Page 140 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2220

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Chiefs defense was ranked 30th overall this season....so things weren't good at all. They allowed 400+ yards a game nearly in 2018. Why do you think Mahomes was forced into shoot outs as we saw ?
    Two things:

1) I only ever heard their sack stat most of the year, so I assumed they were decent but not great. Maybe they do need a new DC? That's ... really bad for the second best team in the conference. Hopefully this means they don't do what happened to RGIII and currently Wilson, and get him some good OL and better defense.
    2) I think part of what's going on this year has to do a lot with the favorable rule changes to offense. So I'm not an alarmist on these things. I still think that's a bit rash to sack the DC ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-22-2019 at 04:18 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Two things:

1) I only ever heard their sack stat most of the year, so I assumed they were decent but not great. Maybe they do need a new DC? That's ... really bad for the second best team in the conference. Hopefully this means they don't do what happened to RGIII and currently Wilson, and get him some good OL and better defense.
    2) I think part of what's going on this year has to do a lot with the favorable rule changes to offense. So I'm not an alarmist on these things. I still think that's a bit rash to sack the DC ...

Things have been trending downward for the Chiefs for 2 seasons. They ranked 26th in 2017. So they were on their way downward. Reid knew he had to make changes. Whoever gets that DC position they are getting a team with Eric Berry (who should be full strength next season) , Justin Houstin , Dee Ford and Chris Jones. They can draft and add pieces to that in free agency of course. But a DC will like those pieces they have.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Argh ... that's not good. They need to shore up, not reboot.

Come on Chiefs, you have the tools and the talent ...
    Rumor says Rex Ryan is a candidate.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Here's a list of all the defensive coordinators who have beaten Brady/Belichick in the Super Bowl or playoffs:

Larry Coyer
    Ron Meeks
    Steve Spagnuolo
    Greg Mattison
    Mike Pettine
    Perry Fewell
    Dean Pees
    Jack Del Rio
    Wade Phillips
    Jim Schwartz

No repeats. At all. Each one of these guys have beaten the Brady Bunch a total of one time in the post-season. I find that a little stunning. Will Wade Phillips be the first DC to beat the Patriots Offense twice in the post-season?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    He's not done with his tour of AFC East teams yet!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-22-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Here is the odd deal , Reid raided Sutton to run Ryan's scheme back in 2013 when he became Chiefs coach. Sutton was a LB coach for the Jets under Ryan. So if they want that near same system kept , get the guy who runs it fully. Plus Ryan's a pretty decent Defensive Coordinator. It would be a good pickup if true.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Chiefs defense was ranked 30th overall this season....so things weren't good at all. They allowed 400+ yards a game nearly in 2018. Why do you think Mahomes was forced into shoot outs as we saw ?
    I thought Chiefs were ranked 24th in ppg and 31st against the pass. Is the the 30th ranking DVOA?

But will he put his best feet forward and toe the line with Andy Reid as his boss?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I thought Chiefs were ranked 24th in ppg and 31st against the pass. Is the the 30th ranking DVOA?
    Overall its claimed they ranked 30th in defense this season. Reid had to make a change because things got worse from 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    But will he put his best feet forward and toe the line with Andy Reid as his boss?
    Beyond the jokes and all , hiring Rex Ryan could make sense as i posted the Chiefs run a near same scheme of a 3-4 he likes to use. He'll be coming to a team with some defensive stars to use. That is a big question if Ryan wants to come in and just be a Defensive Coordinator and not be a head coach anymore.

There hasn't been a lot of good news in Arizona for sports fans in the past calendar year, so it was nice to wake up to this on my drive today...

Cardinals WR and future first ballot HOF Larry Fitzgerald announced he's returning for a 16th season

He's going to pass Tony Gonzalez for 2nd in all time receptions next year, he only needs 23 to move past Gonzalez, and leave only Jerry Rice at the top. Realistically, I wouldn't expect him to try and break Rice's record, because Larry would have to play until like 2024 to get that mark.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There hasn't been a lot of good news in Arizona for sports fans in the past calendar year, so it was nice to wake up to this on my drive today...

Cardinals WR and future first ballot HOF Larry Fitzgerald announced he's returning for a 16th season

He's going to pass Tony Gonzalez for 2nd in all time receptions next year, he only needs 23 to move past Gonzalez, and leave only Jerry Rice at the top. Realistically, I wouldn't expect him to try and break Rice's record, because Larry would have to play until like 2024 to get that mark.

I do kinda hope Fitzgerald plays til 2020. That way he can brag he played for 3 decades.

Fitzgerald, Moss, Rice, & Hutson are my WR Mt. Rusmore.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Lol, Don whom?? You went leather helmet, I see you workin.

Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Lynn Swan
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

The same, except I'd swap out Hutson for Cris Carter.

I'd cutoff the folks from the early days and swap in Steve Largent for Hutson.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Fantastic Four:

Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Don Hutson, Tim Brown
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!