Page 130 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2220

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I think Kyler Murray is going to be a name I get sick of by the time we roll around to April. It seems like he's the latest prospect that has gained the obsession of the media this go around. There's one every season, but this one feels super manufactured. Like the only reason we're talking about him is the faux baseball drama. I just don't feel like he's going to be successful in the NFL. I could be wrong though.
    Deion Sanders advice to him was grab the baseball bat and never look back.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

I may be biased because I'm probably a bigger baseball fan, but I would choose baseball without much hesitation. There's risk in playing any sport at a professional level, but if he's as talented as a lot of execs seem to think he is, there's so much more security in baseball.

BANNED

Why exactly is it that entering the MLB draft and signing a contract didn't compromise Murray's football eligibility? Collegiate amateurism is already enough of a sham as it is, but what's to stop any football player from just getting signed to BS baseball contracts as a way for boosters to funnel them money or whatever?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Why exactly is it that entering the MLB draft and signing a contract didn't compromise Murray's football eligibility? Collegiate amateurism is already enough of a sham as it is, but what's to stop any football player from just getting signed to BS baseball contracts as a way for boosters to funnel them money or whatever?
    Its been this way for a number of years. John Elway once was drafted (i think he may have signed possibly) and instead did a NFL career.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Fantastic Member

Stumbled across a Terry Bradshaw interview from a day or two ago where he discussed why Tom Brady is so good at forty. Bradshaw says Brady still has his legs. Bradshaw mentioned that every QB still has his arm strength throughout their career unless they suffer an injury. He mentioned running QBs take a pounding. He cited Vick and 'that kid in Houston' meaning Watson and possibly some others I missed. The host said Dan Marino never lost his arm strength but lost his legs. And the host mentioned Drew Bledsoe said that he could throw the hell out of the ball but lost his legs.

So there you have it.

Maybe true, maybe a bunch of B.S. but I found it pretty interesting.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I may be biased because I'm probably a bigger baseball fan, but I would choose baseball without much hesitation. There's risk in playing any sport at a professional level, but if he's as talented as a lot of execs seem to think he is, there's so much more security in baseball.
    Baseball is my very first sports love, so I agree fully. While the path to "The Show" often takes longer (unless you possess a dazzling amount of talent and move quickly through the minors), but once you make it to the majors, the ceiling is unlimited, as is the paycheck as Manny Machado and Bryce Harper will soon prove correct. If Murray is as good as claimed, he can become a star in baseball quickly, but in the NFL, his smallish size could hinder him, especially if he wants to play quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post
    Stumbled across a Terry Bradshaw interview from a day or two ago where he discussed why Tom Brady is so good at forty. Bradshaw says Brady still has his legs. Bradshaw mentioned that every QB still has his arm strength throughout their career unless they suffer an injury. He mentioned running QBs take a pounding. He cited Vick and 'that kid in Houston' meaning Watson and possibly some others I missed. The host said Dan Marino never lost his arm strength but lost his legs. And the host mentioned Drew Bledsoe said that he could throw the hell out of the ball but lost his legs.

So there you have it.

That makes sense. Most quarterbacks don't retire once their arms go south, but when they lose their legs, so yeah, Bradshaw has a big point there.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-15-2019 at 02:45 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I think Kyler Murray is going to be a name I get sick of by the time we roll around to April. It seems like he's the latest prospect that has gained the obsession of the media this go around. There's one every season, but this one feels super manufactured. Like the only reason we're talking about him is the faux baseball drama. I just don't feel like he's going to be successful in the NFL. I could be wrong though.
    As an Arizona guy, I'm all for it. If hype builds at the combine for Murray and Haskins, someone's going to do something stupid from the Giants, Jags, Skins, or Dolphins and trade a boatload of picks to move up. Arizona has enough needs that taking Bosa at #1 isn't going to help them fix what ails them.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by DungeonmasterJim View Post

So there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Baseball is my very first sports love, so I agree fully. While the path to "The Show" often takes longer (unless you possess a dazzling amount of talent and move quickly through the minors), but once you make it to the majors, the ceiling is unlimited, as is the paycheck as Manny Machado and Bryce Harper will soon prove correct. If Murray is as good as claimed, he can become a star in baseball quickly, but in the NFL, his smallish size could hinder him.

That makes sense. Most quarterbacks don't retire once their arms go south, but when they lose their legs, so yeah, Bradshaw has a big point there.

Well its not just Bradshaw who said this , many years ago I believe Phil Simms or Jim Nantz asked Vinny Testeverde why he was still able to keep playing football at 40+ and Testeverde told them that his legs was something he kept in good enough shape to keep going. That he was able to keep playing at that age because his legs was in good enough shape. Bradshaw himself never had an issue with his legs , it was basically in 1983 while throwing a pass he heard a POP sound in his throwing arm and learned...his career was over.

A fact that when I the 30 for 30 from Elway to Marino draft special they did....Pittsburgh felt they had Bradshaw good enough for 2-4 more seasons at least and decided against drafting Marino. As well as the fact 2-3 seasons earlier they had used a 1st rd pick on Mark Malone. In both cases they screwed up major.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Guys, I was hoping we could discuss how awesome the Pittsburgh Steelers are. Thoughts?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Guys, I was hoping we could discuss how awesome the Pittsburgh Steelers are. Thoughts?
    Well they could be trading Brown this off-season .

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

I just want to see them trade Brown and Bell to Cleveland and the drama that ensues. Oh sure, you're not supposed to trade volatile talents to division rivals, but this is the entertainment business and we the fans deserve to see this train wreck.

I think Brown will be one hell of an Oakland Raider. I imagine Gruden's pitch is in the ballpark of "you can be you, new start, the city is gonna embrace your star". Maybe he even meets him on the roof of the Venetian.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well its not just Bradshaw who said this , many years ago I believe Phil Simms or Jim Nantz asked Vinny Testeverde why he was still able to keep playing football at 40+ and Testeverde told them that his legs was something he kept in good enough shape to keep going. That he was able to keep playing at that age because his legs was in good enough shape. Bradshaw himself never had an issue with his legs , it was basically in 1983 while throwing a pass he heard a POP sound in his throwing arm and learned...his career was over.

A fact that when I the 30 for 30 from Elway to Marino draft special they did....Pittsburgh felt they had Bradshaw good enough for 2-4 more seasons at least and decided against drafting Marino. As well as the fact 2-3 seasons earlier they had used a 1st rd pick on Mark Malone. In both cases they screwed up major.
    Pittsburgh's loss was our gain. Malone is my favorite bad QB of all time.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.