybody about missing that kick because I wanted to make it more than anybody," Parkey said during his TODAY appearance last week. "But at the end of the day, I'm just going to hold my head high and when things aren't going my way I'm just going to continue to think positive and keep swinging."

That was Parkey's response as he put over the Bears team etc.

This was Matt Nagy's with the GM response...

"We always talk about a 'we' and not a 'me' thing," Nagy said Monday during his joint press conference with GM Ryan Pace. "We win as a team and we lose as a team. I didn't necessarily think it was a 'we' thing."

Pace went on to add the team is actively looking into addressing the position, saying "That position is an emphasis for us. We understand that we need to get better."

Its just utterly insane someone does an appearance like this , puts over the entire team and then gets basically told he did wrong and has the GM come out and say they likely will cut him. Talk about a total disrespectful team the Chicago Bears are to their own player.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

And it was block, not a miss. Why aren't they canning an OL for failing to stop the kick blocker?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I'm 2-8 so far in the playoffs picks which is a 75% winning percentage... going the opposite.

The Aint's look the weakest in the field of those remaining. Eagles had they chances the entire second half. Brees was so unstoppable he put up a single touchdown after halftime. The Rams are going to roast them, I've been saying they're going to the Superbowl most of the season. Win by 10.

Mahomes ain't Elvis Gerbac or fuckin' Trent Green or that dope Alex Smith. I'm not ready to crown him as the next thing yet but for as much of an anti-Texans/Tacks/Chefs fan I am... he ain't that. His game did change, he kept that fight up front and didn't get shook like the other rookie QB's watching at home now. That was impressive, I'm taking KC to edge out the Pats by a TD.

KC vs. LA in the Superbowl.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    And it was block, not a miss. Why aren't they canning an OL for failing to stop the kick blocker?
    It appears Parkey is the fall guy to blame and its kinda...sickening really. They honestly should blame the fact that they didn't score enough offensively and defensively didn't hold that final quarter. Instead...he's gotta be the guy they blame.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I'm jumping right to the SB:

New Orleans Saints d. Kansas City Chiefs 38-35.

Lots of passing yards, a close contest for a lot of the game. The Saints D come up with a few more key stops than KC's D does, and Sean Payton makes a few more gutsy calls that Andy Reid does not, both things putting them over the top.

Based on this, obviously I'm taking KC this weekend. But with that said, analysts are going too far again. Talking of 'passings of the torch" and ****. They're reading far too much into KC's defensive performance against the Colts thinking it will apply to Brady and his offense. It won't. They're going to get beat up. The positive for the Chiefs is that Mahomes should beat up the Pats D as well. This should be a shoot out.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-14-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm jumping right to the SB:

New Orleans Saints d. Kansas City Chiefs 38-35.

Lots of passing yards, a close contest for a lot of the game. The Saints D come up with a few more key stops than KC's D does, and Sean Payton makes a few more gutsy calls that Andy Reid does not, both things putting them over the top.

Based on this, obviously I'm taking KC this weekend. But with that said, analysts are going too far again. Talking of 'passings of the torch" and ****. They're reading far too much into KC's defensive performance against the Colts thinking it will apply to Brady and his offense. It won't. They're going to get beat up. The positive for the Chiefs is that Mahomes should beat up the Pats D as well. This should be a shoot out.
    Watch it be 12-9, all FGs. :P
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Because kickers are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable. But yeah, a fall guy is needed by the Bears and Parker is about to pay the price.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well in shocking news , Kyler Murray has decided to declare for the NFL draft ! Back in fall his agent claimed Murray was gonna go do MLB as he had been drafted in 1st round by the Oakland Athletics. But now it appears Murray wants to do a NFL career .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nter-nfl-draft

Murray originally was projected as a 2nd/3rd rd pick due to his size (5'10 , 185 pounds) but with being so electric at throwing and running ; Murray may end up in 1st rd.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well in shocking news , Kyler Murray has decided to declare for the NFL draft ! Back in fall his agent claimed Murray was gonna go do MLB as he had been drafted in 1st round by the Oakland Athletics. But now it appears Murray wants to do a NFL career .

