Page 131 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2220

Darth Hoodie and Gilmore said today that KC's blazing starts and Mahomes' "no look bombs" are the biggest concern.

Bill: "He's the best QB in the NFL and will be for the forseable future. We have work to do. His no looks passes are the best I've ever seen. Our defense needs to jam him early."

Gilmore: "Mahomes' no look bombs are going to be hard to stop. He doesn't even tell with his shoulders or feet."

Also the BallGhazi refs are officiating this game. KC got bad calls from them in the Rams loss this year, so both teams are unhappy with the ref crew.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-16-2019 at 12:46 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

That's what's so damned frustrating about the kid. He scrambles, avoids pressure then throws these no look darts, plenty of times across his body which have always been the number one most dangerous pass to try, that are on the mark. Its insane. Insane in a good way for him and the Chiefs, maddening to everyone else.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-16-2019 at 05:55 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's what's so damned frustrating about the kid. He scrambles, avoids pressure then throws these no look darts, plenty of times across his body which have always been the number one most dangerous pass to try, that are on the mark. Its insane. Insane in a good way for him and the Chiefs, maddening to everyone else.
    My predictions:

RAMS 34
    SAINTS 38

PATRIOTS 31
    CHIEFS 28

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Why won’t Jerry Jones commit to Jason Garrett? (we have an idea)

In one breath, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones insists that coach Jason Garrett would have had five job offers if he’d been available two weeks ago. In the next breath, Jones refuses to rule out that Garrett will be available two weeks from now.

So what’s going on? We’ve got an idea. And it involves the head coach of a team that is still playing.

Here’s what Jones told 105.3 The Fan in Dallas when asked to commit to the 2019 return of his head coach, with emphasis added: “Why would I put some kind of statement out that says this is what we’re going to do when we might have an opportunity here next week? This is the time when these things are thought about. This is the time when they are chewed on. This is when you may see an opportunity next week that you didn’t know existed this week in the area of personnel or in the area of coaching. And I’m not trying to be cute here. I’m just saying that one of the advantages that we have is that we can operate with that kind of flexibility.”
    And given that a month of Sunday Splash! reports has speculated on Saints coach Sean Payton moving on and, more specifically, linked him to the Cowboys, it’s fair to consider Jones’ comments through that lens. Is Jones suggesting that, if the Saints lose, the Cowboys would explore upgrading from Jason Garrett to Sean Payton?
    I'm sure that makes Jason Garrett feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy inside.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Why won’t Jerry Jones commit to Jason Garrett? (we have an idea)

I'm sure that makes Jason Garrett feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy inside.

Jones has wanted Sean Payton for a number of years. It all traces back to when Jones let Payton leave back after the 2005 season for the Saints. That he watched him go and after his exit , Parcells would retire after 2006.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

AFC I'll be rooting for the Chiefs like I was born and raised in Kansas City. I long for a Super Bowl where I can just be passive and not care about who's going to be playing and the only way that will happen is if the Patriots lose here.

NFC, it's more of a toss up. I'm really happy that these are the last two teams as I'll be rooting for either one of them to win the Super Bowl. I'm a big Drew Brees fan, who I think is surprisingly underrated. Everyone always talks Brady/Rodgers as the best current QB, but I think you really have to include Brees in that conversation as well and I think another Super Bowl would help that point. And the Rams have a lot of my favorite players right now. Robert Woods is by far my favorite Ex-Bill and I'd love to see him on the big stage. So yeah, either way I'm happy.

My predictions:

Saints 35 Rams 31
    Chiefs 24 Patriots 17

Rams and Chiefs already played each other this year. The Rams and Patriots already played each other in a Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    AFC I'll be rooting for the Chiefs like I was born and raised in Kansas City. I long for a Super Bowl where I can just be passive and not care about who's going to be playing and the only way that will happen is if the Patriots lose here.

NFC, it's more of a toss up. I'm really happy that these are the last two teams as I'll be rooting for either one of them to win the Super Bowl. I'm a big Drew Brees fan, who I think is surprisingly underrated. Everyone always talks Brady/Rodgers as the best current QB, but I think you really have to include Brees in that conversation as well and I think another Super Bowl would help that point. And the Rams have a lot of my favorite players right now. Robert Woods is by far my favorite Ex-Bill and I'd love to see him on the big stage. So yeah, either way I'm happy.
    I've always ranked them Brady ........... Brees .............................................. Rodgers. Brees is a solid #2 over Rodgers IMHO.

I'd love to see Brees vs. Brady in the SB. The Golden Oldies Bowl!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post

Brees has been unfairly shoved out of the conversation back when the pundits were debating Brady/Manning.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Brees has been unfairly shoved out of the conversation back when the pundits were debating Brady/Manning.
    Ehhh. Brees wasn't winning 11,12,13 games a season for almost 10 years like Manning and Brady did either. Even when Manning declined Brees got beat out by the Falcons and Panthers in division on more than a couple of occasions. He's great. **** him, but he's great, I just think he's a couple steps behind Manning and Brady. He probably should be ahead of Rogers though.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Ehhh. Brees wasn't winning 11,12,13 games a season for almost 10 years like Manning and Brady did either. Even when Manning declined Brees got beat out by the Falcons and Panthers in division on more than a couple of occasions. He's great. **** him, but he's great, I just think he's a couple steps behind Manning and Brady. He probably should be ahead of Rogers though.
    I think even at their worst, the Manning led Colts had a much better defense than Brees had except in that Super Bowl season. The Saints defense was seemingly a relic from the 'sin to win' days of the Ain'ts.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think even at their worst, the Manning led Colts had a much better defense than Brees had except in that Super Bowl season. The Saints defense was seemingly a relic from the 'sin to win' days of the Ain'ts.
    Well, not for lack of trying. They got a lot out of Greggggg Wiliams and yea, the shine off the Ryan boys came off but they mired around for quite a while. Rob had a little success. Manning Colts defense was always keeping thing in front, let 18 get a lead and have Freeney and Mathis go get the QB. It was a great tandem, when it worked, many times it didn't but Brees didn't always outshoot teams.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Man, I just watched the Adam Gase introductory press conference with the Jets and all I can think of is:

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

So ... when is the start of the "current era" QBs? When Elway retired?

And are we in a new era now? Or we wait till Brady retires?

Because I've always done this:
    1. Brady
    2. Brees
    3. P. Manning
    4. Rodgers
    5. Big Ben
    6. Rivers
    7. Ryan
    8. Wilson
    9. E. Manning
    10. Palmer

For this grouping.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-17-2019 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Eff Tony Romo

The exact ranking is always subjective. But I don't think Romo belongs there.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!