Page 133 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2220
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

So, it looks like Antonio Brown has joined Kevin Durant and is using a burner account to defend himself.

https://thebiglead.com/2019/01/17/an...chael57692394/
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So ... when is the start of the "current era" QBs? When Elway retired?

And are we in a new era now? Or we wait till Brady retires?

Because I've always done this:
    1. Brady
    2. Brees
    3. P. Manning
    4. Rodgers
    5. Big Ben
    6. Rivers
    7. Ryan
    8. Wilson
    9. E. Manning
    10. Palmer

For this grouping.
    This is a good raw grouping and I'd say start with the end of Favre mostly. For me it's a two man race for miles, then everybody else.

Brady

-------------------------

Then Brees. I'm not saying Championships is the only qualifier but it should be weighted, along with playoff appearances. Eli's got two which keeps him in the current top 10 but he hasn't sniffed a post season OR a division champ since and that has to count. Brees has longevity so I can put him in front of Rogers even though Brees isn't a perennial playoff participant. He had a stretch of about 4 or 5 seasons without looking it up where he wasn't even in the Playoffs. Defense Schmefense, doesn't take anything away but up against guys who did more it's gotta factor.

---------------------------
    Then Aaron Rogers and after it gets into semantics. Rogers has the one Superbowl but he's been to the playoffs a ton, won the division many times, it counts. He gets his shit together in 5 years he could catch Brees with the right teams. That said if you put Ben, who I loathe, above Rogers, I can't dismiss that argument. 2 Superbowls, even though the Zona one was suspect.
    Eli holds it down still cause of the 2 SBs

The generational two above the rest and then 4 that are next. After that it's a passing yardage contest where only Rivers counts cause he's been in the leage for 200 years and won a single playoff game I think. I don't mind not have a round 10 because after those guys the list of concessions and exceptions and goal post moving gets to heavy. If I'm pressed for an even number I go with Russell Wilson, you have to.

As far as Romo v. Flacco, I take Romo. He's tougher, he might not be a winner in the traditional sense but I've seen that guy get whalloped and return more often than I would have thought he could earlier into his career. He had a little bit of magic to him. Flacco rode that defense, although if Lee Evans catches that damn pass against the Pats history is quite different.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

^^ And that is why I really, badly want a Brees vs. Brady Super Bowl.

I think no matter who won, it cements Brees as a great. A win would cast doubts on the GOAT, too. And Brees is a great guy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Super Bowl musings:

Kansas City over LA Rams
    LA Rams over Patriots
    Patriots over Saints
    Saints over Kansas City

I think those are the potential outcomes
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

With that locker room, I'm still surprised the Rams haven't had a melt down yet. I say they are overdue but ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Welp, Scott Linehan is out as Cowboys offensive coordinator. It's said that Garrett is going to be hands on in choosing the successor as a commitment to his future in Dallas by Jerrah and company. We'll see. Whomever takes the job will have a lot of good pieces to work with with that line (and Frederick returning next year), Zeke, Cooper, and Dak.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

With that locker room, I'm still surprised the Rams haven't had a melt down yet. I say they are overdue but ...
    I thought that before the season, but throughout the entire past eight months there has not been a hint of a peep of discord from that locker room. None that I have heard here in the LA area, anyhow.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

^^ And that is why I really, badly want a Brees vs. Brady Super Bowl.

I think no matter who won, it cements Brees as a great. A win would cast doubts on the GOAT, too. And Brees is a great guy.
    I'm not so sure about that, since in order for it to happen Brady would be in his 9th Superbowl. I agree with everything else though.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In NFL News , the Philadelphia Eagles did right by Nick Foles on his way out it appears. Foles already earned a number of incentives tied into his contract for starting & winning playoff game this season. But he had 1 incentive that promised $1+ million tied into him taking 33% of the regular season snaps. It was shown Foles fell 4 snaps short of that and the Eagles decided that Foles earned that bonus.

Its unlikely Foles stays in Philly in 2019 as destinations from Jacksonville to Washington have been mentioned. But in the end he got paid and you have to compliment the team paying him on his way out.

In other NFL news , the talk of Murray going to the NFL has shook some teams and one analyst on NFL.Com ran down the 8 teams that could draft Murray in that 1st round.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-lead-the-way

You have to question some of these as Denver already has a 1st rd bust at QB under Elway in Lynch. Does he take a gamble on Murray ? Also the Patriots themselves are known to not draft QB's in the 1st round and the last QB drafted 1st rd wise was Drew Bledsoe in 1993. That was 25 years ago.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

With the Cleveland Browns looking pretty solid this season ; this was the last winning season the Browns have had ! In the 19 seasons since the franchise returned they have only had 2 winning seasons .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Bucky Brooks broke down the 2019 NFL Draft and did his 1st mock draft. There is some interesting selections he did...

Rams are lucky it's not 21 nothing.

Rams D is keeping them in the game. Should not be this close!

It's the close game I always expected from the #1 and #2 teams.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Holy cow what a game!