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...nter-nfl-draft

Murray originally was projected as a 2nd/3rd rd pick due to his size (5'10 , 185 pounds) but with being so electric at throwing and running ; Murray may end up in 1st rd.
    At 5'9" he will be the shortest QB to play in the NFL since Doug Flutie. Some teams think they can use his athleticism and scheme around his height and still rank him a 1st rounder, some do not. Representatives of the A's and MLB met with Murray this weekend to discuss sweetening the pot on the deal he signed with the A's after the MLB draft, including a new extension with a Major League contract (rather than a minor league deal which is what most draftees get) which would place him on Oakland's 40 man roster even though he would still likely start at high Class A ball if he plays for Oakland. The A's had to get permission to do so as normally you cannot upgrade/extend signees that quickly, but did get league permission to do so. They knew he was going to declare no matter what, but the meeting was to try to sweeten the pot to get him to choose baseball regardless. He is now mulling over their offer vs. what he might get from an NFL team, guaranteed money from MLB vs. the way NFL teams normally structure contracts, career longevity, etc. His declaring for the NFL draft was a formality he had to do to keep his options open, but it is not a guarantee he will choose the NFL over MLB yet. His Heisman season changed a lot of things and opened up new options for him, and he is exploring those, but he could still wind up playing for the A's organization when spring training opens in a month or so. Or not. Only time will tell and he's made a formal decision/announcement of his intentions. He could defer until after the NFL draft in April too, and use the MLB extension deal as leverage in his negotiations with the team that drafts him or see if he falls out of the first round, but that would put him a little behind in his MLB development if he does.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Watch it be 12-9, all FGs. :P
    I've predicted shoot out and I've been rather KOD with all my beliefs this year, so yeah, it wouldn't shock me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I've predicted shoot out and I've been rather KOD with all my beliefs this year, so yeah, it wouldn't shock me.
    LOL! Sacred Knight's blessing is going to give us ... DEFENSIVE SHOWCASE OF THE YEAR!

And I'm upping it to 17-14, all FGs and 2 safeties.

I predict all safeties!

32 to 30

Meanwhile Parkey pretty much has a reputation for being a doinker now. There has to be a way to turn that into money, but I really don't think it will be with another NFL team.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    In silly NFL News , the Chicago Bears are angry that Cody Parkey did an appearance on the Today Show to discuss the heat he's taken over a missed FG. In fact here is what Parkey said during the appearance and the response from Matt Nagy who basically says the team will look at upgrading the position due to this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...day-appearance

That was Parkey's response as he put over the Bears team etc.

This was Matt Nagy's with the GM response...

Its just utterly insane someone does an appearance like this , puts over the entire team and then gets basically told he did wrong and has the GM come out and say they likely will cut him. Talk about a total disrespectful team the Chicago Bears are to their own player.
    Well considering the Bears are giving serous consideration to signing Kareem Hunt even after the Chiefs released him because of the video, one has to think Nagy and Bears front office has their head up their ass in more ways than one, so this shouldn't come as a surprise.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    At 5'9" he will be the shortest QB to play in the NFL since Doug Flutie. Some teams think they can use his athleticism and scheme around his height and still rank him a 1st rounder, some do not. Representatives of the A's and MLB met with Murray this weekend to discuss sweetening the pot on the deal he signed with the A's after the MLB draft, including a new extension with a Major League contract (rather than a minor league deal which is what most draftees get) which would place him on Oakland's 40 man roster even though he would still likely start at high Class A ball if he plays for Oakland. The A's had to get permission to do so as normally you cannot upgrade/extend signees that quickly, but did get league permission to do so. They knew he was going to declare no matter what, but the meeting was to try to sweeten the pot to get him to choose baseball regardless. He is now mulling over their offer vs. what he might get from an NFL team, guaranteed money from MLB vs. the way NFL teams normally structure contracts, career longevity, etc. His declaring for the NFL draft was a formality he had to do to keep his options open, but it is not a guarantee he will choose the NFL over MLB yet. His Heisman season changed a lot of things and opened up new options for him, and he is exploring those, but he could still wind up playing for the A's organization when spring training opens in a month or so. Or not. Only time will tell and he's made a formal decision/announcement of his intentions. He could defer until after the NFL draft in April too, and use the MLB extension deal as leverage in his negotiations with the team that drafts him or see if he falls out of the first round, but that would put him a little behind in his MLB development if he does.

-M

Its more a surprise as Murray's agent told folks right when he was close to winning the Heisman that Murray was gonna do his MLB career. Me thinks Murray likely started to change his mind as folks told him teams likely would go for him. One team that could is....The New Orleans Saints.

Sean Payton is still irked over losing out on Mahomes and Brees will be 40 next season. So time is hitting where the Saints need that next QB to groom. Murray could be that guy. I can see the Saints throwing draft picks to get him and let him sit a season to learn off Brees.

I think Kyler Murray is going to be a name I get sick of by the time we roll around to April. It seems like he's the latest prospect that has gained the obsession of the media this go around. There's one every season, but this one feels super manufactured. Like the only reason we're talking about him is the faux baseball drama. I just don't feel like he's going to be successful in the NFL. I could be wrong though.