Page 13 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Now Rodgers had one inspiring come from behind win and suddenly he's better than Tom Brady.
    This has nothing to do with last night, he has been the best QB playing his whole career. The amazing thing is last night is typical.

He was aways better than Brady IMHO. And that isn't saying Brady is not also great.

I don't have a problem with those who consider Brady better, I just put Rodgers over him. I am not alone in this.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-10-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I guess we will see if this is just one of those odd games, or the Jets are better than we thought and the Lions a lot worse.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The Jets playing like the 2007 Patriots leading 48-17 and scored 31 in 3rd quarter. A utter embarrassment for the Lions in Detroit Rock City.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I guess we will see if this is just one of those odd games, or the Jets are better than we thought and the Lions a lot worse.

It's the Lions being a lot worse no doubt because the Jets won't be the 2017 Rams this year for offense and defense.

A flying high wonderful debut for Darnold with the Jets in a team win steamrolling the Lions in a game that became a embarrassment in the 3rd quarter.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    The Jets playing like the 2007 Patriots leading 48-17 and scored 31 in 3rd quarter. A utter embarrassment for the Lions in Detroit Rock City.
    Somewhere in America, Jim Caldwell is laughing his ass off at the Lions who fired him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

That Beast Mode TD was big boy football
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Extraordinary Member

This has nothing to do with last night, he has been the best QB playing his whole career. The amazing thing is last night is typical.

He was aways better than Brady IMHO. And that isn't saying Brady is not also great.

I don't have a problem with those who consider Brady better, I just put Rodgers over him. I am not alone in this.
    In 2010 Brady was easily the best QB in the league.
    In 2015 Brady was the best QB besides Newton who won MVP. Rodgers had a crap second half of the season
    In 2016 Brady was the best QB besides Ryan who also won MVP. Rodgers slump from the previous year continued for the first part of that season.
    In 2017 Brady was the best QB in the league and MVP, Rodgers wasn't really even in the MVP conversation before Brady got injured.\

So 4 of the last 8 seasons Brady was better outright. Then you have situations like 2009 where Brees and Manning were clearly better than Rodgers and 2013 where Manning was far and away the best QB that year and it wasn't particularly close. And Rodgers wasn't the best QB in 2008 either when he first got the starting job.

So when you say "he has been the best QB playing his whole career" he wasn't even one of the top 2 QB's in the last 3 seasons and from 2008-present he's only ever really been able to claim he was the best QB in 2011, 2014, and MAYBE 2012. So being generous in 10 seasons he was only the best 2 maybe 3 times.

Rodgers is one of the best QB's playing but alot of his greatness is hyperbole and prisoner of the moment stuff. Moreso than Brady. Outside of his efficiency when you hear people talk about Rodgers they say ridiculous things like "I've never seen anybody play like him", I'm like then you weren't old enough to watch Steve Young. There's nothing Rodgers does that he couldn't do.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Somewhere in America, Jim Caldwell is laughing his ass off at the Lions who fired him.
    LOL!

If Fitzpatrick has a few more good games maybe Jamieson Winston doesn't start when he comes back?

Rodgers has the highest QB rating of anyone in history.

But look, I get those who put Brady higher. I have been watching both play their whole carreers.

If I had a team, I'd want Rodgers behind the Center.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-10-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Derek's inside in his own head....

SMH
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Pick-six for the dagger.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Derek lost this game.

Extraordinary Member

Rodgers has the highest QB rating of anyone in history.

But look, I get those who put Brady higher. I have been watching both play their whole carreers.

If I had a team, I'd want Rodgers behind the Center.
    Era, the three highest QB ratings ever right now are Rodgers, Wilson, and Brady. Two of them are the best QB's to debut post the 2004 rule changes. The other is the best QB to debut immediately preceding it. Same with how Brees/Brady/Manning will in some order finish in the top 3 in all the big volume stats. 2004 completely screwed stats up.

Going to be sad if we can't beat Detroit at home next week. That being said, week 1 is almost essentially a throwaway in terms of what teams are headed where. I don't think the Jets are that good, and the Lions are that bad. Also, Fitzpatrick was playing like Dan Marino 1984 yesterday. Not sustainable.